Trials Fusion General Discussion

Parker

• 2 years later...

Quite surprised I just got the Full Throttle III 0.73% trophy (used the baggie bike btw for tropic storm! I found that easier!) Wondering if i actually have a shot at getting 100% in this!

Quite a newbie only starting playing it yesterday (one day in 2017 doesnt count that save was lost) 

Those extreme levels and all challenges are clearly gonna be a brutal monster though, that 10/10 guide rating ain't joking.

By the lowest achieved trophy 0.13% for all challenges, looks like only around 430 people have got 100% in the base game. Which is interesting. And surprising. For an old 2014 game. 

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

) Wondering if i actually have a shot at getting 100% in this!

I'd say you have at least a very good shot of getting a vast majority of them.

I had like 13 trophies before I revisited the game a couple months back and was able to rack up 30~ trophies. Now I'm only missing a few for 100%. Albeit the hardest ones. lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I'd say you have at least a very good shot of getting a vast majority of them.

I had like 13 trophies before I revisited the game a couple months back and was able to rack up 30~ trophies. Now I'm only missing a few for 100%. Albeit the hardest ones. lol

Cheers good luck to you too!

Just went back for more after dinner (this game is gonna be addictive) and just got Unyielding III 0.81% trophy wow! this time using maka video in psnp site guide, took 5 mins to ace 1st track, 30 mins to ace 2nd track, 16 mins to ace 3rd track, I thought these 2 trophies were going to be evil but they weren't too bad! 

...now for the real hard stuff lol

Inferno level... yikes

On 1/24/2024 at 1:08 PM, jmartinez8089 said:

Join the 100%!

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Just do it!

Random motivational quote!

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Lol I'm on route! Been smashing it! Got the 20 squirrels 0.97% trophy today some of those squirrels were hilarious I love it 😆 that one where you have the bad trip from the cactus/peyote totally obscuring your view was the trickiest for me, but totally satisfying when beat it 😁

I really cant do inferno level at the moment though, cant do that evil first jump, gonna have to watch a detailed tutorial video for that level for sure.

Just 3 base game trophies left now. Inferno level. All challenges. And level 50 outfit. (I havent bought the DLC yet, put it in my wishlist to wait for a sale).

This. Game. Is. Awesome! So much fun!

Edit: day after I got the level 50 outfit trophy.

Just the 2 hardest trophies left now. Working my way through the challenges, completed 48 of them today.

Next day edit: next day I have completed 87/120 challenges, the rest I havent tried yet.  Still cant get anywhere on inferno level. Hmm. Thought I'd keep on with the challenges for practice. 

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

I seem to have hit a brick wall with my learning curve. And I'm a persistent f*cker so I'm quite surprised. Lol. There are some things I just can't do that's just not happening. And 3 extreme levels that I just can't do. 

I'm watching University Of Trials tutorials but are there any other tips outside of that?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

I seem to have hit a brick wall with my learning curve. And I'm a persistent f*cker so I'm quite surprised. Lol. There are some things I just can't do that's just not happening. And 3 extreme levels that I just can't do. 

I'm watching University Of Trials tutorials but are there any other tips outside of that?

University of Trials will definitely help you to find an approach to tackle tougher obstacles, however, a lot of it comes down to what you said, persistence. I'd say overall, if you learn and really get the hang of bunnyhops, you're already a good way there. This game is ultimately a game of balance so eventually, learning things like traction control on the throttle and braking on the front wheel, leaning forward to make it to the other side of a jump will be nuances you must get the hang of as well.

Assuming you want to 100% this as well, you're going to have a hell of a time with the 'Anger Management' or the 'Is There Anything You Can't Do' trophies. So much stupid stuff the developers do like change gravity or 'Pipephobia' for a whole track to deal with.

