Overall thoughts of the game?

KarateKiwii

Hey

I'm thinking of buying this game but it has mixed reviews, mostly positive ones. A few of my mates at school have this and they say it's an 'okay' game but it could be better but others say it's amazing and it's a true must have game.

I really can't choose whether to go out and buy this or wait for Watch Dogs and get that instead. I really don't know what to do. If any of you guys have any ideas, I'd greatly like to see them  :yay:

I just plat'd the game and there are some things i loved about the cole game better and some things about this game are better. the Different powers are fresh addition to the series. You cant just recharge your powers at any electrical source like the first games. So you cant rely on quick healing anywhere you like. None of the characters in the game are as annoying as Nix was. So that is a plus.

Each power in the new game has its ups and downs But my main complaint with the game is that most levels felt like tutorials for the new powers you earned thru out the game.

As far as the stuff I didn't like in SS. The enemy types dont change. The first games mixed in new enemy types as you unlocked new areas of the game. SS does not. And the side missions where just collecting all the items in an area to be able to have a small battle with the DUP's (game enemies) to drive them out of an area.

I'm a huge Infamous Fan and I was happy with the game, but I was kinda wanting more from it. I would recommend it if you liked the other games.

• Like 1

If you enjoyed the previous two then you should buy it. Second Son is a great game, yeah it has it's flaws, but which game doesn't? The graphics are amazing, the story is average but I enjoyed it, the setting (Seattle) is gorgeous, the powers are really good too. As well as the combat. There are rather a lot of side quests to do but can get repetitive after a while. Other than that the game is worth picking up, I give it an 8/10. Your decision though.

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed it, although it gets repetive - but it is addicting.

Then again, i find 99% of open world games addicting even if they tend to get repetive fast [inFamous & Watch Dogs]

If you enjoy the inFamous or Saints Row series, get it - if not then maybe wait for a price drop.

Story is okay, nothing like #2.

Don't forget the paper trail missions. This "detective game" adds more details to Augustine and her D.U.P. story doing them. They are kind of hard to accomplish, but i'm glad i did everything by myself. You feel like a real detective doing them. The rewards are 4 new suits to Delsin and a more detailed ending with a comic like cutscene to the game extending Augustine's story.

Edited by Nainphy

• 3 months later...

I liked the touchpad utilization.  The graphics were top notch, but overall I felt like something was missing.  Which is sad and a little disappointing because the game has a lot of potential.  But it seemed like they budgeted like 2% of their goods to the story/character dev.  It was beyond empty and short.  And with the game having a karma scale, wouldn't this be an area to shoot for more depth?   And the side missions were collectables.  so I guess there were none.  And why was the added content/missions optional?   

Cool thing is I applaud them for showing you were everything is, so the size of the game actually is a little misleading.  I'd rather have it shorter like this game, rather than extended collecting, maybe needing guides, the internet and someone else to show them where the random collectables are.  This way I could sit down and run, smoke, fly, neon my way around goofing off while I don't need someone to show me where collectable are.  I usually don't bother doing collectables if that's the case... so I liked this system.

There was something relaxing to this game for me.  Maybe it was the lack of story or the repetitive nature, but I sat back and enjoyed the atmosphere, graphics, and let the neon melt my brain.  They could've hit this out of the park, but instead I feel like this game was more like a beat out infield single.  Feels good, but it won't be talked about as something you have to experience.

I think because it had the most next gen feeling as to date for me is another reason disappointment in other areas resonated so heavily on me.  I'm still looking forward to playing the evil playthrough, but like others have stated much won't change. 

Late addition:  I gotta add I really liked the artistic angle to the game too.  A world that not many know much or have expierenced much within.  My brother and his good painter buddy used to stencil and pray paint basically on the the same level as Deslin.   This game is great, but at the same time it manages to stay average.  Thought I'd say this was probably my favorite element of the game...   Something I forgot to mention.  They did a great job on this part I thought.

Edited by SilkyJay86

• 4 months later...

It's a late answer, but I've bought this game while it was cheap, and I have no regrets even though the game is relatively short.

The story is simple and direct, there are no plot twists, but in the end I felt the chills with the scene before the last battle.

What I thought it was amazing in the game is the acting of the characters (although it's not much, I was impressed). The expressions in their faces and everything... I think it is cool, since I haven't played other games besides assassin's creed black flag and battlefield 4 in the new generation...

I'm still waiting for batman and metal gear, but this was a great game to play and at least you should rent it to play trough the story once and admire the expression of the characters

Edited by DropeRj

To me so far is good but not perfect i feel that the game is not exciting as the other infamous the best thing about this game is you can use different power and the graphic s is amazing . overall this game is great worth buying but i feel they could do more to it

Edited by Condemned09

• 2 weeks later...

It's a late answer, but I've bought this game while it was cheap, and I have no regrets even though the game is relatively short.

The story is simple and direct, there are no plot twists, but in the end I felt the chills with the scene before the last battle.

What I thought it was amazing in the game is the acting of the characters (although it's not much, I was impressed). The expressions in their faces and everything... I think it is cool, since I haven't played other games besides assassin's creed black flag and battlefield 4 in the new generation...

I'm still waiting for batman and metal gear, but this was a great game to play and at least you should rent it to play trough the story once and admire the expression of the characters

For me its been a let down so far, only played 3 or 4 hours, its in no way on a par with the PS3 games, i will finish it though, so haven't given up on it yet, there hasn't been any wow moments yet.

To me so far is good but not perfect i feel that the game is not exciting as the other infamous the best thing about this game is you can use different power and the graphic s is amazing . overall this game is great worth buying but i feel they could do more to it

well it seems that the guy who made this thread left ps for good lol
  • Like 1