How angry did a game make you...?

Mr_Freaker

Onimusha 2

I remember when I was pretty young I just couldn't beat Nobunaga during the last stage. I even restarted the damned game in order to save up more herbs. Then when I got to the last stage yet again, I remember waking up at about 4 in the morning on purpose because I was so frustrated on finishing it and still couldn't beat the bastard. I was so angry that I slammed and jumped on my laggy PS2 controller.

Thank god I had a spare at the time.

Uncharted 2. I was playing online trying to get trophies; my team wasn't doing the objective and the enemy team were all exploiting a glitch so I got frustrated I threw my controller at my book shelf. The controller broke into quite a few pieces and my book shelf has a medium sized chunk missing from one of the shelves.

AC3.  Connor just wouldn't obey my inputs on one particular mission, preferring to go all parkour when he should've been staying on the ground.  It had really tight time restraints, so any deviation from the course the game wanted you to take cost another re-start.  On about my 30th arrempt, I threw the controller at the floor, breaking the casing around the left trigger.

Interesting article here suggests that increased aggression in gamers may be more linked to frustrating mechanics and controls rather than violent content.  More research is needed apparently, but anecdotally, I've only ever been pissed off by games when the controls are confusing or don't work.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26921743

i can attest to this myself. Metal Gear Rising Revegenace difficulty. character would not follow the inputs. before that Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 the trials (2 specifically). i do not remember ever getting THAT mad during PS2 though, i am sure i did once or twice.

NFS Most Wanted with any of the Most Wanted races really. I could gain a rather large lead that my opponent should not be able to make up in time, yet here I see the racer speed up and catch up, sometimes overcoming me. Really nettled me when I would lose because of this. 

• Like 1

This one time I was playing Sonic at 2 in the morning and threw my PS3 remote through the wall, it's kind split in half, most buttons still work though, still haven't fixed the hole in the wall though.

This other time, I was stuck on a level in a Spidey game, and my TV remote was on an angle and it touched my foot slightly so I threw it at the ground and it broke, as the TV was a handmedown, the remote had been through a lot, long story short, it'd been thrown a few times before, and every time I'd been able to fix it, but when it's my TV it can't be fixed, the RV died a few months later anyway.

Then there was this time, not too long after I got my PS3 and gave zero shits about the PS2, where an AFL game pissed me off and I threw the PS2 remote at the ground, the R2 button kind of popped out but the remote still works nearly 5 years later as a constant reminder that I shouldn't let dumb things get me so pissed off.

LittleBigPlanet - I had been working on making a decent lvl for hours, didnt save and the game froze. I threw the controller and it marked the wall. 

Another time, I raged at resulting in me stomping on my controller and snapping the R2 button. It seems to be have been so traumatic for me that I've blocked out the memory of what game I was playing

Edited by black__bunny

When I was a teen, I was playing a crappy game called Destruction Derby 64, which makes this even more ridiculous. Anyway they had time trials to unlock cars in the game. Was at the last time trial to unlock the final car and I kept missing the time by a second or two and sometimes even by 1/10th of a second. After several hours I got so mad I threw my goldeneye gold controller so hard on the carpeted floor, that the thing still broke in half lol. I was able to put it back together but I seriously effed up the d-pad. All over a game that was pretty crappy to begin with lol. 

If a game makes you angry, its not the right one for you.

If many games make you angry, you really should think about your buying behavior. Try something new for you, or stop playing multiplayer.

If nearly every game makes you angry, buddy, you should change your hobby, because gaming is nothing for you.

^_^

NFS Most Wanted with any of the Most Wanted races really. I could gain a rather large lead that my opponent should not be able to make up in time, yet here I see the racer speed up and catch up, sometimes overcoming me. Really nettled me when I would lose because of this. 

You have probably seen me mention that needle point race.  Do you remember your experience with that one?

I was really unamused at this point :rolleyes:

Luckily for my controllers, I was playing on my Vita, so no damage done besides closing out of the game unproperly :facepalm:

Playing on the vita has save me so many times.  I'm so delicate with it, im sure if it ever dropped it would shatter like a drink glass into pieces.

Oh, I don't know - Aabs Animals was pretty damn tough for me. I smashed my Vita screen because those animals are just so... NO

Soul calibur 2 once made me so angry that I broke a ps3 pad

That game's not even hard, in the slightest

The hell, lmao

Edited by Aela
  • Like 2

Well let me put it nice and simple

NINJA GAIDEN 2(XBOX 360) and  sigma 2 (PS3 version) version on master ninja difficulty. I loved the game. If I didn't let my controller go on time I would have literally broke it in two. But I did beat the game on master difficulty but on a different account .... :facepalm:

Shadow Hearts.

That DAMN shutter door in London (aka the only reason that keeps me from replaying this game). 

I've badly jammed my controller's "X" button trying to lift it - the rubber pad got torn because of button mashing.

Eventually I've finally opened it, so I know that it's doable, but I sure don't want to do it again.