1 hour ago, burnix81 said:

University of Trials will definitely help you to find an approach to tackle tougher obstacles, however, a lot of it comes down to what you said, persistence. I'd say overall, if you learn and really get the hang of bunnyhops, you're already a good way there. This game is ultimately a game of balance so eventually, learning things like traction control on the throttle and braking on the front wheel, leaning forward to make it to the other side of a jump will be nuances you must get the hang of as well.

Assuming you want to 100% this as well, you're going to have a hell of a time with the 'Anger Management' or the 'Is There Anything You Can't Do' trophies. So much stupid stuff the developers do like change gravity or 'Pipephobia' for a whole track to deal with.

Thanks Burnix, but yea I mastered perfect big bunny hops first day. No big jumps are an issue. Thats the basics! Anyway i've done 100/120 challenges its just a few fiddly things that I'm just not getting the button input sequence/technique correctly because I'm not being told it as I would have expected. (I've learnt 2 moves from video's one the 6 button input to get up steep double hills, and the thing to raise your rear wheel when just your front wheel has made a platform, Edit: oh and fapping, cuz that was handily in the psnp guide 👍 the rest I've just learnt myself).  What is the issue is I actually don't like the the UOT/professor fat shady video's, I don't like how he describes things, the few I have watched I mostly deem useless. Watch pyromaniac 'tutorial' of his.. is that not just a lets play. Not a very good one at that. He just dies a lot and doesn't say anything useful. And he might of even been drunk whatever his 'special drinks' are. lol what a pointless upload. (I actually did pyromaniac my own way I didn't see in any video, which was an endo hop off first ledge to get in a great position vertical for maximum contact and speed down to clear first part easily.)  Anyway.. I've just reached a point of frustration (ofc it was coming with this game - it had to lol. before it was pure fun. and I was sure i would beat any challenge. But i don't rate the tutorials I'm seeing so I've hit the brick wall.) Like now i'm doing '1,2,3' challenge, should be easy right, just hold wheelies on red spots in easy final level The Greater Crater. FatShady just says use gas and brake. ok, to what pressure or pattern to brake/throttle, am i to lean at all, touch left thumbstick at all, i dunno he's just too vague. I tried 2 hours and i can hold long wheelies in motion no problem but stationary it's not happening. I know it should be simple, and that's what i am finding frustrating, that i know it will be simple! But i am not satisfied with how the official Trails teacher explains things! I'm sure some of his videos are good and i just happen to have watched a few bad ones. Anyway it's all good I'll keep on doing my own thing til i figure out my own techniques or something.

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 11:04 PM, esstee11 said:

Thanks Burnix, but yea I mastered perfect big bunny hops first day. No big jumps are an issue. Thats the basics! Anyway i've done 100/120 challenges its just a few fiddly things that I'm just not getting the button input sequence/technique correctly because I'm not being told it as I would have expected. (I've learnt 2 moves from video's one the 6 button input to get up steep double hills, and the thing to raise your rear wheel when just your front wheel has made a platform, Edit: oh and fapping, cuz that was handily in the psnp guide 👍 the rest I've just learnt myself).  What is the issue is I actually don't like the the UOT/professor fat shady video's, I don't like how he describes things, the few I have watched I mostly deem useless. Watch pyromaniac 'tutorial' of his.. is that not just a lets play. Not a very good one at that. He just dies a lot and doesn't say anything useful. And he might of even been drunk whatever his 'special drinks' are. lol what a pointless upload. (I actually did pyromaniac my own way I didn't see in any video, which was an endo hop off first ledge to get in a great position vertical for maximum contact and speed down to clear first part easily.)  Anyway.. I've just reached a point of frustration (ofc it was coming with this game - it had to lol. before it was pure fun. and I was sure i would beat any challenge. But i don't rate the tutorials I'm seeing so I've hit the brick wall.) Like now i'm doing '1,2,3' challenge, should be easy right, just hold wheelies on red spots in easy final level The Greater Crater. FatShady just says use gas and brake. ok, to what pressure or pattern to brake/throttle, am i to lean at all, touch left thumbstick at all, i dunno he's just too vague. I tried 2 hours and i can hold long wheelies in motion no problem but stationary it's not happening. I know it should be simple, and that's what i am finding frustrating, that i know it will be simple! But i am not satisfied with how the official Trails teacher explains things! I'm sure some of his videos are good and i just happen to have watched a few bad ones. Anyway it's all good I'll keep on doing my own thing til i figure out my own techniques or something.

