Parker

Trials Fusion General Discussion

77 posts in this topic

Wow i actually just completed inferno 4.. such a pain in the ass.. Now all the challenges T_T

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is TOP. It's so hard but so rewarding at the same time.

That Full Throttle challenge was hard as hell. Now I have to try Inferno IV but I'm scared.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this game a lot, but damn it's overly hard.

The Master's Gauntlet is ridiculous I'm surprised people can beat those tracks.

And the trophies? EVERY CHALLENGE IN THE GAME. NOPE. That's by far the hardest part not worth it at all.

 

Edited by Recreatee
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21-7-2014 at 7:18 AM, Recreatee said:

I like this game a lot, but damn it's overly hard.

The Master's Gauntlet is ridiculous I'm surprised people can beat those tracks.

And the trophies? EVERY CHALLENGE IN THE GAME. NOPE. That's by far the hardest part not worth it at all.

 

If you just spend some time playing you'll find everything is pretty easy after a bit of practice, getting all the challenges done is also not too bad except for the "complete rock of rages with the Roach and 0 faults" that one is a pain and comes close to the hardcore impossible side, you should be able to get everything Else done in not too much time

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2017 at 6:02 PM, ShadySkunk said:

If you just spend some time playing you'll find everything is pretty easy after a bit of practice, getting all the challenges done is also not too bad except for the "complete rock of rages with the Roach and 0 faults" that one is a pain and comes close to the hardcore impossible side, you should be able to get everything Else done in not too much time

 

This was my first Trials game ever. oddly enough I had the same attitude as "Recreatee" back in 2014 when he posted that, haha. Today I still play Trials Fusion and have switched accounts sense then etc. I played for years on and off never actually trying the challenges because most where way to far out of my skill level so I ignored them.  These past few months I put in a lot and I mean a lot of effort into these challenges (Mainly Pipe Phobia & Top Roach) and tonight I popped my "Is There Anything You Can't Do?" trophy. If you're willing to put in the time you can and will get this trophy. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t want to make a whole new thread so I’ll just post it here. Need some help or advice on the challenge ‘They belong to the maffia’ in Deep Freeze. I’ve done this challenge so many times I lost count but the challenge won’t register. Watched my own replays and I never touch any yellow obstacles. What am I missing here? 

 

Edit: Well, I did it. I got it in a zero fault run. Although I’ve done that many times before so I still don’t understand what was wrong. Anyway, on to the next challenge.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Important tip: Make sure your controller's R2 is working properly so you don't spend 10 hours wondering how the fuck the guys in the videos gain so much speed while I look like a grandma driving. On the plus side I got really good at bunny hopping because I wasn't accelerating enough to clear gaps 🤔

Edit: I only realised this after 'sucessfully' finishing Full Throttle III 3 times and wondering why the damn trophy wasn't popping, you'd think I'd realise sooner but my dumb ass was blaming the game for not unlocking it.

Edited by HardXDXtraga
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.6.2019 at 0:12 PM, HardXDXtraga said:

Important tip: Make sure your controller's R2 is working properly so you don't spend 10 hours wondering how the fuck the guys in the videos gain so much speed while I look like a grandma driving. On the plus side I got really good at bunny hopping because I wasn't accelerating enough to clear gaps 1f914.png

Edit: I only realised this after 'sucessfully' finishing Full Throttle III 3 times and wondering why the damn trophy wasn't popping, you'd think I'd realise sooner but my dumb ass was blaming the game for not unlocking it.

Welcome to the team, brother. I also realised it on Full Throttle III and after breakes when i came back relaxed and didn't press R2 too hard, that i actually don't get 100% acceleration with my R2 trigger. I then validated this yesterday in Trials Rising where you can see the inputs on screen and it's clearly visible that R2 only goes to 95% if you don't press the button REALLY hard.

 

So for anyone into these kind of games, definitely check if your triggers are still perfectly working. Even the slightest handicap makes it much harder.

Edited by Ghost-TeamX
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Welcome to the team, brother. I also realised it on Full Throttle III and after breakes when i came back relaxed and didn't press R2 too hard, that i actually don't get 100% acceleration with my R2 trigger. I then validated this yesterday in Trials Rising where you can see the inputs on screen and it's clearly visible that R2 only goes to 95% if you don't press the button REALLY hard.

