Throphy thoughts for a beginner harverst moon player?

These games are not difficult.  It is basically a time management game where you have day to day chores, want to gather resources, set up a farm with animals and definitely interact with every person you come in contact with.  Your goal is to make profits from your endeavors.  You will do a bit of mining for tablets and resources, get better tools - you get the idea.

I'm playing My Time at Portia which is a similar game, with an approximate 100 hours completion.  These aren't really games that you rush through as certain events happen during the year.  Just play and enjoy.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

These games are not difficult.  It is basically a time management game where you have day to day chores, want to gather resources, set up a farm with animals and definitely interact with every person you come in contact with.  Your goal is to make profits from your endeavors.  You will do a bit of mining for tablets and resources, get better tools - you get the idea.

I'm playing My Time at Portia which is a similar game, with an approximate 100 hours completion.  These aren't really games that you rush through as certain events happen during the year.  Just play and enjoy.

Thank you 😊 i'll enjoy then

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/26/2023 at 4:39 PM, RedDevil757 said:

I love this series. Yet I've zero platinums in it. I really should change that

I definitely second that especially with Story of Season's and their recent list being really chill and relaxing. Only "difficult" part being collectibles and managing your time.

On 8/26/2023 at 6:49 AM, Masterblogame said:

This is the first harvest moon game i go to play, ive read the plat require 50-60hrs, is very complicated for a new player that never played another HM? 

Basically two months late but will throw my two cents in. I grew up with the original Gamecube release and played the girl version "Another Wonderful Life" and the Special Edition that released with the PS2. Although glitchy and dated I have a personal soft spot for this one. Not just for nostalgia but how this one, as a game, was set up in terms of watching your family and child grow with you in age.

But yeah, as long as you have a general idea of what a Harvest Moon or Story of Seasons game is, then you'll have a fun snapshot of where the series was in terms of trying new things to freshen the formula. Trophie wise, easy but may have to pull up guides on schedules on villagers and making sure you get events early as possible.

Edited by Alufeii
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 11:19 AM, Masterblogame said:

This is the first harvest moon game i go to play, ive read the plat require 50-60hrs, is very complicated for a new player that never played another HM? 

They just remade this game not long ago:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/22610-story-of-seasons-a-wonderful-life

I’d play that version if it was me, believe the one your posting about is just a straight port of the ps2 game.

Or you could play story of seasons mineral town which is a remake of mineral town, which I thought was a better game then this personally.

Orrrrr just play stardew valley, which is better then any of them

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_