Multiplayer Coop?

Dreakon139

I don't really know much about how the multiplayer works in this game, but...

My brother wants to get a PS3 and this game. This works out pretty well since I already have a PS3 (and not the game, but I might consider it). I'm kind of wondering how the multiplayer works in this game, and if it's functional enough that me and him can both get the game and play together whenever we feel like it? From what I've heard, it sounds like you can encounter others online kind of randomly and they can kind of choose whether or not to help or hinder you? Is that right?

Is there any way to guarantee that you'll play with a certain individual? Like in the case of me and my brother wanting to play together?

Thanks!

Is there any way to guarantee that you'll play with a certain individual? Like in the case of me and my brother wanting to play together?

Thanks!

No... if you are able to hook up with your brother it would be a random chance situation... they made the servers random selection so that it would be harder... I have tried a handful of times to link up with a few of my friends but had no luck...

Still a good game though :)

Yeah, probably lol. I have enough of them to last me a little while though. :P

This would be more of a 'this is the only game me and my brother share a similar interest in with any kind of multiplayer mode' kind of thing. He has relatively picky taste and ours don't match up very often.

Like piggie said, the MP in this game has been fucked since day-one. The latest patch, 1.05 was supposed to make it better, and a handful of people have had success (multiple times) pairing up with particular folks. I am hoping to give it a try with a couple of people soon (assuming they're willing) so I'll let you know how it goes.

Like piggie said, the MP in this game has been fucked since day-one. The latest patch, 1.05 was supposed to make it better, and a handful of people have had success (multiple times) pairing up with particular folks. I am hoping to give it a try with a couple of people soon (assuming they're willing) so I'll let you know how it goes.

I didn't notice a difference but i heard it got better for some people... all of my friends have far surpassed me in level so i have no chance of co-oping with them anyway, lol

• 4 months later...

I just fired this up again last night... wow, im really rusty!!!

I run in like im a berserker and get by butt handed to me... looks like i need to slow down and take my time, lol... but the cool thing is that it only took me a minute or two to get summoned so that means people are still playing...

I think i was around level 65-ish if anyone wants to co-op this weekend let me know

I just fired this up again last night... wow, im really rusty!!!

I run in like im a berserker and get by butt handed to me... looks like i need to slow down and take my time, lol... but the cool thing is that it only took me a minute or two to get summoned so that means people are still playing...

I think i was around level 65-ish if anyone wants to co-op this weekend let me know

count me in! but im level 30 right after the gargoyles :( ill need to level grind a bit... BUT WHERE

I just started up a new character... Im a magic user, YAY!

just past the gargoyles at soul level 21

now i have a level 73 and a level 21 character so if anyone is around those levels we can co-op

piggie get to 60 so we can play!!! DX

piggie get to 60 so we can play!!! DX

did some grinding (beat up the Quelaag demon about 15 times)... at level 55 on my new character... im going to do some boss fights and try to level up some more because im having a hard time with the 2nd Asylum Demon

did some grinding (beat up the Quelaag demon about 15 times)... at level 55 on my new character... im going to do some boss fights and try to level up some more because im having a hard time with the 2nd Asylum Demon

there are two asylum demons? im level 60 still in the are with the two gargoyles and the weird stairway and a painting. too weak to proceed. :(

there are two asylum demons? im level 60 still in the are with the two gargoyles and the weird stairway and a painting. too weak to proceed. :(

Focus your souls on your gear and spells (especially if you're a pyro) instead of leveling and you'll become a power house in no time. As long as your stats are high enough to actually wield your weapon of choice then I'd strongly recommend concentrating on strengthening equipment above all else. I finished my first playthrough at lvl. 69 with no problems by doing it that way.

Focus your souls on your gear and spells (especially if you're a pyro) instead of leveling and you'll become a power house in no time. As long as your stats are high enough to actually wield your weapon of choice then I'd strongly recommend concentrating on strengthening equipment above all else. I finished my first playthrough at lvl. 69 with no problems by doing it that way.

wow thanks for the advice. i actually mostly focus on melee combat though. but thats still good advice. i need to get the repair box thing for the bonfire from the blacksmith lol

wow thanks for the advice. i actually mostly focus on melee combat though. but thats still good advice. i need to get the repair box thing for the bonfire from the blacksmith lol

Whatever weapon/armor you're most into get it to +5/10 ASAP and your life will be a whole lot easier.

having the repair box is key also... i repair every time i hit a bonfire and it usually only costs 20 souls... a small price to keep you equipment well maintained!

I beat Anor Londo at level 40-ish... Like Skids said, if you have the right equipment leveled up you should do fine... but im at a level that i can help you through it if you want...the only problem is that its and invaders dreamland and i suck against invaders... it would be to your benefit to summon more than one person... I wouldn't go into the painting yet because once you go in you can't come out until you beat it (and its not fun to be stuck there trust me)