 

So for anyone into these kind of games, definitely check if your triggers are still perfectly working. Even the slightest handicap makes it much harder.

I realised by watching the replay, it was clear that it wasn't at 100% since it shows the inputs, another way to check is by pressing x instead of r2, if you see you're going faster with x, then it's time to switch controllers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 0:12 PM, HardXDXtraga said:

Important tip: Make sure your controller's R2 is working properly so you don't spend 10 hours wondering how the fuck the guys in the videos gain so much speed while I look like a grandma driving. On the plus side I got really good at bunny hopping because I wasn't accelerating enough to clear gaps 1f914.png

Edit: I only realised this after 'sucessfully' finishing Full Throttle III 3 times and wondering why the damn trophy wasn't popping, you'd think I'd realise sooner but my dumb ass was blaming the game for not unlocking it.

 

On 6/20/2019 at 1:21 PM, Ghost-TeamX said:

Welcome to the team, brother. I also realised it on Full Throttle III and after breakes when i came back relaxed and didn't press R2 too hard, that i actually don't get 100% acceleration with my R2 trigger. I then validated this yesterday in Trials Rising where you can see the inputs on screen and it's clearly visible that R2 only goes to 95% if you don't press the button REALLY hard.

 

So for anyone into these kind of games, definitely check if your triggers are still perfectly working. Even the slightest handicap makes it much harder.

 

These are actually excellent tips and the easiest way to check your controller is to play the custom track DUALSHOCK4 (I have two controllers and one only goes to 65% of full gas).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was actually a small tip I wanted to share but forgot. For the Level Up DLC trophy, reaching floor 10 on ‘The Tower’. You can get this in the custom track list, just search for it, and you have checkpoints making this already somewhat easy trophy childsplay. I tried to see if this would work for Speedcuber too, but that didn’t work. This might work for the Anger Management trophy too as there is a custom track for it where you aren’t on fire which would make it a lot easier. But I did that the normal way so someone else would need to test that. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/08/2019 at 1:02 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

There was actually a small tip I wanted to share but forgot. For the Level Up DLC trophy, reaching floor 10 on ‘The Tower’. You can get this in the custom track list, just search for it, and you have checkpoints making this already somewhat easy trophy childsplay. I tried to see if this would work for Speedcuber too, but that didn’t work. This might work for the Anger Management trophy too as there is a custom track for it where you aren’t on fire which would make it a lot easier. But I did that the normal way so someone else would need to test that. 

 I just wanted to respond to say that I got the Anger Management trophy using the custom track where you aren't on fire, so yes, this does work too.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Deano1337 said:

 I just wanted to respond to say that I got the Anger Management trophy using the custom track where you aren't on fire, so yes, this does work too.

 

That’s good news for people struggling with this trophy. It was the third hardest trophy in the game for me.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2019 at 11:40 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

 

That’s good news for people struggling with this trophy. It was the third hardest trophy in the game for me.

I was ready for spending a few days on it then thought I'd see if there was another version in track central, similar to 'The Tower' where I could practice.  The trophy pop was a very nice surprise.

 

I've been really struggling with Top Roach to finish off 100% for this.. :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deano1337 said:

I was ready for spending a few days on it then thought I'd see if there was another version in track central, similar to 'The Tower' where I could practice.  The trophy pop was a very nice surprise.

 

I've been really struggling with Top Roach to finish off 100% for this.. :(

 

Good luck man. Top Roach is hard! Might be the hardest challenge in the game. I spent a lot more time on Pipe Phobia and Sleepy Creek though. I got a ‘lucky’ Top Roach run pretty fast. Hang in there and you’ll do it eventually.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

 

Good luck man. Top Roach is hard! Might be the hardest challenge in the game. I spent a lot more time on Pipe Phobia and Sleepy Creek though. I got a ‘lucky’ Top Roach run pretty fast. Hang in there and you’ll do it eventually.

Thanks!  I've been getting a few hours every other day or so to practice, managed to get a 3 fault run but could see exactly where I went wrong.  As you can imagine it's that massive jump in the middle of the track.  I've noticed though when I try to use the fapping technique to get over the ledge, my front wheel falls into a small dip in the rock, meaning I can't lean properly.  If I can get the speed just right and put my front wheel over that I think I'll do it.  But yea, practice is key for this... Good thing I enjoy it :D

 

Yea I know the feeling.  Pipe Phobia and the invisible bike on Inferno IV were insane.  I also struggled a lot with the Goal Line Technology one too.

