Which game will beat GTA5's record?

Mickzilla10

Well Call of Duty is on decline, Uncharted is not even an option since its an exclusive (and any other exclusives really), Tifanfall 2 maybe has a somewhat of a shoot but I think it will sell mw2 numbers. So ya GTA 6 everyone just love running over people without consequences. 

I don't see anything coming close, except GTA 6. Exclusives like Uncharted can't compete because they're only on one console. Elder Scrolls and Fallout have big fanbases, but nowhere near GTA. Call of Duty seems to be dropping a little. Half Life 3 will never be made.

• Like 1

GTA 6 is the one coming to my mind as well.

And to be honest, I don't think any other game will beat it. 

Take notice that it came to consoles ONLY so far, therefore people HAD to buy it, in order to play.

The sales would have been significantly lower, if they released it on PC, do believe me there.

That being said, I think no game will beat this record for a long time, as GTA V came out for many different platforms at once, excluding the one where piract is the biggest.

I do hold some hopes for another TES installment or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt thou :)

I want to say Final Fantasy XV(Versus 13) 

1. We have waited for this game since maybe around 05 when they released Kingdom Hearts 2. I still even have the 05 magazine showing Noctis with his blade stance on the stairs.

2. By just looking at the game, it looks amazing IMO. You can even show a person who has never seen/heard of a Final Fantasy game, and they would for sure want to play this title.

I'm not gonna say "Oh this game for sure is going to blow record sales", But what I will say is "it will make big sales, and if it somehow is reported that it did break them, then I'll be quite happy"

Although I kinda doubt it will since in order for it to break the GTA5 sales (which was heavily elevated by the fact that we all have ps3s), it would need to be also available for the current gen consoles(Ps3/360); which it won't on a count that it's a next gen exclusive.

That means only a few who have bought the ps4/xbox 1 will be able to get it. A lot of us ps3 users are going next gen in maybe 2 years(since there are still a lot of us who have a shelve full of unplayed ps3 titles).

Edited by DarknessKey92

I think really what it comes down to is how big the fan base for that particular game or type of game is.

With something like GTAV, even pretty much all of my non-gamer uni friends know about it, talk about it or have it. Games like COD or Battlefield, people might know about, but not admit to playing unless they're a 'gamer'.

Unfortunately, the FO4's, Elder Scroll's, etc. are just generally not accepted as being 'universally acceptable' like GTA is; despite its extreme violence and otherwise unsavoury behaviour. Furthermore, not everyone has the time to play RPGs like this (or wants to admit that they do, haha).

And then there's the Uncharteds and the Halos of the world. While extremely popular, they are obviously restricted by their presence on only one gaming platform, and are therefore highly unlikely to sell even close to this amount.

Then there's the Watch Dogs/Destiny's, etc. which look fantastic, sure, but they are new IPs and hardly ever reach the level that a respected sequel will ever make. Not to say it's not possible, just unlikely

On the other hand, because there is now the 'generation gap', purely Next-Gen (or current gen) games like Infamous:SS are obviously not going to sell as well in the near future due to lack of install base. Which leads me to the cross-platform games, which are probably most likely to sell well at this stage.

However, I still believe that it is highly unlikely that a game will sell even close to as well as GTAV in the near future, due to its ubiquitous and basically world-wide acclaim and recognition as a game that 'anyone can play while still being cool' (obviously I'm talking primarily about non-gamers there, and NOT children under 18 haha)

I dont think any game will bc how bad of a game gta v really is. I rated it a 7/10 bc the story was shallow, nothing really to do, character's were half assed, and the online even today is still bad. Gta iv is better in just about every way, and RDR puts this game to shame and a lot of people agreed with me. Bc of just how unRockstar this game is, and it in no way lived up to the hype, if you want to see the highlights of this game, watch the trailers and thats the same as playing this game. Bc of this game, I think people will be more cautious when buying a game with any good amount of hype, and kill off a lot of preorders for whatever game people think could come close.

• Like 1

GTA6 or else if Titanfall becomes a yearly franchise maybe Titanfall 3 could do it (multiplatform of course). GTA has its dedicated fanbase plus it's a game many many casuals buy which is what gave it the record breaking sales. All these new IPs have no chance at the record lol