Why do people hate this game?

DyrekRacc

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

The server overhaul patch a few weeks ago, gutted the game and broke the Plat in the process, plus many agree this game should have been on Plus either at or soon after launch, not 3 years later when all support is about to be dropped.

Yup, its like releasing a call of duty game from 2017 but the multiplayer doesn't work. 

Not a call of duty fan, but I'd be annoyed as hell if I was. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

People will complain about ps+ games whatever the game is.

If it is indie masterpiece they will complain it's not some AAA

When we got uncharted 4 they complained everyone has that already. 

When it's some day 1 game they complain it's not they genre.

Realistically if there is 1 game that you would play that's good month.

People want to have 3, 10/10's that they have on wish list.

There's a big difference though this month. The answer has already been given. This is a trophy website and the platinum is unobtainable, it's not a surprise people are complaining. And rightfully so. 

• Like 4

I’m glad this has come to PS Plus. I’ve always been intrigued by it, but not enough to buy it even when it got to quite cheap. Ultimately I think it’s an ingenious creation, given players powerful tools and abilities unlike anything else which is stunning to look at. But at the same time I feel like I’m playing knock off games when I could play a decent racer/golf/other genre game specifically designed for that genre. It’s a weird one. So I’ve appreciated this chance to have a dabble and see what it’s like. 

• Like 3

On 01/08/2023 at 9:11 PM, Profeelgood said:

It's because the platinum is unobtainable and something about servers or something being shutdown.

Not 100% about the specific details but I think coming up in September you won't be able to upload levels anymore or something like that. 

Which, why give a game out for free on the essentials list if it's not gonna be fully functional like it has been? 

It'd have come off better if it was added to the extras catalogue as opposed to the 3 monthly free games. 

Seems like this action is the swan's last song. :) Considering this game was developed by the makers of LBP series those prize bubbles will be glitched as usual. Does anyone know if they included the DLC?

On 02/08/2023 at 6:33 AM, Captain_Fruits said:

I was curious about this game and I've heard plenty of things about the online going down and what not. 

I've decided to look it up because there is an awful lot of misinformation going around.

The game is NOT shutting down, some of the features will be removed but most functions will still operate.

Get the correct info here : https://docs.indreams.me/en-US/whats-happening/news/dreams-support-update

PS : Some trophy requirements will be changed to reflect the future updates.

Thanks man! I really respect you've put time into this.

6 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

It's because a lot of so called hunters on here don't like to work for trophies. I love dreams and lbp

give me a quick way to level 30 then without some laptop/afk method?

i JUST hit level 20 and I've put well over 45hrs into the game playing, creating stupid crap etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

give me a quick way to level 30 then without some laptop/afk method?

i JUST hit level 20 and I've put well over 45hrs into the game playing, creating stupid crap etc.

Agreed. Like @RedDevil757 I freaking loved LittleBigPlanet (my #1 favourite gaming IP growing up mostly with a “fat” PS3) however I don’t agree with forcing everybody who isn’t into the games as much as I was to spend 24 active create mode hours, play through and/or rate 100+ community/UGC levels, build an epic level to publish that can attract 50 unique players, dive into 25 other pods and convince the random host to play a level… I could go on.

In short, Media Molecule game’s trophy lists are known for having several trophies demanding unnecessarily huge grinds or ask players to repeat a certain action too many times over (except for Tearaway and Tearaway Unfolded, however I should mention that the “misplaced gopher” challenges in the latter are no fun and the trophy tied to dispatching all the scraps in both versions of the game are somewhat glitchy). 

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dry said:

Agreed. Like @RedDevil757 I freaking loved LittleBigPlanet (my #1 favourite gaming IP growing up mostly with a “fat” PS3) however I don’t agree with forcing everybody who isn’t into the games as much as I was to spend 24 active create mode hours, play through and/or rate 100+ community/UGC levels, build an epic level to publish that can attract 50 unique players, dive into 25 other pods and convince the random host to play a level… I could go on.

In short, Media Molecule game’s trophy lists are known for having several trophies demanding unnecessarily huge grinds or ask players to repeat a certain action too many times over (except for Tearaway and Tearaway Unfolded, however I should mention that the “misplaced gopher” challenges in the latter are no fun and the trophy tied to dispatching all the scraps in both versions of the game are somewhat glitchy). 

exactly. So like i was on phone wit my mom and normally it's 1hr or 2. so i just left the game painting. gained almost a level. Then decided to play something and found a template for a top down action rpg (diablo like but WAY simpler obviously). Now, if i could find things like this, id enjoy playing etc I'd probably just play stuff for 2-3 hours a day until done. But i have a hard time finding things. I did some cat game and the Tren for a bit but eh. I need something not made by media molecule team.

Any suggestions?

Its gonna sound a little fanboy, but if you didnt like the regular plus games, there is the another plus catalogue, pay the difference and problem solved, people being mad in the past was justified because there werent many other choices if a month was slow, it was take it or leave it, but now there are other ways to access more games, yeah, you need to pay, but lets not forget most kind of "free" monthly services are a bet of what games will come next.

On topic, the game looks interesting, it looks like LBP with that extra for specific creation

2 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Why play what is essentially software for making your own games when you've zero interest in making one? It makes no sense to me. Go play something you will like and get trophies on that. Gaming should be fun

eh cause i can run it in the background. there are some fun creations from people too but its not enough. if you have any recommendations let me know. all the games in dreams are short

My reasoning for not liking Dreams is because they changed a bunch of the way creator content worked compared to LBP.

I used to play so many hours of LBP 2, I had over 650 hearts as a user and my levels were played almost 100,000 times total (my top level had around 12,000 plays before servers went down). I used to make tons of music levels and the community just seemed to enjoy it all!

When I played Dreams about a year or so ago, they changed the music process from LBP and made it a lot harder and more frustrating to make things.

Not to mention that the creating aspect in general is just very overwhelming and doesn't explain some things well enough. Like if the object you're making is a Scene, or Element, or whatever else they had, or how to combine things into newer creations, etc. I found the navigation to be really annoying at times and that also took my enjoyment away.

LBP was just a much better game for creating things imo. Dreams tried to be too many things and didn't really succeed in a lot of them.

• Like 2