Are the gems limited? Does buying the dlc make platinuming this game easier?

CosmoConstant

As said above, the dlc does not affect the main game in any way, its merely a fan service consisting of a new outfit (one for each dlc). 
The gems are unlimited aswell and the trophy itself is cumulative, so you dont have to have 40k on you at one go.
Completing every other trophies should leave your counter at aprox 30-31k (give or take a few).

• Like 1

I don't think that is correct.  The gem's don't spawn indefinitely.  When I played through, there were entire regions which I cleaned out of gems, and they didn't respawn.

However, once you get about halfway through the story, a lot more are "revealed", which you couldn't see earlier.  These ones rewarded you with more gems when you found them.

I haven't tried the DLC, so can't comment on that.

Definitely getting as many challenges done as early as possible is crucial to leveling up.  One thing I didn't realise until late in the game, (and which caused me a lot of frustration) is that you can make a sharp turn whilst using Gravity Slide by lifting one thumb off the screen whilst you turn.  Once I found this out the race challenges were sooooooo much easier.  Remember this trick if you're having trouble with the races which use the Gravity Slide.

If you leave the area after collecting the gems, then return, they will have respawned. Either way theres well over 40k gems, which is all thats needed.

• Like 2

You don't even need to worry about the gems really, just play through the game normally if you see an area with them collect it either way you get enough for the trophy by simply completing the game and defeating all the legendary nevy, they give you a ton each.

• Like 1

Defeat the Rare Nevi's and gold metal the challenges. Between the gems spawning every time you do a challenge and the amount you get for Gold metal the challenges and defeating the Nevi's, you'll get a ton. Plus, you need to do those to Plat the game anyway. I just got my Platinum about a week ago because I put off doing the challenges. Once I really focused on them (and watched some videos) they weren't nearly as hard as I remember the first time I gave up on them.

Edit: I gotta do a better job proofreading my posts!

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

Gems found out in the open world do not respawn. Between the rewards for scoring medals in the challenges, beating the rare Nevis, and finding gems in the world, there's more than enough gems to get the trophy. You just have to look around everywhere to find them. Good places are underneath the city. The entire city is built on platforms and there's a virtual goldmine of gems floating on the underside of them and also on the train tracks that connect the districts. I won't spoil the story, but there's a sequence later in the game where you're in a long free fall, you'll pick up a decent amount that way. Also, at certain points in the story you'll find more gems appearing in areas that you played through earlier, but they aren't respawning; indeed, if you didn't collect the gems there earlier in the story, you'll find that there's just a larger amount of gems there than there were earlier.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You don't even need to worry about the gems really, just play through the game normally if you see an area with them collect it either way you get enough for the trophy by simply completing the game and defeating all the legendary nevy, they give you a ton each.

You are very pretty :)

• Confused 1