Allenbird's Quest for Every Platinum

allenbird

how many hours of gaming you do per day?!

Counting weekends, I get an average of 6.3 hours a day. Of course that is an average. I get less time during the week and a lot more on the weekends. According to the Statistics page on my profile, I get the majority of my trophies on Saturday and Sunday and between the hours of 5 and 11, which makes sense since I get off work at 4:30 and normally got to bed around 10:30-11:00.

On the flip side, I have never earned any trophies between 3 am and 5 am, which out of the 6 years I have been earning trophies is pretty remarkable that I have never earned a trophy during that time.

Edited by allenbird

I just added my latest platinum: Farming Simulator on the VITA.

It was a mindless grinding game. Fun for the fact that you harvest crops, and use farm equipment. No so much fun for the fact that in order to get the platinum, you need to mindlessly harvest and sow crops over and over and over again and sell them at a decent price. It can be a little intimidating for some if you get bored easily.

It is #68 on my list of 216 platinums.

• 3 weeks later...

I just added Assassin's Creed Liberation. It is a pretty fun game. I love assassin's creed games anyways, and this one didn't disappoint. So far in what I have played they have taken me through early era Israel to Inquisition Italy, to the American revolution and now with Liberation you play through slave times in New Orleans. Same gameplay as the rest and collection trophies. The story was really good though and I enjoyed all the different elements.

It is #7 on my list of 217 platinums.

I just added Assassin's Creed Liberation. It is a pretty fun game. I love assassin's creed games anyways, and this one didn't disappoint. So far in what I have played they have taken me through early era Israel to Inquisition Italy, to the American revolution and now with Liberation you play through slave times in New Orleans. Same gameplay as the rest and collection trophies. The story was really good though and I enjoyed all the different elements.

It is #7 on my list of 217 platinums.

Congrats on your latest platinum.

I couldn't get into the Assassin's Creed games.

AC3 was boring as hell.

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated my profile with several new platinum trophies.

Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 2, skylanders Giants, and Prince of Persia: the sands of time. These 3 were all pretty easy to acquire so not much to say unless you are specific fans of each genre. They are all entertaining in their own way and have their own challenges.

220 platinums and counting

• Like 1

Counting weekends, I get an average of 6.3 hours a day. Of course that is an average. I get less time during the week and a lot more on the weekends. According to the Statistics page on my profile, I get the majority of my trophies on Saturday and Sunday and between the hours of 5 and 11, which makes sense since I get off work at 4:30 and normally got to bed around 10:30-11:00.

On the flip side, I have never earned any trophies between 3 am and 5 am, which out of the 6 years I have been earning trophies is pretty remarkable that I have never earned a trophy during that time.

I don't pay attention to the statistics. It says I haven't got any trophies between 3 AM to 6 AM. I know for a fact I have and the 5 AM hour is the only hour I never have got a trophy. I have several trophies after 3 AM and my plat for Spec Ops the Line I got at 4:11 AM.

So don't put a lot of stock into the hourly statistic chart. Maybe it isn't based on our time zone.

I don't pay attention to the statistics. It says I haven't got any trophies between 3 AM to 6 AM. I know for a fact I have and the 5 AM hour is the only hour I never have got a trophy. I have several trophies after 3 AM and my plat for Spec Ops the Line I got at 4:11 AM.

So don't put a lot of stock into the hourly statistic chart. Maybe it isn't based on our time zone.

You may be right. I can't think of when I have played at that time regardless.

You may be right. I can't think of when I have played at that time regardless.

Maybe you haven't .

Yeah I suppose 220 is quite a bit. Seems I have been playing forever though, so thankfully there is something that reminds me what I have played.

I like having a record of what I have played also. Remembering getting specific trophies and plats. Keep up the good work allenbird.

• 2 weeks later...

I just added 2 more platinums to my list.

Jak and Daxter: The precursor legacy. This was actually a pretty fun game. It has open world elements as well as some platforming and collection. Overall I would have to give the game an A+ for story and gameplay. It is #100.

The Hungry Horde. Talk about addictive games. This game, once you start playing it, it is hard to put it down. I mean, you are a zombie "recruiting" other zombies. I did enjoy some of the mini games like Infection and Zombat. Overall I would have to give this game and A+ as well for just shear addictiveness. It is #194.

Now at #224 platinums and getting close to 12,000 trophies. I will be planning for that milestone.

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated my profile with 4 new plats that i got for competition the past couple weeks over Christmas break. Nothing special really, just a few easier games that were fun and entertaining for the time I played them including The Wolf Among Us which had a really neat storyline. I have listed 229 platinums.

I am currently grinding the final challenge missions of Clash of the Titans for S rank so that the platinum will be my 230th platinum, and 12,000 trophy. In my current progress I feel that will be accomplished in the next couple days. Hopefully I will be starting something new by the weekend.

• Like 1

I just updated my profile with 4 new plats that i got for competition the past couple weeks over Christmas break. Nothing special really, just a few easier games that were fun and entertaining for the time I played them including The Wolf Among Us which had a really neat storyline. I have listed 229 platinums.

I am currently grinding the final challenge missions of Clash of the Titans for S rank so that the platinum will be my 230th platinum, and 12,000 trophy. In my current progress I feel that will be accomplished in the next couple days. Hopefully I will be starting something new by the weekend.

awesome job :). Any plans for 250 (or don't think that far ahead)

hmm 20 platinums ahead? That is a good question. I have not given it much though as of yet, though I suppose I want to make it one of those games from my backlog that have taken me forever to finish. Maybe I will do something special and finally finish Warhawk. I think that would complete my "games of 2008" section.

hmm 20 platinums ahead? That is a good question. I have not given it much though as of yet, though I suppose I want to make it one of those games from my backlog that have taken me forever to finish. Maybe I will do something special and finally finish Warhawk. I think that would complete my "games of 2008" section.

I did Star Hawk for 150, so Warhawk for 250 sounds reasonable :D. Good luck with that.

Thank you Dr. Mayus.

I just got my 12,000 trophy in the platinum for Clash of the Titans. Tough long grind in that game. It took my 3 1/2 years to get the platinum while taking breaks and coming back to it. I also got the platinum for Men in Black. Stupid easy game with a frustrating end boss. The platinum took no thought though so it was a nice break game. Now playing the new Sherlock Holmes, Crime and Punishment.

• Like 1

I just added Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments to my list.

It is #170 on the checklist.

Fun game if you like mystery and crime solving. I like how you gather evidence and form deductions and can either absolve people or condemn them. I really liked this game.

• Like 1