14 trophies away from breaking on PSNP (EDIT might possibly be fixed before it happens?)

So we should have been keeping watch over Y2K3 all along. Well guys, I trust you have made ready your doomsday shelters full of canned food whose carcinogens will kill you just as surely as any nuclear holocaust or technological infrastructure collapse. Hope to catch some of you you out there building traps for delicious cockroaches sometime when the air levels become safe again. Humanity will survive.

• Like 4

Whoa, this is incredible. Imagine even offering a Premium Subscription for this. And it's not like is a new problem or that it hasn't been reported before, they simply chose to do nothing about it. Well, I guess we got a revamped forum, that's clearly more important than fixing a core functionality.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

to not fully shit on the devs, they probably dont care as much about trophies as trophy hunters so if it does happen, lets hope it doesnt become a friday the 13th issue where people are screaming that theyre braindead and lazy, if it does happen they most likely have the facilities to fix the issue, if not, its not too big of an issue

7 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Just to be clear, this issue has nothing to do with the game developers or with the PSN trophy system as a whole. It's entirely a PSNProfiles issue. Other trophy tracking sites handle more than 255 trophies on a list just fine.

ps4 games can only have 125 trophies on a list. so i'im asking what will happen when they reach 125 trophies on the second list? can they add a third list or is it over?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Doctor_Gunner said:

ps4 games can only have 125 trophies on a list. so i'im asking what will happen when they reach 125 trophies on the second list? can they add a third list or is it over?

Not 125 trophies, 128. Well sure they can, look at train sim world 2 for ps4. It has, as for now, 411 trophies with 4 seperate lists. Here is the list for all train sim world games. https://psnprofiles.com/series/648-train-sim-world

Edited by Laxus-0
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, JeManquedHygiene said:

Just to be clear, this issue has nothing to do with the game developers or with the PSN trophy system as a whole. It's entirely a PSNProfiles issue. Other trophy tracking sites handle more than 255 trophies on a list just fine.

I feel like it's cause there was never really a need to since PS4 limited it 128 & then when PS5 massively increased that limit, most games still weren't reaching the 256 mark until more recently. I agree though, it's a change that needs to be made & hopefully since the forum update is mostly finished, that will be worked on soon I hope. I can't imagine it'd take too long to fix the issue depending on how deeply rooted that limit is into the sites code or API

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, veryrareoriginal said:

Is this still the case? I want to start playing this game again but don't want the "H" on my profile

Yeah, until you see Train Sim World 2 displaying more than 255 trophies, it's still broken. 

And it will put a hidden trophy every time you earn a new trophy past the 255th trophy on the list, once it gets that many trophies. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Yeah, until you see Train Sim World 2 displaying more than 255 trophies, it's still broken. 

And it will put a hidden trophy every time you earn a new trophy past the 255th trophy on the list, once it gets that many trophies. 

I was wanting to possibly start this game soon, so let me ask to clarify: the Hidden “H”/unsynced trophies would only occur if I somehow managed to collect more than 255 trophies in a single game? NOT if I only managed to collect, say, 50 or 75 at maximum?

I’m asking because I find it extremely unlikely that I would be able to achieve even half that amount in an online game like this. So for me anyway, the upcoming limit may be a non-issue, but I wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly?

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Why would they? Train Sim World 2 has over 400 I believe trophies on a single list. It's PSNP that's broken in this example. 

Hmm alright, i'll just do 255 Trophies and stop with DBD 😂

Edited by Arzoden
  • Like 2