Tournaments are working!

shadowblade528
Message added by Stevieboy,

There have been many posts removed or edited that have been discussing boosting the tournaments. This is against forum rules and will result in this thread being locked if it continues. It is fine to discuss the tournaments, but not to arrange boosting in them. That is what the gaming sessions feature is for. Please refrain from comments that are attempts to arrange boosting in this thread from now on.

Also, posting in a thread that you have made a gaming session counts as arranging boosting, and is also not allowed in the forum. You are permitted to post this in a status update though.

2 minutes ago, ReoJee said:

Same here, my entry was cancelled because I’m not in battlehub? I stayed at sign-up screen.

After the game kept prompting me to be o Battlehub thats exactly what i did.

2 minutes ago, shadowblade528 said:

You have to physically be in the battle hub server that you signed up for before it starts.

Man. Thats stupid of Capcom.

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

Capcom needs to just allow CUSTOM tournaments that CAN be boosted. Pretty sure if we made our own, they'd probably have better connections for some reason.

But went 0-2 against a Ken who was super laggy and spamming. 

They really should. Having to schedule your day around it or stay up super late at night, and then wait an hour before it actually starts is really inconvenient.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, shadowblade528 said:

Having custom tournaments like Tekken 7 or something really would solve all of these issues. If there's a communication error, at least you could just make another tournament right away whenever you wanted.

exactly this.

I'm done with it. I'll try in a year maybe. Fuck it.

12 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Maybe if they stop doing all the TMNT stuff like @Infected Elite says, they can fix the damn servers. :lol: 

i absolutely HATED hearing that damn theme..And i am a TMNT fan but jesus christ give us the option to put the standard SF6 soundtrack on. My god. The same Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Heroes in a half shell line every 30 seconds on loop = a slow painful hour wait for tournaments. 

Managed to win two sets before everything broke again. At least there is that. Waiting for an hour for it to start is atrocious though.

1 minute ago, Sagaftw3 said:

do you have to have your tournament window open? My entry just got cancelled

I was training at the cabinet until 6:55 in my time. Then just stood up and waited.

Edited by Akrioz

1 minute ago, Sagaftw3 said:

Same here, I was in the BH for the whole hour, standing infront of the NPC, do you have to have your tournament window open? My entry just got cancelled

You have to constantly be moving or pressing buttons too. Being idle kicks you out of the server for inactivity.

Well it's a good thing 0:00 without any reference to what time zone sign ups begin caused me to miss it at 12:30 EST. 

These three sets of trophies are awful. Instead of complaining, might I suggest three replacements:

1. Reach Platinum Rank (you can't derank in Gold and under)

2. Play all available arcade titles.

3. Complete Placement Matches for all characters (excluding DLC).

These would still be battle hub related but man with how broken the mode is and how terribly it's advertised and time sensitive, I can see a lot of people missing out on this one. Congrats to the one person who couldn't sleep until they got the platinum on finally getting it though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tokyobassist said:

1. Reach Platinum Rank (you can't derank in Gold and under)

I could say that technically the ranks are part of the Fighting Ground and not the Battle Hub, even if you could play ranked from it... Same that Extreme Battles are part of FG even if you could play them from the BH

I was lucky enough to get the platinum tonight. huge condolences to everyone who's getting communication errors, capcom really shit the bed with these tournaments.

I appreciate how much easier this trophy list was than SFV, but it left a bit to be desired. I'd have liked to see a ranked trophy, like for reaching Platinum league, and maybe something related to combo trials.

anyway, this is bittersweet for me because of how annoying it was to stay/wake up early and sit in the battle hub for an hour just to get disconnected, so many times. and I feel for everyone who is struggling with that still.

I truly wish you all the best of luck and hope you get your platinums soon. cheers!

• Like 2

I just hope they keep running tournaments instead of shutting them off again.

The tournaments barely work.  But they work enough that people could at least brute force the trophies with time.

Once demand chills out they'll probably stabilize a bit too.  I don't think any of the tournaments Friday morning DC'd but almost none of the tournaments filled up either unlike tonight.