TREN update is amazing / No trophies?

bosstristan

I love TREN, seriously I think it's brilliant. I wish they'd add more updates like these.

Trophy wise, how come it doesn't come with any trophies? A bat Tale was way shorter and had 3 trophies I believe, why doesn't TREN come with any? The game has a lot to offer with a lot of levels and some in game challenges, what a weird call not to include trophies.

Anyway, I'm still going to 100% TREN, it's so much fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

They probably decided it wasn't worth the expense of adding them, since all support is being dropped next month.

Wait, what? Dreams is no longer going to be updated?

I mean, trophies are also here to get people to play your content so it would have made sense for them to be included.

14 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Correct. Once September 1st rolls round, the devs are moving onto other things and dropping all support for this game, beyond the bare minimum needed to keep the servers going: https://docs.indreams.me/en/whats-happening/news/dreams-support-update

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I mean, trophies are also here to get people to play your content so it would have made sense for them to be included.

Many PS+ essential titles serve as promotional products for upcoming DLCs, titles or sequels. MediaMolecule announcing they are working on an other project is an indicative that this might be the case. The TREN update might just be part of the marketing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just got to second this. Have been playing through the game and made it to the credits today. Not made 100% yet but got all the other achievements and secret levels. Honestly one of the best games I’ve played for a long time. Exceptional design, good challenge, and most importantly great fun. Would happily have paid good money for it as a standalone game.

Such a shame that support is being dropped, and I see in the news that 20% of MM staff have been laid off. Pretty depressing but hopefully they will strike gold with whatever they are working on next.