No Platinum?

BigPete7978

$40 retail

Ground Zeroes was $30 retail and didn't have a platinum. Just play games you like and worry about platinums later.

A bit off topic, but I find that really expensive for a game like this. I honestly wouldn't pay more than $15 for it. (basing my opinion on past trials games I played)

Maybe the Developers felt they did not need to put in a platinum trophy. Are offering this at retail or digital price?

It is $40 for the retail version which includes the season pass, $20 for the digital version which doesn't include the season pass. 

Parker

In all reality it should just be a $20 PSN game with DLC.

I like the fact that the developers give people the option to buy physical or digital. I buy physical copies as much as I can and I know a lot of people who do the same. 

Parker

• Like 2

I like the fact that the developers give people the option to buy physical or digital. I buy physical copies as much as I can and I know a lot of people who do the same. 

Parker

I prefer physical to, hell Minecraft and inFAMOUS Festival of Blood are my only two digital games. It just doesn't seem like it is worthy of being physical, although I'm not sure why.

I prefer physical to, hell Minecraft and inFAMOUS Festival of Blood are my only two digital games. It just doesn't seem like it is worthy of being physical, although I'm not sure why.

It is kind of strange that this one is being offered in physical form while the previous two games weren't, but I'm not complaining. These games have more content than a lot of full priced, $60 games so I personally think it is worthy of a physical release. I'm happy to be able to just play the game on PlayStation finally, that is more important that anything else to me. 

Parker

It is kind of strange that this one is being offered in physical form while the previous two games weren't, but I'm not complaining. These games have more content than a lot of full priced, $60 games so I personally think it is worthy of a physical release. I'm happy to be able to just play the game on PlayStation finally, that is more important that anything else to me. 

Parker

I wish it was being released on PS3 too. What exactly does the game pack besides linear tracks to race against people on and a track editor?

Parker

My wild guess is the reason they offered a physical version is because Ubisoft is taking on full publishing responsibility. Before, they only published the PC version, although digital only still. With it previously being a XBLA exclusive it could guarantee some sales for the Playstation people that never heard of the game or refuse to buy digital. In turn it kind of eases them into  buying digital and familiarizes them with the store since you have to download the season pass content everytime it releases. Another reason is, how many people that buy the digital version for $20, are also likely to buy the season pass for another $20, when they could just buy another game? When the general consumer sees the game on the shelf for $40 and purchases it, that's a game and season pass sale. Two birds, one buyer. The ratio of digital purchasers that also buy the season pass vs the people that buy it physical would be interesting. 

Im Pretty Sure the only reason it dosn't have a plat is that Sony wont allow short games to get plats but idk if its short but its not the game developers desision wether the game gets a plat or not Sony is the people who chose the trophy lists not the game developers  

• 3 weeks later...

$19 preowned

That's the same as getting the digital version. The reason the physical version is $40 is because it comes with the season pass. Being a used copy, I highly doubt the code was unused.

Edited by skateak

That's the same as getting the digital version. The reason the physical version is $40 is because it comes with the season pass. Being a used copy, I highly doubt the code was unused.

You'd be surprised. I barely get pre-owned games, but I got the Uncharted 3 GOTY pre-owned last year and was surprised to find the online pass code and Terminator Salvation movie code un-used.

• 2 months later...

It is kind of strange that this one is being offered in physical form while the previous two games weren't, but I'm not complaining.

There was a physical triple pack for 360, including Limbo, Splosionman and Trials HD.

Evolution got a physical release too, but only on PC and after Ubisoft took over publishing.

• 2 months later...

As the game gets difficult I would never get close to 100% so the lack of a Platinum does not make me sad. However, if anybody was willing to work hard to achieve that level I feel bad for their kudos because it would be a rare trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...