Oh yeah I just watched that Pyromaniac video and you're definitely right 😂

I did Pyromaniac probably a year ago and ended up having to do it my own way as well. Especially that first jump, was such a headache! Funnily enough, was trying 1,2,3 as well last week and just gave up as well. I haven't watched Professor Fat Shady myself for 1,2,3 but I did watch Rooster Teeth on it and was just like "if you bounce back and forth, you'll get your front wheel up and then just touch gas to balance, takes a lot of practice". The optimism you get at the start from my experience and probably yours too now is just misleading into later stages where something that seems so simple can be so hard! If anything, Shady is just glorified (he's even included in some parts of Trials Rising, silly Ubisoft). He likes the game but doesn't take the time to be a great teacher which as you see in alot of his videos, just does it on the spot.

If I could recommend anything, try find different guys who show replays, not live gameplay. I've found guys like Maka91 who I can't say 100% of the time have done replays but I definitely know they have. The great thing found in replays are that you get to see their trigger and R2 L2 movements which gets you some more insight into their behaviours other than what's in front of you. 

Another recommendation is if you are doing DLC trophies (which with that 97.4% average game completion you probably would), things that could get you more equiped with some skill insights are the extreme tracks. Particularly Meteorain or Way of the Machine, some of those parts are incredibly unforgiving and would have you doing multiple attempts before finishing the level.

Oh and did I mention there's a trophy for a dating simulator? Absolute cringe 🤦‍♂️

Well done on the 100/120 challenges though. Yourself and I are definitely more than the average biker completionist in this game. Might try get back into finishing the challenges and maybe I will have some tips I can share. Then again, seeing it out will be a matter of practice and persistence.

Edited by burnix81
  • Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 1:04 PM, esstee11 said:

Like now i'm doing '1,2,3' challenge, should be easy right, just hold wheelies on red spots in easy final level The Greater Crater. FatShady just says use gas and brake. ok, to what pressure or pattern to brake/throttle, am i to lean at all, touch left thumbstick at all, i dunno he's just too vague. I tried 2 hours and i can hold long wheelies in motion no problem but stationary it's not happening. I know it should be simple, and that's what i am finding frustrating, that i know it will be simple! But i am not satisfied with how the official Trails teacher explains things! I'm sure some of his videos are good and i just happen to have watched a few bad ones. Anyway it's all good I'll keep on doing my own thing til i figure out my own techniques or something.

I guess a lot of things in Trials you just have to learn by trial and error (not a very original thought ;)). Of course you can (and probably should) watch videos and replays of other players, but at the end of the day all comes down to developing muscle memory for certain techniques. E.g. I don't know if I can explain better (than FatShady) the stationary backwheel technique, you have to do quick lean forward/back to get your front wheel up, but then it's balancing between gas and braking - but how much of each I only know when I do it. One thing I could say for gas is that you really need to feather it, you only press it so much, and if there's too much of it, you brake (gently, of course). You probably can't learn it immediately, it takes some time, but once you get it, it becomes very easy, and you can do it for a very long time.

