How angry did a game make you...?

Mr_Freaker

I never get angry to the point of actually breaking something, but some games really test my patience.

Catherine: Getting that The Golden Child trophy was a nightmare. You can't slip up even a little bit or you have to start the level from scratch. The last level in particular was infuriating, since you could be doing it perfectly (which is insanely hard in itself) but since random stuff can fall from above to kill you with virtually no warning and the boss can change the blocks you're about to step on to death traps also with virtually no warning...

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: This one was more about bad design than actual difficulty. Some of the online trophies are extremely hard to attain, namely Abstergo Employee of the Month, which requires you to get three more people and extreme coordination to attain some of the bonuses, and Download Complete, which is just way too grindy. You can boost this last one, but the servers are just so bad, they would kick you off for times on end for no reason and frequently prevent you from getting all the people you got together through the site on the same session - also for no reason (I think it had something to do with geographic region or something - nevertheless, it was stupid).

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse: Never have I seen a game with such bad grinding. The way it's made in this game is just so incredibly frustrating. It's just RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG. And you couldn't even speed it up in any way: just play the mission as usual and hope the RNG gods are in your favor. Failed? Do it again. Failed again? Do it again. Failed yet again? The game's clearly not in a hurry...

• Like 1

Jak II. After dealing with the Hellcat mission I gave up. Between the wonky controls/camera and the absolute cheapness of it I said no more. Never throw controllers but one of the few games that made me mad enough to quit. Platted Jak III with little problems but Jak II was unnecessarily  hard and cheap. 

NFS MW Playstation Vita, Needle Point race.  So far, 164 failed attempts...only race preventing my platinum.

post-130562-0-86147700-1435059353_thumb.

So...in a rage, you put down your Vita then grabbed a DualShock and smashed it??? Did I get that right? Or was this with the Playstation TV?

I've thrown a few controllers in my day, but thankfully none have broken beyond repair. The worst it ever got was with Tetris DX on Gameboy. I was attempting to reach a score of 1,000,000. I would usually get up to about 950K before my eyes & thumbs would start to spaz out on me. After a few 995-998K scores, I started to stab the screen with a utility blade. I eventually couldn't see the screen anymore so I carved off the protective plastic outer screen. Other than looking rather ugly, it works just fine and the screen is so much clearer when looking at the glass directly, instead of plastic. I have since been able to get a score well over 1,000,000 and I think it's due (in part) to me ripping apart my Gameboy :P

• Like 1

When I was younger (15) my little sister (11) started a new game in NFS:MW and saved over my game, I was almost done, only one guy left to beat on the blacklist.

I made her life hell for at least a week... ! sorry little sis !

But never broke/beat anything ;) 

• Like 1

NHL 15. HUT is enough said I guess. I win faceoffs by 10, shots on goal by 10, attack zone time by 1min and I lose 6 - 1. Unlike Bobrovsky on my opponent's goal, my goalie didn't bother to catch easy shots from blue line. I suck at this game mode, I really do so freaking bad.

I jumped up my sofa a couple of times and probably pissed off my neighbours, I don't know how I managed myself to not throwing my Dualshock 4 for the first time.

Bionic Commando, commando difficulty, two commando biomechs at the same time out in the green

pieces, pieces everywhere... just too much "commando" simultaneously i guess

HELL YEAH!

post-130562-0-86147700-1435059353_thumb.

So...in a rage, you put down your Vita then grabbed a DualShock and smashed it??? Did I get that right? Or was this with the Playstation TV?

I've thrown a few controllers in my day, but thankfully none have broken beyond repair. The worst it ever got was with Tetris DX on Gameboy. I was attempting to reach a score of 1,000,000. I would usually get up to about 950K before my eyes & thumbs would start to spaz out on me. After a few 995-998K scores, I started to stab the screen with a utility blade. I eventually couldn't see the screen anymore so I carved off the protective plastic outer screen. Other than looking rather ugly, it works just fine and the screen is so much clearer when looking at the glass directly, instead of plastic. I have since been able to get a score well over 1,000,000 and I think it's due (in part) to me ripping apart my Gameboy :P

Vita TV yeah, i needed to kill the thing that was making me look bad with that race.  it was the controller not me :D

More recently, Battlefield Hardline..... Sure the game is a heaping pile of shit when looking at the population that plays the game but I actualy enjoyed the multiplayer and single player. I personally think that a new direction from a military shorter was what the franchise needed (or go back to Badcompany, but that would never happen). To get to the point, Visceral adds throphies with the new DLC requiring 10,000 kills with each class online... Pardon me, but why the fuck would anyone get these trophies. I have friends who are maxed level and only have 12,000 total.... Sorry for the rant but this is grimey on the developers part....

God of War Ascension.

Gauntlet of Archimedes on Hard (no auto-save)

It gave me Forrest Whittaker eye... And yes I took it out on L2 button for some reason.

God of War Ascension.

It gave me Forrest Whittaker eye... And yes I took it out on L2 button for some reason.

God of War Ascension.

God of War Ascension.

God of War Ascension.

Also stupid internet that for some reason causes multiplying of every post.

The Evil Within on Akumu Mode and Resident Evil: Revelations 2 on Invisible Mode literally had me screaming and slamming my control against the bed in frustration

This sadly also lead to the break-up of my long-term relationship due to the rage I have in me supposedly :L
Difficult trophies ruined my life :P

NFS MW Playstation Vita, Needle Point race.  So far, 164 failed attempts...only race preventing my platinum.

Which is kind of strange, since I'm pretty bad at racing games (usually succeeding purely via dumb luck) and I found the race to be quite easy.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever had a ragequit like that while gaming, except one time a couple years ago, when I was playing Wii in a community building.

The game I was playing (I can't even remember which game it was now) was infuriating me so I threw the Wii Remote through the ceiling...

Oh, and Guacamelee!'s Tule Tree had me pretty mad for a while...

Edited by MrSwagtwiceover

Which is kind of strange, since I'm pretty bad at racing games (usually succeeding purely via dumb luck) and I found the race to be quite easy.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever had a ragequit like that while gaming, except one time a couple years ago, when I was playing Wii in a community building.

The game I was playing (I can't even remember which game it was now) was infuriating me so I threw the Wii Remote through the ceiling...

Oh, and Guacamelee!'s Tule Tree had me pretty mad for a while...

Guacamelee pissed me off a ton, what a bitch of a game.

I'm stiil trying on that race to this day, terrible.

Edited by Fantetti