How angry did a game make you...?

Mr_Freaker

I don't get angry by playing a game. They help me relax :pimp:

I wish this was the case for me all the time too :P For some reason I've come to have a love-hate relationship with hard games. Call me masochistic, but somehow I can still enjoy a Super Meat Boy, Demon's Souls or GOW Titan mode (or just any game on high difficulty) despite the pain, haha  :S

It is definitely important to play some relaxing games every now and then though :P Even just some MP with friends can scratch that itch for me  B)

• Like 2

I wish this was the case for me all the time too :P For some reason I've come to have a love-hate relationship with hard games. Call me masochistic, but somehow I can still enjoy a Super Meat Boy, Demon's Souls or GOW Titan mode (or just any game on high difficulty) despite the pain, haha  :S

It is definitely important to play some relaxing games every now and then though :P Even just some MP with friends can scratch that itch for me  B)

Hehe, I used to get a bit angry while playing Killzone Mercenary Online before, damn those people with rocket launchers :shakefist: But right now, I have learned to control my rage xD

I don't get angry by playing a game. They help me relax :pimp:

Obvious by your completion level that you don't even aim to achieve anything else, thus impossible to get furious over anything.

Personally I never lose my temper that much, but I do curse at pretty much every game the longer it takes to do something, and especially if I have to do something again (and again, and again, and again...) because of a glitch or reason beyond myself.

Battlefield 4 caused me to snap the disc in half and FINAL FANTASY X HD caused me to break a DualShock 3 due to the stupid chocobo minigame on the Calm Lands. 

Though this is recent I can't recall another game making me do this:

The 0:00:00 Chocobo race in FFX. It took me 4 hours. Towards the end I was crying in rage.

That was a pain in the arse but it only took me about 30 mins to do it, it's luck based so if you get like 6 balloons on your side at the start it's pretty much easy then but can take a while for things to go your way. I also did it on the PS2 for my brother the day after. The Remiem Temple one is the worst I think.

Way back in the early 90's I was playing Dick Tracy on the Mega Drive and one of these missions consisted of getting through without no weapons and just your fists, well this mission was so frustrating that in a fit of rage I throw the controller against the wall.

Remarkably the controller was still intact after a thorough inspection with few noticeable marks and still worked.

• Like 1

World at war on veteran got me pretty angry on 360 years ago, Damn grenades.

I still get mildly annoyed at the stupid horses in red dead redemption, you call them over, and they run straight past you, so in a gunfight you have do a little jog out of cover to your horse...

Battlefield 4. I have finished the whole Campaign on Hard difficulty, TWICE. Yet the Tombstone trophy for finishing the campaign on hard never appeared  :angry:

That's the only trophy I need for the platinum and now I feel so lazy finishing the campaign again for the third time  :(

Hmm, i'm one of those guys who can easily get angered, but i can still control myself to a limit :P

The worst thing i did was, while playing fifa, i was all over this guy, and then he scored a stupid goal and won. Well, i just threw my slippers at the ceiling, and even today, there are around 5-6 slipper marks on the ceiling :P

But i never break my controllers or anything similar, so i'm good haha

Edited by TonyCROGamingHD

I actually haven't played W@W at all yet, I've been meaning to for a while but just never got around to it :P

That part in Black Ops was the only bit I've found difficult or frustrating in any COD game on Veteran (somehow I managed to do Makarov's Safehouse in MW2 first go haha), my general principle is just to go slow and don't expose yourself from cover; unless you have a sick SMG or shogun for a rampage.

ALSO, in terms of furthering the topic, I find that whenever I get a bit annoyed or frustrated with a part in a game, I try to make it a point to stop and consider what I've been doing... Usually I find I'm fitting into the description of insanity as described in the immortal words of Vaas:

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same 'bleep' thing... over and over again expecting... 'bleep' to change... That. Is. Crazy."

So, I figure it's a good time to take a break when I get to this point... more often than not I can come back the next day and blitz that part first go, haha.

I'm with you on that one too bro, I might get a bit frustrated, but I'd never seriously consider throwing a controller (or something similar). Students don't have enough money to pay for a replacement haha. I also try to live by my ideals and keep the language clean; there's a lot of "strike me pink" and "what in all blazes" going on though haha.

I like your strategy. I usually try to push through though. I'd probably do better if I DID take a break lol.

I don't generally get upset about a game being difficult.  Played through the Arkham challenges and most difficult levels of multiple games, die a bunch, no biggie.  Where I lose my shit is when it's just bad controls that make the game way harder than it should be.  I.E. racing in Jak 2/3 and stuff like that where you turn, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't work (this is just the first thing I think of since I played 2 recently and started 3 up again last night).

• Like 1

I remember playing killzone 2 in the hardest mode and i was in the last boss ( Radec ). Seriously wtf...? The most epic part of this was my ps3 turning off just exacly in that moment when radec shoots himself..files got corrupted. My ps3 decided to get the " 3 bips of death" cancer in the worst moment ever. Thats when i created a new account and bought a new ps3 and controler ( i threw it off my window aka 7th floor ).

Edit

Ps : Never played KZ2 again );

Hmm, i'm one of those guys who can easily get angered, but i can still control myself to a limit :P

The worst thing i did was, while playing fifa, i was all over this guy, and then he scored a stupid goal and won. Well, i just threw my slippers at the ceiling, and even today, there are around 5-6 slipper marks on the ceiling :P

But i never break my controllers or anything similar, so i'm good haha

You and me brother.

Edited by BUwUNY

Grand Theft Auto IV's fake difficulty annoyed me incredibly, but I've blocked most of it out, so I can't give any example.  Though I had some serious problems with Arkham: Origins.  By the unteempth time Batman had let himself die because he didn't feel like heeding my button presses, the things I did to my controller caused it to get a restraining order against me.

To be serious, I've freaked out the hell out of my neighbors with my cursing, but to this day I haven't actually broken any console or accessory.  I did punch a hole through a wooden wall once, though.  I can't remember why, but it was definitely out of anger at a game.

The angriest a game ever made me was Dark Cloud 2 for the PS2 because of the awful implementation of that start-up menu.

They put the "New Game" button directly over the "Continue" button,  and since there is only one save file allowed, I deleted my entire game at least 3 separate times by double clicking the "New Game" button as opposed to the "Continue" button.

You could blame it on my own stupidity, but believe me, this is surprisingly easy to do when you are used to hastily loading your saved games as I am used to. It doesn't even give you warning other than one tiny pop-up: it just starts the new game. I love the game besides that, but this is the only time I have ever cried over a game because I wasted 30 hours at least twice only to have everything gone.

Apologies if this topic exists but...

What is the angriest a game ever made you?

I don't exactly remember the game but I think it was Tekken 6

It resulted into throwing my controller to the wall out of anger.

The controller could not be repaired :P

Lol tekken 6 comes to mind it caused me to throw my xbox 360 out the window from second floor of my house funny thing is the console still works to this day and it turned out tekken 6 was a easy game i just hadnt paid attention to how to change the characters gear in order to get more health power and so on so in the end it was easy to 100% the game 

Edited by maur1c1o_X

I think I speak for everyone who had a Gamecube or N64 as a kid - Mario Party with friends or siblings always ended with a fight. ;)

Absolutely. Stopped talking to my friend for a week because she won Mario Party over me once.

I was 10.

Edited by HighOnStardust
  • Like 1

I have gotten extremly frustrated with a few games... whether it be God of War challenges, or Call of Duty hackers... i have been frustrated....

On the other hand my brother has shattered a controller playing Wipeout HD for the PS3... anyone who has played that one knows the frustration of getting blasted at the finish line to lose the game...