When I played Trials on my old account for the first time, I spend hundreds of hours playing custom made tracks before I went back to the campaign and finished all the challenges. Now, after years of playing the game, I can play any of the extreme tracks and zero fault them with a couple of tries - am I very skilled? Not at all, I just invested lots and lots of time in developing muscle memory for specific techniques, and it all comes naturally. So as long as you enjoy the game (I certainly do!), keep at it and you'll get better each time you play it, but be realistic and don't expect everything to come together very quickly - that's probably the reason why so few people 100%-ed the game, they lost their patience :D 

If you want to get some idea about the learning curve in Trials (and what is even possible), watch some yt videos - generally, after extreme tracks there is a whole gradation of so-called ninja difficulty tracks, starting with ninja level 1 and ending with ninja level 8/9 (only two 9s have been passed, I think). Looking at these videos will show you how absolutely massive the difficulty gap is between the extreme and ninja difficulty - but maybe that will also give you some motivation seeing that you said you hit the wall.

Good luck in your efforts! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Cheers @burnix81 and @det_gittes great informative posts!

I was just a bit salty yesterday haha but today I've had a much better day and completed another 3 or 4 of the harder challenges fairly quickly which I was chuffed about!

Yea I only just recently discovered in-game leaderboards that you can press watch replay on any of the top players runs any track to see what methods they use, very useful tool!

I'm on 60 hours played now with no previous Trials experience (10 hours of a look at the game in 2017 is all) so I think I've made decent progression so far considering. So yea onwards and upwards I'm sure everything will be fine 😁

• Like 2

Steady progression again, i can at least complete consistently all extreme levels now... except for inferno IV i still can't do that bastard yet 😂 (I can get to the wheel-to-barrels obstacle then get stuck).

I have completed 114/120 challenges now. These last 6 challenges are hairy AF for me! They are:

Pipe Phobia. (E -Yuck.)

Mind-Blowingly-Sensational Flipping!!! (H -Haven't zeroed yet.)

Top Roach. (E -Yuck.)

(And ofc the 3 in Inferno IV:
Crank Up The Heat. H

Disrespecting the Teacher. E

Be One with the Bike. E)

*Ratings according to PSNP guide:   H - HARD.   E - EXTREME.

(Thank you for previous tips on '1,2,3' I got it much easier in the end with the Roach cuz its less twitchy than the Viper.)

I would say any tips for these last 6 are welcome, but i'm sure its just a case of practice practice practice until practice makes perfect.

Edited by esstee11
Edited to remove challenges i've since beat
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2024 at 9:48 PM, esstee11 said:

Steady progression again, i can at least complete consistently all extreme levels now... except for inferno IV i still can't do that bastard yet 😂 (I can get to the wheel-to-barrels obstacle then get stuck).

I have completed 112/120 challenges now. These last 8 challenges are hairy AF for me! They are:

Pipe Phobia. (E -Yuck.)

Shoddy Workmanship. (H -Making silly errors. I should get it soon.)

Mind-Blowingly-Sensational Flipping!!! (H -Haven't zeroed yet.)

Top Roach. (E -Yuck.)

Rabbit's Survival Run. (E -Getting close, will get it soon.)

(And ofc the 3 in Inferno IV:
Crank Up The Heat. H

Disrespecting the Teacher. E

Be One with the Bike. E)

*Ratings according to PSNP guide:   H - HARD.   E - EXTREME.

(Thank you for previous tips on '1,2,3' I got it much easier in the end with the Roach cuz its less twitchy than the Viper.)

I would say any tips for these last 8 are welcome, but i'm sure its just a case of practice practice practice until practice makes perfect.

Once you bunny hop into that tiny slot, lean forward and rapidly tap L2 and R2 to push your guy into it rather than falling backwards. Then just quick reverse and slow throttle to top. Get yourself prepped to land back wheel into a double bunny hop. Part after that you want to wheelie into the angle, then lean backwards again then bunny hop up. Easy enough bunny hop into the bit after that. Fapping helps for the bit after. Good luck with the 10 second wheelie. Part after that you ride up like normal trying to land back wheel just before front, lean forwards and let off gas halfway up. Free bunny hop to 2nd to last checkpoint. This one you wheelie a bit then lean forwards slightly and ease off it as you go up. 

