This game functions pretty well as a pseudo idle game

GunfighterHefty

In case this is of interest to anyone, the game comes with a great 'auto-battle' feature which is usable in nearly every mode available. 

I put a significant chunk of time in close to release and enjoyed the matching mechanics for what they are. However, to get some level 50 gear (without paying) its absolutely a huge grind. 

I've now found a comfortable groove of using the autoplay system and have been enjoying leveling up my alts and farming with this method. 

It definitely needs more attention to select new matches, etc, than some other idle games but it would be a great game to run consistently and simultaneously if you're able to play/hunt on another system. 

Edited by GunfighterHefty
Words

On 31/07/2023 at 7:36 PM, GunfighterHefty said:

I've now found a comfortable groove of using the autoplay system and have been enjoying leveling up my alts and farming with this method. 

+1, and this is a really good tip for people stuck on leveling their gear.

This game's progression is strongly geared towards playing more than one character. If you've completed the campaign and got level 50, but are stuck with Level 25 items, and no upgrade materials (and they refuse to drop out of chests) - go ahead and create a new class character. You can still use the gear you've collected before, but will be getting new in-game achievements, getting all the currencies and materials along the way.

This way you can also collect more follower crystals from their side-quests. Right now I'm in the middle of a campaign on my second character, and it has really unstuck the progress on my main character. 

There's also a rework to the gear/upgrade system incoming sometime soon, according to the roadmap on game's forums - perhaps it will make getting Level 50 gear easier ☺️ Good luck!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 0:53 PM, GumiDeLaGumi said:

+1, and this is a really good tip for people stuck on leveling their gear.

This game's progression is strongly geared towards playing more than one character. If you've completed the campaign and got level 50, but are stuck with Level 25 items, and no upgrade materials (and they refuse to drop out of chests) - go ahead and create a new class character. You can still use the gear you've collected before, but will be getting new in-game achievements, getting all the currencies and materials along the way.

This way you can also collect more follower crystals from their side-quests. Right now I'm in the middle of a campaign on my second character, and it has really unstuck the progress on my main character. 

There's also a rework to the gear/upgrade system incoming sometime soon, according to the roadmap on game's forums - perhaps it will make getting Level 50 gear easier 263a.png Good luck!

Never thought of using an alt to get more follower crystals!  That's a great idea!  I find that the auto-battle AI is absolutely terrible, but I guess if you only use it on stuff you're overpowered for, it shouldn't be too bad. I was looking at the future items I'll need for leveling up one of my gear items to 50 and it honestly doesn't seem too bad.  Leveling up all my gear on the other hand....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, please, I need some assistance here to understand a few things. 

Been playing the game for over 160h by now and it's been pretty harsh and dreadful grinding to level up any armors / gears over the lvl 45.

I'm stuck with 91% of trophies, everything as doing legit so far without paying anything. 

I have one (Paladin) character at lvl 50 and gear with a maximum lvl 45. Resources for these upgrades do not unlock up anymore by any means (either from rewards from challenges, secondary missions or chests).  Glyphs and needed Relics simply do not come around anymore.

Followers are really stuck as well. Aveline, for example, is at lvl 35 and the requirement for her next leveling is absurd (more 9 moon shaped crystals, out of 10, I have only one here and nothing else shows up). She's the follower with the highest leveled up stats.  

Then, following some of your tips above, I started another campaign right now with another character from another class (Assassin). Hopefully this will help somehow, but I just don't understand how it would be different from the previous character. 

My real question here is: for the ones who already platinumed the game, was it legit or paying for materials was a must to get it going?

14 hours ago, DION3TO said:

Been playing the game for over 160h by now and it's been pretty harsh and dreadful grinding to level up any armors / gears over the lvl 45.

I'm stuck with 91% of trophies, everything as doing legit so far without paying anything. 

I have one (Paladin) character at lvl 50 and gear with a maximum lvl 45. Resources for these upgrades do not unlock up anymore by any means (either from rewards from challenges, secondary missions or chests).  Glyphs and needed Relics simply do not come around anymore.

Followers are really stuck as well. Aveline, for example, is at lvl 35 and the requirement for her next leveling is absurd (more 9 moon shaped crystals, out of 10, I have only one here and nothing else shows up). She's the follower with the highest leveled up stats.  

Then, following some of your tips above, I started another campaign right now with another character from another class (Assassin). Hopefully this will help somehow, but I just don't understand how it would be different from the previous character. 

My real question here is: for the ones who already platinumed the game, was it legit or paying for materials was a must to get it going?

Leveling another character helps a lot. Your follower levels are carried between characters and you can redo side quests to get more upgrade gems. Once you get Evelyn to 45 you can trade 2 relics for 1 specific one. I haven't personally had much issue with the relics but getting the amount of glyphs needed seems like it will be annoying. If you can upgrade the follower that upgrades your gold capacity keep 30000 gold on hand and you can buy a glyph from the shop sometimes. Also try to keep around 2000 gems for when the glyph type you need appears. I'm still working on it myself but definitely pick one piece of equipment to upgrade. Trying to max everything will drain your resources way too fast.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MACHONACHO44556 said:

Leveling another character helps a lot. Your follower levels are carried between characters and you can redo side quests to get more upgrade gems. Once you get Evelyn to 45 you can trade 2 relics for 1 specific one. I haven't personally had much issue with the relics but getting the amount of glyphs needed seems like it will be annoying. If you can upgrade the follower that upgrades your gold capacity keep 30000 gold on hand and you can buy a glyph from the shop sometimes. Also try to keep around 2000 gems for when the glyph type you need appears. I'm still working on it myself but definitely pick one piece of equipment to upgrade. Trying to max everything will drain your resources way too fast.

Hey, thank you for answering and some guidance. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 8:35 AM, DION3TO said:

Hey, for followers, doing new playthroughs of the campaign with new characters will give you access to the follower quests again, so that's your best bet for their currency. 

In terms of relics...I havent had any drop ever. But I did buy the season pass for the Necromancer season and was able to get 4 relics from that with the season currency. However, I used my glyphs to upgrade other items...I didn't realize at the time that each level from 45 to 50 requires an escalating amount of glyphs. So I'm still waiting to even get my necklace to 45 due to missing the mythic runes as well. For whatever reason the game won't give me red ones. So I'm waiting on 2 of those to drop and then will have to wait out all the accessory glyphs to accumulate as well. 

My advice for this, outside of luck, is to buy your weekly glyph for 30k gold. Do your max amount of available pvp battles each day. There are glyphs available with the honor currency. Upgrading your Gong follower increases your max pvp battles per day. 

Check your kingdom bazaar as well each day. 

To my knowledge, those are your available sources to collect glyphs. 

For relics, if you don't want to pay...you can try to keep farming a specific dungeon for the set piece you're looking to max. 

I think this was definitely the pay wall they installed is maxing gear. 

Edited by GunfighterHefty
Clarity
  • Like 3