If you smellllllllllllll.... Its gone rotten.

AlteredFormula

Yep, you heard it here first, The Rock is a terrible cook.

Well I decided to pick up the latest WWE recently, mainly because I enjoyed the early Smackdown games.

Not being big on reviews, the only thing I really cared about was that they had reverted to the old control system. which seems to be a big turn on to most, as well as loading times being reduced.

Thats the good news...

Ok, I'll list the bad.

Terrible collision detection

Ropey AI,

Cheap AI that works on reversals non stop.

Terrible online - (there is even an apology on screen following the latest patch)

For me personally, the worst part of the game is the main story mode. Dont get me wrong, its your typical WWE soap story, and by far the strongest storymode in the game for years.

The problem is, pretty much every match has to be finished in a certain way. Lets say you have a 3 on 3 tag match. its written into the game, that you defeat 2 with just one, so until you have, you cannot tag. thats right, a tag match, where you cant tag. however the computer player can tag as much as he wants.

A submission match that will let you finish it with one type of submission. I probably wouldnt mind so much if these were dotted throughout the game to expand the "story" but it is every match, so you never get into comfortable style of play.

Honestly, after 3 day's I'd had enough, its been returned. If you are thinking about picking it up, I'd honestly say dont bother. even if you are the biggest WWE fan, I'd find it difficult to even recommend to rent. :(

• 2 months later...

Well I just recently played this one and as a fan of WWE and having played the THQ games since Smackdown 2 on the PS1 I thought i'd add a few comments :P

While I kinda agree that the Road To Wrestlemania mode wasn't as good this year as has been in the past, I guess they decided to concentrate more on the story of that mode than the actual matches themselves because of the having to do a certain thing in the match rather than just win it. It did become a bit repetitive too as you were constantly in back stage brawls, which would have been fine if it was only a couple of times but it seemed to be every third match :( . Having said that though, I did enjoy the actual story as it felt like an actual real WWE storyline which got better as the game progressed.

Playing the game was, for me, pretty much similar as previous games. The control system has been changed again from the previous year and took a bit of getting used to at first, but became second nature after not too long.

Didn't really play online though, except for the trophy requirement :P , so I can't really comment on that side of things.

So while this isn't really a review, all I can say is I personally enjoyed playing it as I have done previous WWE games. Which is all I can ask for really :D

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Even though I'm pretty late posting this, I've figured I might as well do. When I got this, it was one of my first games for the PS3. I decided to get it after I got hooked on the Wii version of SvR '11. I was better than what I hoped for. Its graphics were good, its creation mode was good, and the AI was hard. I played this game for two months untill I finally gave it up. All and all, I thouroghly enjoyed it.