Allenbird's Quest for Every Platinum

allenbird

So Allen, I'd love to see you plat and 100% the following titles that you've played.

• Disgaea 3
  • Devil May Cry HD
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Bayonetta
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Vanquish
  • Warhawk

All difficult titles certainly, but you have beaten and platted some tough games already. I'm confident you can beat these games as well.

All of those are certainly games that I plan of finishing. The most recent of those has been Devil May Cry HD, which I am on my "dante must die" mode playthrough. Disgaea 3 will be a grind, but playing it's alternate on the Vita has helped me a lot in learning the game. Arkham City, all I need are the challenges and Mirror's Edge I messed up back in the day so that will require 2 more playthroughs for me to finish it. Vanquish is a fun game though I haven't tried any of the dreaded challenges yet. Warhawk is more of a cross between SOCOM, Battlefield Bad Company and HAWX. Like all rolled into one game. All that takes is getting kills with certain weapons and I need to do that one first before the rest just because it is so old.

Thanks for looking through my list and picking out stuff for me though. It definitely gives me motivation to complete my back log

Edited by allenbird

All of those are certainly games that I plan of finishing. The most recent of those has been Devil May Cry HD, which I am on my "dante must die" mode playthrough. Disgaea 3 will be a grind, but playing it's alternate on the Vita has helped me a lot in learning the game. Arkham City, all I need are the challenges and Mirror's Edge I messed up back in the day so that will require 2 more playthroughs for me to finish it. Vanquish is a fun game though I haven't tried any of the dreaded challenges yet. Warhawk is more of a cross between SOCOM, Battlefield Bad Company and HAWX. Like all rolled into one game. All that takes is getting kills with certain weapons and I need to do that one first before the rest just because it is so old.

Thanks for looking through my list and picking out stuff for me though. It definitely gives me motivation to complete my back log

You're welcome bud. I do hope you get the Warhawk plat, it's a game I've agonized over buying, but never bought because it seems like a tough plat and it has multiplayer I'd have to beat as well. I'd be tempted to buy Warhawk to boost with you, but I'd need a lot more help to plat it as well. Good luck with Vanquish, that's one game I still need to pick up, I'll probably buy a copy, after I replace my current PS3.

As for Mirror's Edge, youtube the speedrun's, just find speedrun videos, pick up tricks from them, practice and you'll plat the game. I advise you to only go for the Test of Faith Trophy on the normal difficulty. On Pro Runner, not worrying about gunning down guards, will take away some of the difficulty. If you have the Mirror's Edge DLC, it makes beating the base game much easier, particularly the Time Trials. 2-3 stars on most of the time trials and you won't even have to beat them all. Though you will need to 3-Star them all if you want a 100% trophy completion, though this game isn't really worth earning a 100%, unless you really want the 100%.

You're welcome bud. I do hope you get the Warhawk plat, it's a game I've agonized over buying, but never bought because it seems like a tough plat and it has multiplayer I'd have to beat as well. I'd be tempted to buy Warhawk to boost with you, but I'd need a lot more help to plat it as well. Good luck with Vanquish, that's one game I still need to pick up, I'll probably buy a copy, after I replace my current PS3.

As for Mirror's Edge, youtube the speedrun's, just find speedrun videos, pick up tricks from them, practice and you'll plat the game. I advise you to only go for the Test of Faith Trophy on the normal difficulty. On Pro Runner, not worrying about gunning down guards, will take away some of the difficulty. If you have the Mirror's Edge DLC, it makes beating the base game much easier, particularly the Time Trials. 2-3 stars on most of the time trials and you won't even have to beat them all. Though you will need to 3-Star them all if you want a 100% trophy completion, though this game isn't really worth earning a 100%, unless you really want the 100%.

Well being that I am up to 90.9% completion percentage, I do try to get the 100% as well, so it is at least a goal. Thanks for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...

wow thanks for coming by dude. I want a PS4!! and my drive for completion won't allow me to do anything until I have at least attempted to finish my backlog.

