How angry did a game make you...?

Mr_Freaker

Uncharted 3 online makes me rage the most, in my bad days i punch walls and hold the controller so hard (bad english...) that i think it'll end up breaking.

I never broke any of my controllers. One started derping on me though... it must have been the age, poor thing was demented, if i pressed X it'd do L3 instead and so on...

Battlefield 4 - Caught in a tense neck-and-neck team deathmatch, we finally came down to the wire, both teams only needed one more kill to win. I spot an enemy and he spots me, what a perfect time for my gun not to fire any bullets! I had run into this glitch before in a previous match, but the timing here was worse by far  :angry:

Ni No Kuni - Good grief that final boss fight was tough. Defeating that monstrosity took me more tries than I care to admit, and the fact that I was a little under-leveled didn't help either. For the longest time I could only get about five minutes into the battle against the final form. I went to youtube to check out some strategies and learned that there was a spell I had not acquired yet. Once I got the spell the battle was way easier.

Tales of Xillia - Another very tough final boss that I went into being under-level. I was insta-killed so many times it started to become humorous. Once my party members started showing up and using special artes the battle started going my way 

Dead Space 2 - Hardcore difficulty didn't seem so bad in the beginning, I was actually making some good progress. I made it to chapter 7 and still hadn't used any saves, I planned to save in this chapter though. Oh look a savepoint! I'll just walk over and ... game over  :o

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: I had a few challenging moments on Very Hard, which only took 2-3 attempts to get past... until I got to the final part of the fight against Armstrong, it took about 30+ tries, and I was getting so pissed off about it, the fact he was dealing upwards of 75% damage per hit didn't help, I ended up giving up & taking breaks if I was getting too worked up over it.

Ninja Gaiden II: I just have two words to describe how this game got me angry, Master Ninja, a lot of yelling is involved with that difficulty. Although Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's Master Ninja is a little easier than Ninja Gaiden II's, I've actually cleared it on an old account.

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs.: Trying to fight EX Gundam on the later arcade routes is an absolute hell, I can't remember how many times I failed because my partner got shot down by it, the friendly fire doesn't help either, especially when it's coming from the Wing Gundam Zero or Strike Freedom  :shakefist: . Yet again, just a bit of frustration involved.

Samurai/Dynasty Warriors: It's not from difficulty that these games get me frustrated, it's from when I'm doing really well in a battle, and then the officer who Isn't allowed to die or I Ifail decides to be an idiot & charge into a group of 4 or so officers when I'm on the other side of the battlefield. It seems the worst one for this in terms of the Samurai Warriors characters has to be Hideyoshi Toyotomi, and for Dynasty Warriors it's between Xu Zhu & Xiahou Yuan, .These situations get me really frustrated because, it's the A.I.'s fault, not mine.

There are a few others, but I don't want to take up too much space here.

Edited by Blanc

Sometimes I get so mad I want to chuck my ps3 in the trash. Surprisingly, the games that makes me feel this way are the games I like the most.

Black ops, my veteran run was fun at times but for the most part I was swearing my ass off. And now I'm playing zombies my potty mouth has returned.

Also uncharted 2 Online wanted me to snap the disc in tiny, tiny pieces.

• 3 weeks later...

Skyrim on the PS3, the game became unplayable after a short period of time making me feel like I wasted 60 bucks. After Bethesda made that terrible excuse of how the PS3 was too hard to develop on, I wanted to throw a brick at Bethesda's CEO and TP their employee's homes or something.

I don't remember the game (it was when I was young) but I remember splitting the TV remote control in half.  The outer casing broke into two pieces and some "motherboard" piece came out of it. 

remote-control-5.jpg

Something like the picture above...

Funny thing was that I was able to put it back together and it still worked :D

I try really hard not to let myself get mad at games cuz i wanna be having fun when i play. That being said XCOM made me so mad on the hardest difficulty that i had to stop. Especially after i read articles by the Devs saying they've never beaten it on Iron Man. I was randomly going off about it even when i wasn't playing it lol Still wanna go back and plat it someday tho..

