Trials Fusion General Discussion

Parker

You all know how it goes with these threads, discuss anything and everything regarding the game. Need help with a hard track? Working on an awesome custom track? Did you just score an awesome, no fault run on a super difficult track? Post here and we can share our successes and failures, if it is anything like the previous games, mostly failures.  :lol:

I can't wait for the game to come out. I've already paid off the physical version so I'll be at GameStop as soon as they open to get my hands on it. Trials was one of the best exclusive franchises on the Xbox 360 last generation so PlayStation guys have an awesome game series to look forward to this gen, I wish they would release it for our PS3 buddies too.

Parker

• Like 1

Trials was one of the best exclusive franchises on the Xbox 360 last generation

So true, IMHO the best. I still cannot believe its coming to PS4, there is now nothing i want from the xbox anymore. RedLynx are awesome, now make trials an eSport.

Need some trials buddies add me on psn: oiTHOMio

Did anyone grind for the squirrel head on Trials Evo?

• Like 1

So true, IMHO the best. I still cannot believe its coming to PS4, there is now nothing i want from the xbox anymore. RedLynx are awesome, now make trials an eSport.

Need some trials buddies add me on psn: oiTHOMio

Did anyone grind for the squirrel head on Trials Evo?

Now that would be something I would watch. A live Trials tournament would be absolutely crazy and I imagine there be a lot of raging involved.  :lol:

Parker

Holy shit this game is fun. It looks and plays wonderfully on the PlayStation 4 and it is exactly what I was wanting, more of the awesome Trials gameplay. My son loves watching me play it too.  :lol:

Parker

Yeah apparently it is full 1080p compared to 900 on xbone. I caved and bought it on US account, cannot wait till tomorrow. Will be playing in an hour or so. So happy.

Finished all the tracks now, golds up to extreme, will be going for platinum runs soon. How is everyone else doing?

I think it is easier than EVO, i like the challenges on each track, should add lots of frustrating replay value.

IT'S STILL DOWNLOADING!!  :angry:  :angry:

I don't know if it is just me but I suck at this game!!!

I cannot pass the extreme levels, I have completed 45/120 challenges, and have 13/20 squirrels. To be honest, I do not know how people can do the extreme tracks?

I cannot jump high enough, if there something I am doing completely wrong?

Any tips?

Please add me on PSN: SolarSync, maybe you could give me pointers from my replays or something.

Thanks

I don't know if it is just me but I suck at this game!!!

I cannot pass the extreme levels, I have completed 45/120 challenges, and have 13/20 squirrels. To be honest, I do not know how people can do the extreme tracks?

I cannot jump high enough, if there something I am doing completely wrong?

Any tips?

Please add me on PSN: SolarSync, maybe you could give me pointers from my replays or something.

You're not alone my friend. I passed just one of them but the real trick to anything in Trials is to learn how to bunny hop. That's really the most important thing you must master :)

Ye I think the timing with leaning has to be spot on as well. Thanks for the add, will play in a while see if I can beat some of your times!

I think to 100% this will would be extreme though so I not giving up, and the game is too awesome anyways.

Ye I think the timing with leaning has to be spot on as well. Thanks for the add, will play in a while see if I can beat some of your times!

I think to 100% this will would be extreme though so I not giving up, and the game is too awesome anyways.

Beating my times won't be so hard I didn't have time to go for perfect runs yet ;)

If you look at some of those challenges, the 100% just seems impossible. Like on the track Inferno IV you need to complete the track without seeing you bike. I can't even do that regularly  :S

Thanks for the add, I managed to beat the second extreme one the other day! It is true that you need to learn to bunny hop properly.

One tip I just figured out was to not hold the leaning analogue after doing a bunny hop unless necessary!! I was moving back then forward and holding forward down causing the bike to point down; now I actually get a bit of height!

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Thanks for the add, I managed to beat the second extreme one the other day! It is true that you need to learn to bunny hop properly.

One tip I just figured out was to not hold the leaning analogue after doing a bunny hop unless necessary!! I was moving back then forward and holding forward down causing the bike to point down; now I actually get a bit of height!

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on beating the second extreme level, practice makes perfect. I played a lot of trials on the 360 so getting through the extremes was not too bad. Inferno IV i ran out of time on my first go but got through it on second. It is a nightmare. Don't know if i will ever be able to platinum it. On the last trials game i was able to platinum time 2 or 3 of the extremes and will probably be able to do the same this time but i don't think all of them. Have already had to take a break from Trials for a week or so, burned my self out first few days. My rank has held up ok for not playing much though - 239 today, was 150 ish last week. Playing the first/second day it came out was fun, getting top 10 ranks and some rank 1's made me feel loads better than i am.

Trials can become a bit of an obsession, also my left sticks on 2 controllers are bit worn which is not helping on the extremes. Until i at least gold them i will probably not try and improve times on other levels.

Think i will order some thumb grips and maybe try the precision ones you can get to see if that helps.

That last trophy for the challenges may be out of reach for quite some time, i do have some tips though that may help.

1. Get good at placing your back wheel first, especially when landing on a slope.

2. Sometimes flipping forward and landing back wheel can help you with time and on some trickier sections.

3. On extremes sometimes using half throttle is the key.

4. On the uphills with lips use break to get into a stationary endo (front wheelie) and try and use the momentum to carry you over then quickly pull the back wheel under you. (sorry if unclear - you will get it)

5. Get distracted, i find talking to a friend in chat while trying helps as i don't over think it and just let it happen.

6. TAKE A BREAK, that is my best advice, sometimes going away and coming back really helps. You can psych yourself out really easily.

Good luck, we all need it :)

• Like 4

Thanks for the tips and the add oiTHOMio. This is my first trials game and I think it is awesome.

Managed to get past the third today too, that 2nd to last checkpoint on light city run was insane for me!

I know what you mean about obsession! I have gotten 2+ days in around 9 days, it is a great game and can be picked up even in a spare ten minutes, although I should take more breaks; when I get stuck I get in a rut and constantly fail.

I have decided to go back and try and platinum some of the earlier levels (got 4 in world 1 now I think) and gold all the hard levels before trying extreme. I think I was advancing beyond what I was capable of and getting majorly frustrated haha. 

Just to let you know Sony has claimed responsibility for worn analogue sticks and you are within your right to get brand new controllers granted that you have the receipt. I have swapped both of my controllers twice already. Once swapped buy some of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORB-Controller-Thumb-Grips-4-Pack/dp/B00GH7UA32

You'll get used to them and cannot tell that they are on.

Edited by SolarSync