 

toying with the idea of getting Rising... :')

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Deano1337 said:

Thanks!  I've been getting a few hours every other day or so to practice, managed to get a 3 fault run but could see exactly where I went wrong.  As you can imagine it's that massive jump in the middle of the track.  I've noticed though when I try to use the fapping technique to get over the ledge, my front wheel falls into a small dip in the rock, meaning I can't lean properly.  If I can get the speed just right and put my front wheel over that I think I'll do it.  But yea, practice is key for this... Good thing I enjoy it :D

 

Yea I know the feeling.  Pipe Phobia and the invisible bike on Inferno IV were insane.  I also struggled a lot with the Goal Line Technology one too.

 

toying with the idea of getting Rising... :')

 

I never used the fapping technique for the big middle jump, because somehow I could never get enough speed. I always just propelled myself straight against the wall so you get ‘stuck’ and just give some gas to go up. (Does this even make sense, it’s kind of hard to explain 😅). That was a lot more consistent for me. Here is my video to show you what I mean.

 

 

For me the second to last checkpoint was by far the hardest.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a lot of fun while going for the 'Top Roach'. I also helped my friends to get it as well. That was a great challenge that make me help everyone who is still struggling with it. 
 

Edited by Abysm_Nucleus
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The horrible thing happened... I beat both the massive jump and the mini wall climb at the end, only to forget to do the mini bunny hop onto the platform and faulted. :(

 

The good thing though, since then I've gotten to that stage 2 or 3 times and the nerves got the better of me... It's coming.  No time to play today though lol. 

 

I'll upload the video of my fault whenever I can, it might give you a laugh :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did it!  Now finally part of that 100% club.  Damn it feels good. :) I'll upload my run tomorrow.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As promised, here's a few of my fault runs, with the actual run in there too.

 

Fail 1 - this was the first time I made the big long jump and forgot how to bunny hop near the end. Failed attempt

 

Fail 2 - this happened a few days ago where again nerves got the better of me and I faulted... This time a lot closer to the finish line :)

 

Success - the replay of my actual run!  Another close call near the finish but this time I got it right

 

Screenshots of the trophy pop and my in-game stats

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Deano1337 said:

As promised, here's a few of my fault runs, with the actual run in there too.

 

Fail 1 - this was the first time I made the big long jump and forgot how to bunny hop near the end. Failed attempt

 

Fail 2 - this happened a few days ago where again nerves got the better of me and I faulted... This time a lot closer to the finish line :)

 

Success - the replay of my actual run!  Another close call near the finish but this time I got it right

 

Screenshots of the trophy pop and my in-game stats

 

 

 

 

Congrats! Lol at the second failed attempt. How could you screw that up? That must have felt pretty shit. Also a bit lucky at the end on your succesfull run 😁. Nicely done!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It felt terrible not gonna lie lol.  Kept getting nervous!  Every time I reached that point with a fault I got passed it with no issues at all.  Thank you!  Seeing different runs helped nail down my strat... Now cleaning up some older and much much much easier trophies :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4-1-2020 at 11:18 PM, Deano1337 said:

It felt terrible not gonna lie lol.  Kept getting nervous!  Every time I reached that point with a fault I got passed it with no issues at all.  Thank you!  Seeing different runs helped nail down my strat... Now cleaning up some older and much much much easier trophies :D

 

I still remember when I first tried this track with the roach I almost thought it was impossible to do.. The feeling you get when you keep getting better on the track and feel the chance to beat the track without faults was a really nice feeling haha. Even when it took WAY TOO MANY tries haha

 

After giving it a rest for over 1 or even 2 years I restarted everything and somehow in a couple months I've beaten the things that looked impossible to finish. (Pipe fobia, top roach and all redlynx records).

 

This game is a rollercoaster of emotions haha, congrats with earning your 100%! Glad I'm also part of this 100% club after this long road

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked up the Fastest Achievers for this game and there are people who did this in under a week!

 

Insanity, they're probably good enough to platinum Super Meat Boy in two to four days.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.