FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn General Discussion -- PS3 and PS4 versions share a trophy list.

Just figured I'd post this thread since I guarantee the question will be asked numerous times; I know I've been freaking out in the past whilst trying to find out the answer. And we don't exactly have much of a General Discussion thread, so here we go! General spot to chat about the game, new features, and the such!

1625526_10202583193074024_45976647253486

• Like 1

In other news: Holy shit this game is gorgeous on the PS4. Almost reminds me what I've been missing out on by not playing on the PC. xD

That's good, at least I don't have a never to be completed game on my profile then.  Is the free upgrade only going to be available this year? I don't know when I'll get round to it =/

According to the notice, the offer expires in December.

Edited by KitsuneChaos

It says it here (for EU) or here (for NA) as well

"... until the campaign ends." A detail they don't date in the section. However, when agreeing to the terms of service (and when initiating the upgrade), they provide you with a December 2014 deadline to finalize. 

EDIT:

Nevermind; glanced over the very red text detailing:  The upgrade campaign will be offered from April 11, 2014 until December 31, 2014.

Edited by KitsuneChaos

I really want to try this game. Is it good? And how the payment works? If I get I will be getting the ps4 version.

Um not sure if my response works as a munchkin review of the game, even moreso since I've only tried out the PS3 version from CBT Ph3 -> March where I quit.

The game is good in it's own way but it's fairly simple and there is hardly any depth to it. The mechanics are more or less a mix of what was "missing" and what could've been "improved" in other MMO's

all the while trying to use the western MMO setup of more or less "Let's play everyone!" instead of the old JRPG "Git gud"-ness at the same time the game is trying to balance out Casual and Hardcore so eh....

I'm probably more biased than most coming from playing FFXI for 3 years but what really ruined FFXIV:ARR for me was the community seeing how it's a mix of GW, PWI, WoW, LoL communities.

The payment works by Square Enix currency which can be purchased by credit card through the online store or by buying UGC in place of a credit card.

It all depends on your region what they'll accept as payment. By region I don't mean PSNID login point, as in actual region so use of a proxy to pay may be something you'll have to do.

EDIT: Wow that looked harsher than I wanted it to be, the story in my opinion is GREAT and it branches from the original version of the game, continuing onward on it's own and it's full of Final Fantasy series icons, with Lightning already passing through and other things to come. Combat is very action-y / flashy as expected of the western styled MMO button skill GCD.

I'd probably give it an 8/10 that low only being because of the attention it grabbed, can't be helped, but this can be avoided by carefully picking your server or taste testing them.

Also a VERY successful salvage of a broken title, even though I found nothing broken in the original.

Edited by xEPCx
  • Like 1

"... until the campaign ends." A detail they don't date in the section. However, when agreeing to the terms of service (and when initiating the upgrade), they provide you with a December 2014 deadline to finalize. 

EDIT:

Nevermind; glanced over the very red text detailing:  The upgrade campaign will be offered from April 11, 2014 until December 31, 2014.

And what happens if you don't upgrade by then? 

And what happens if you don't upgrade by then? 

Then I suppose you're just SOL and have to buy the PS4 version separately (or have to at least get the registration code by some other means, as the client itself is free to download in the PSN Store).

Not necessarily a bad thing if you still have intent to play on your PS3 throughout.

Um not sure if my response works as a munchkin review of the game, even moreso since I've only tried out the PS3 version from CBT Ph3 -> March where I quit.

The game is good in it's own way but it's fairly simple and there is hardly any depth to it. The mechanics are more or less a mix of what was "missing" and what could've been "improved" in other MMO's

all the while trying to use the western MMO setup of more or less "Let's play everyone!" instead of the old JRPG "Git gud"-ness at the same time the game is trying to balance out Casual and Hardcore so eh....

I'm probably more biased than most coming from playing FFXI for 3 years but what really ruined FFXIV:ARR for me was the community seeing how it's a mix of GW, PWI, WoW, LoL communities.

The payment works by Square Enix currency which can be purchased by credit card through the online store or by buying UGC in place of a credit card.

It all depends on your region what they'll accept as payment. By region I don't mean PSNID login point, as in actual region so use of a proxy to pay may be something you'll have to do.

EDIT: Wow that looked harsher than I wanted it to be, the story in my opinion is GREAT and it branches from the original version of the game, continuing onward on it's own and it's full of Final Fantasy series icons, with Lightning already passing through and other things to come. Combat is very action-y / flashy as expected of the western styled MMO button skill GCD.

I'd probably give it an 8/10 that low only being because of the attention it grabbed, can't be helped, but this can be avoided by carefully picking your server or taste testing them.

Also a VERY successful salvage of a broken title, even though I found nothing broken in the original.

Wow, thanks! I may try the game after all, looks fun

If anyone is thinking of buying it get the disc based version for PS3 as you can pick it up for just over £6 then install it and make an account and play the game for about 10 minutes or so. Then follow the instructions in this link to upgrade to the PS4 version, congrats you have just saved yourself around £20 compared to what I paid for the game. :)

• Like 1

Is this game good ? I want to try but i dont want another incomplete trophy list...

O jogo é bom (pelo menos na minha perspectiva) lol

Nesse caso é melhor não comprares uma vez que existe trofeus bem dificeis ! 

Mas se quiseres diversão e completar quests compra e joga :) 

Edited by Blood-Rose666
  • Like 1

Also I didn't quit off of my minor points on this game. This game is more than self-sufficient to make up for the toxic communities. 

EDIT: I felt I should make this clear otherwise it may have come off as one of those games people need absolutely NO reason to just bail on.

I quit more or less because my connection couldn't keep up with the game seeing how the servers are based in Montreal, for NA/EU, and I'm classed as an Oceanic player.

Would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys games like GW, WoW, PW and such.

That was my view and reason, not a 5  minute impression heh. Anyways I guess I don't belong on this post. Good luck and enjoy the game!

Edited by xEPCx

• 2 weeks later...

I needa get me a PS4 copy... >< how would that work with a PC user anyways? I dont just want to transfer or whatever to PS4, I still want to play my character on PC, haha. PS4 version would be more for me when i need to farm gathering and chill on the couch.

I needa get me a PS4 copy... >< how would that work with a PC user anyways? I dont just want to transfer or whatever to PS4, I still want to play my character on PC, haha. PS4 version would be more for me when i need to farm gathering and chill on the couch.

It would work as you'd expect it too.

Once you have both the PC and PS4 version registered to the same Mogstation account, you'll be able to play on both the PC and PS4, obviously not at the same time, using the same character.