Pipe Phobia is just practice with Roach, getting used to throttle control. Top Roach has an actual practice track on Track Central. 3 checkpoints to use it to learn. Then try your full runs. Can’t remember what the rest are.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, B1ngBangBOsh said:

Once you bunny hop into that tiny slot, lean forward and rapidly tap L2 and R2 to push your guy into it rather than falling backwards. Then just quick reverse and slow throttle to top. Get yourself prepped to land back wheel into a double bunny hop. Part after that you want to wheelie into the angle, then lean backwards again then bunny hop up. Easy enough bunny hop into the bit after that. Fapping helps for the bit after. Good luck with the 10 second wheelie. Part after that you ride up like normal trying to land back wheel just before front, lean forwards and let off gas halfway up. Free bunny hop to 2nd to last checkpoint. This one you wheelie a bit then lean forwards slightly and ease off it as you go up. 

Pipe Phobia is just practice with Roach, getting used to throttle control. Top Roach has an actual practice track on Track Central. 3 checkpoints to use it to learn. Then try your full runs. Can’t remember what the rest are.

For barrels obstacle in inferno IV do you mean for first part of post?

Ok appreciate all info thanks 😀

Hey I just today started getting that 'cant reconnect to ubisoft servers times wont be added to leaderboards' message thing every track which blows. Is there an easy fix for that? I did a quick Google but not found anything useful yet. Scared to try delete and reinstall I dont know when I last did a cloud backup save! 😅

I wonder if its cuz I JUST passed the 100 hours played mark, cuz I never got this message once before then, (but I do see it constantly in all YouTube guide videos). maybe it reached max data or something, I know nothing about how technology works so who knows lol.

Edit: And I just completed extreme challenge 'Rabbits Survival Run', that one was just fun, no stress, I love the rabbit!

Also just grabbed 'Shoddy Workmanship' today too! If I made a silly error and crashed I'd press restart from beginning. Today I read the PSNP guide say zero fault description is wrong and you can fault as many times as you want, life changer! Tried again this time I would hit :circle: to go to last checkpoint to save myself if a jump looked a little off, then I got it within 5 minutes 😂👍

Edited by esstee11

3 hours ago, esstee11 said:

For barrels obstacle in inferno IV do you mean for first part of post?

Ok appreciate all info thanks 😀

Hey I just today started getting that 'cant reconnect to ubisoft servers times wont be added to leaderboards' message thing every track which blows. Is there an easy fix for that? I did a quick Google but not found anything useful yet. Scared to try delete and reinstall I dont know when I last did a cloud backup save! 😅

I wonder if its cuz I JUST passed the 100 hours played mark, cuz I never got this message once before then, (but I do see it constantly in all YouTube guide videos). maybe it reached max data or something, I know nothing about how technology works so who knows lol.

Edit: And I just completed extreme challenge 'Rabbits Survival Run', that one was just fun, no stress, I love the rabbit! 

Yeah first part is the barrels where you’ve got them 3 stacked on top of each other and you bunny hop from the wheel. Seems hard as shit until you realise how it works. And connect to Ubi servers just means the servers are probably acting up again. Seems to be the case since they fucked it all up whilst shutting down some of the old ones on Xbox 360. Doesn’t change any progress save for challenges, just means times won’t be saved to leaderboards.

1 minute ago, B1ngBangBOsh said:
Edited by B1ngBangBOsh
  • Like 2

So, it has reached the time, where I have to, surrender. And I never say that lightly. I thought with persistence I could beat the 0.13% trophy, but nope, I give upmost respect to that trophy and the 400 of you that achieved it, for it has def beaten me. 

Just getting nowhere with the last 3 things. Been alot of days and alot of hours and its just not happening. It pains me to say! I am surprised but there you go it truly is 10/10 haaard. I knew it would be but I thought with commitment/learning curve was very doable, but there are just some advanced techniques I am just unaware of or something cuz otherwise my skillset seems fine for completing tracks and stuff 🤷‍♂️ oh well.