I was about 7 or 8 and I got Jak 2 from my cousin and of course it was too hard for at least me so after a while i got fef up with it

and I... Kinda picked up my ps2(which would rarley be able to read games anyway) went outside and threw it as hard as i could at the concrete ground

and broke it... hehe ._.

Demon's Souls... the Maneaters kept booting me off the edge killing me instantly over and over so i used a glitch that got me so powerfull that the next time i fought them I absolutely destroyed them in just a couple seconds.

I stay away from games that are either very difficult for stupid me, have terrible gameplay mechanics, or require farming or grinding or difficult mini-games only to move on in the f***ing story, because they only make me frustrated, angry and upset. I normally don't look for a challenge in games, I just want to have fun in them and to enjoy the story.

Edited by ROBOCRIPPLE_
  • Like 1

Black Ops: on veteran

Naruto Ninja Storm 3: Getting S rank on the last boss

Kingdom Hearts: Proud Mode

Medal of Honor Frontline: Hard Mode especially that part when you're in the minecart.

Duke Nukem Forever: Earning 1,000,000 on the pinball machine

Hmmm... probably God of War II's challenge of the Titans mode.

It was Challenge 6 ('Survival of the Fittest'); the one with the Cerberus (I think), Cyclops, Gorgon and (@#$@#%@) wraiths :P

I think it was probably because it was late at night, and I was tired, but I must have spent like 3 hours doing this one level over, and over, again. I just couldn't seem to do anything; and I got so angry when I jumped and happened to get 'stoned' by the gorgons... it didn't help that there were a ridiculous amount of respawning enemies haha. I literally was about to smash the controller like 10 times, it just felt so unfair at the time.

I finally found a good strategy for it though (after finally actually 'thinking' about what I was doing) and breezed through it almost straight away. That's how life works I guess...

Interestingly, I had almost no trouble whatsoever with either GOW 1 or 2 during the game (on Hard mode, I think the name changes each game, but it was the hardest apart from the unlockable top difficulty) or during GOW1's equivalent set of missions. I suppose it just wasn't my day :L

ALSO, Black Ops on Veteran (I played it on the 360).

The one level in Vietnam how there are infinite enemies and you have to get down to the bottom of the hill, and there are grenades flipping everywhere... man I was SO angry at that part. The checkpoints and enemy targeting just seemed cheap and unfair haha

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

• Borderlands 2: Jimmy J3NKN5. Nuff said. UVHM or (probably) OP8 looks beautiful next to finding that piece of junk post- "Doctor's Orders". Took me aprox. 4 whole days of farming.
  • Dark Souls: Ornstein & Smough... First time I played it on PC, I was stuck there for an entire day... Not kidding. And trying to farm Blue Titanite Slabs from butterflies (because I don't have AotA on console), giving up, moving to get Red Titanite Slab from a chest, and getting it as a drop from a monster (drop rate is exactly the same for all colored slabs). I nearly rage quitted for the day.
  • Demon's Souls: 5-1 (NG+) boss, before I could find that long-range safe spot, and the road from the 4-2 archstone to the Old Hero before I learned to ALWAYS BRING A BOW WITH ME. ... I'm kidding. Pure Bladestone farm.
  • MGS4: That BBE run I'm still trying to complete. Was stuck on the very first area for nearly 2 months because of a random enemy turning around and triggering the game over alarm.
  • GRID 2: Getting that freaking glitched online trophy for the global challenge thing. Week after week after week.
  • Black Ops 2: Trying to get all 5 League games without dropping out of the game because of faulty net.
  • inFAMOUS: Having to re-do an entire good karma run because I missed one ability (ONE) and couldn't find ONE blast shard (did an entire map sweep. Twice).
  • Remember Me: Y U NO SKIP CUTSCENES!!!
  • Dead Space 2: Running low on health and ammo during Zealot Mode. Excuse? Plasma cutter only run, in homage to the original title.