The good thing about the wait, is that whenever you get the ps4, the amount of amazing games you can play side by side is just xD

Wow! You have a really impressive list!

Congrats, allenbird :)

Hey thanks man. I never thought it would get to this point honestly.

Nice work on Mass Effect 3. An excellent 250th platinum especially given that it's such a good trophy icon ^^. 

Yes!! and ya know in the back of my mind, that is sometimes why I want to plat a game, aside from the obvious reasons, but I do love a cool plat icon.

The good thing about the wait, is that whenever you get the ps4, the amount of amazing games you can play side by side is just xD

Yes, the ones starting to come out now are looking better and better. I went to gamestop the other day and they handed me a list of games coming out the coming year for the PS3 and the PS4. The PS3 list was only half the page where the PS4 list covered the entire page, so I know they are starting to make that transition.

This is an amazing list, I'm sure you can maintain your completion rate as well or get it higher.

I am doing that atm. I mean I am not buying any new games and every game I check off my backlog means higher completion, though i will never have 100%.

Another generic empty checklist how exciting

yes, I am afraid it is quite generic. nothing fancy, just plat images of the games I have completed including the percentage of completion because some games also have DLC and I enjoy completing that as well. But really for me it is about the plat image.

Back probably 4 or 5 years ago when I first started it, I kinda copied the style from a guy who went by the name Manny Calavera. He had his checklist with nothing but the plat images giving a little story about each game, and I liked how he did it. I like seeing the plat image big and in detail because when you get the plat for a game, often times it is small on the screen and you don't get a good look at it.

I also use to have it in order of difficulty and created my own difficulty system based on 8 different factors, but really it just became too much to keep up with imo, so now I just list them all in alphabetical order and let it go with that.

If you like seeing plat images, then I can see the draw, as it is what I like. I also like doing the "series" for games so I try to do the 1, 2 and 3 of all the series I have played, so it is also interesting for me to see the difference in how "series" plats difference from one version to the next. Some series don't even change their plat image.

Anyways, thanks for taking a look regardless. I haven't changed it in a while so I can see what you mean by generic.

Edited by allenbird

I just added Mass Effect 3 to my list. It is #139

1L6fea5d.png

The platinum is my 13,000 trophy overall and my 250th platinum setting my 2nd platinum that is a milestone in 2 different categories.

Woop new plat , Good job Allen !!! Good luck with Mirror's Edge you can do it :)

Your fight night Round 4 is very shiny. Can you tell somethi nh about how you managed to obtain that?

If you're in need of some inspiration have a look here http://ps3trophies.com/forums/trophy-checklists/4059-terminal-phoenix-road-so-far-road-ahead.html

Thanks for the link. I like the pictures on the page and stuff. Makes it look interesting.

Well, if you have played Fight Night Round 4, then you will know that it is a really fun game. The really only tough part is the online bullshit that is the 3 belts you have to obtain for each trophy. You just have to know the right people because the people who have the belts don't even play others for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just added Falling Skies to my list.

It is an X-Com hybrid type game. I enjoyed it because I did watch the TV show. So I already knew about the characters and themes. It wouldn't probably be anyone's favorite game though.

It is #73

1L54f7c0.png

• Like 1

Just added Falling Skies to my list.

It is an X-Com hybrid type game. I enjoyed it because I did watch the TV show. So I already knew about the characters and themes. It wouldn't probably be anyone's favorite game though.

It is #73

1L54f7c0.png

Woop new plat , Good job Allen !!!  Congrats :)

Congrats on your new plat Allenbird.

You just keep right on rolling along.

Well at this point it is more akin to a slow and steady crawl hehe. The next plat will probably take a week, maybe less if I am lucky.

Huge checklist, massive congrats man :)

thanks dude, I appreciate you coming by to check them out.

I think sometimes it is so big that it is hard for people to laod it. If anyone has issues like that, let me know. I'll change it in some way to make it easier.