Time to play other games now.

15 hours ago, esstee11 said:

So, it has reached the time, where I have to, surrender. And I never say that lightly. I thought with persistence I could beat the 0.13% trophy, but nope, I give upmost respect to that trophy and the 400 of you that achieved it, for it has def beaten me. 

Just getting nowhere with the last 3 things. Been alot of days and alot of hours and its just not happening. It pains me to say! I am surprised but there you go it truly is 10/10 haaard. I knew it would be but I thought with commitment/learning curve was very doable, but there are just some advanced techniques I am just unaware of or something cuz otherwise my skillset seems fine for completing tracks and stuff 🤷‍♂️ oh well.

Time to play other games now.

What 3 things? 

17 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

It was the 3 challenges I was stuck on.

But ok ok I bought the season pass DLC jist now while it was 70% off on sale so I'll try again and play some more 😂

Way of the Machine on the Roach is a nice challenge in the DLC pack - but not needed for trophies ;) 

Keep going at the remaining 3 challenges - it would be so much wasted effort to step away now! You'll get them eventually!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1ngBangBOsh said:

Which 3 challenges? Might be some tips I can give.

It was Pipe Phobia, Top Roach, and zero fault Eye Of The Storm - last one I'm making silly errors, I can pass all obstacles but not consistently enough something would go wrong, lowest i got was 4 faults, but i know that one will come.

But I'm gonna have a little few days break from those 3, and just enjoy doing the stuff in the DLC's for now 🙂

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

It was Pipe Phobia, Top Roach, and zero fault Eye Of The Storm - last one I'm making silly errors, I can pass all obstacles but not consistently enough something would go wrong, lowest i got was 4 faults, but i know that one will come.

But I'm gonna have a little few days break from those 3, and just enjoy doing the stuff in the DLC's for now 🙂

Gotchu. Guess for Pipe Phobia on the long one you could just try tapping throttle instead of controlling it. Although that weird collision physics with it about halfway up can just slam your wheel down which gets annoying fast. Sadly it’s not one tips can help out with that much other than just getting better with bike control.

Top Roach, simple breakdown for the big 3 jumps. Servers are down though so probably best to wait till they’re back up and you can practice nothing but these 3 jumps since they’re the skill checks you could say. First major jump is you want to tackle that last ramp of it like the 2nd to last checkpoint of Inferno 4. Try land back wheel first, lean forwards, ease off it as you go, will take some practice trying to get the timing. You could try a bunny hop from it but that’s a bit more difficult to pull off without good bike control. Second major jump is probably the most covered one, you want to aim for the bunny hop straight from the box onto the little ramp down so you have the speed to do a good bunny hop to the centre. Land it like you do that shit jump at the start of Eye of the Storm. Back wheel first, lean forwards, straight to bunny hop, hopefully with enough momentum. You can wall climb that Little Rock if you collide but sadly the dent at the top makes it shit to do if you’re not experienced. Last major jump is like 6 actions in a second. Bunny hop across, land back wheel first, lean forwards, lean back again just before wheel touches the wall, lean forwards and let go off gas, fap if you want a little extra forward tilt to land front wheel on it. Will take a bunch of practice to get the timing right. 

Seems like you’re familiar with Eye of the Storm so no doubt you’ll get it after a little bit. Don’t expect Top Roach to be a quick endeavour though. I probably spent about 6 hours in total practicing those 3 jumps on the community track before I started an hour each day on the real thing. Had 4 attempts where I got past that final hard jump and flopped it on the easy ramps up because of nerves (didn’t help with Wizolo watching and jinxing me). It’ll take a bit but knowing the basics of how to do each obstacle should decrease the time it takes a bit, you’ll still have to get used to the bike on all the obstacles and the timing for inputs.

• Like 1