I think that's it for now. Angry level? Just ragequit and move to another game. Never felt good destroying stuff while stressed.

Edited by djGLCKR

There are a ton of games that make me angry, but I never react violently, and I do my best to not swear in life. However the last part of Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty............................................that was rage inducing

Hmmm... probably God of War II's challenge of the Titans mode.

It was Challenge 6 ('Survival of the Fittest'); the one with the Cerberus (I think), Cyclops, Gorgon and (@#$@#%@) wraiths :P

I think it was probably because it was late at night, and I was tired, but I must have spent like 3 hours doing this one level over, and over, again. I just couldn't seem to do anything; and I got so angry when I jumped and happened to get 'stoned' by the gorgons... it didn't help that there were a ridiculous amount of respawning enemies haha. I literally was about to smash the controller like 10 times, it just felt so unfair at the time.

I finally found a good strategy for it though (after finally actually 'thinking' about what I was doing) and breezed through it almost straight away. That's how life works I guess...

Interestingly, I had almost no trouble whatsoever with either GOW 1 or 2 during the game (on Hard mode, I think the name changes each game, but it was the hardest apart from the unlockable top difficulty) or during GOW1's equivalent set of missions. I suppose it just wasn't my day :L

ALSO, Black Ops on Veteran (I played it on the 360).

The one level in Vietnam how there are infinite enemies and you have to get down to the bottom of the hill, and there are grenades flipping everywhere... man I was SO angry at that part. The checkpoints and enemy targeting just seemed cheap and unfair haha

Bro......did you ever play W@W on Veteran? BLOPS was a cinch comparatively. 

• Like 1

The way I see it, if a game is making you angry, you're not having any fun. If you're not having any fun, why the fuck are you doing it?

That said, God of War challenges and some of the jumps in Guacamelee had me spouting "Fuck! Fuck! Fuckity Fuck!"...but that's as far as it goes. I paid good money for my shit so there's no way I'm destroying it if a game gets the better of me.

angry enough to solidly beat and platinum the game :D i have a tendancy to get rightiously angry and go into i will do this or i will not sleep till i do  usually after i do that i get it done in afew tries :D

every death and failure is a learning experience after all just ask why u died how u coulda done it differently do it :P

• Like 2

Fifa 12, the online feels so scripted, sometimes your controller helps you sometimes it helps your opponent, I can't say I didn't rage after missing 20 shots while he scored on both of his changes.

Edited by Bonofifa

Bro......did you ever play W@W on Veteran? BLOPS was a cinch comparatively. 

I actually haven't played W@W at all yet, I've been meaning to for a while but just never got around to it :P

That part in Black Ops was the only bit I've found difficult or frustrating in any COD game on Veteran (somehow I managed to do Makarov's Safehouse in MW2 first go haha), my general principle is just to go slow and don't expose yourself from cover; unless you have a sick SMG or shogun for a rampage.

ALSO, in terms of furthering the topic, I find that whenever I get a bit annoyed or frustrated with a part in a game, I try to make it a point to stop and consider what I've been doing... Usually I find I'm fitting into the description of insanity as described in the immortal words of Vaas:

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same 'bleep' thing... over and over again expecting... 'bleep' to change... That. Is. Crazy."

So, I figure it's a good time to take a break when I get to this point... more often than not I can come back the next day and blitz that part first go, haha.

There are a ton of games that make me angry, but I never react violently, and I do my best to not swear in life. However the last part of Killzone 2 on Elite difficulty............................................that was rage inducing

I'm with you on that one too bro, I might get a bit frustrated, but I'd never seriously consider throwing a controller (or something similar). Students don't have enough money to pay for a replacement haha. I also try to live by my ideals and keep the language clean; there's a lot of "strike me pink" and "what in all blazes" going on though haha.