Castle of Illusion free tomorrow, Genesis version available if you download before April 28

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/04/14/castle-of-illusions-hd-free-to-playstation-plus-members-starting-tomorrow/

castle-of-illusion-starring-mickey-mouse
Castle of Illusion
 is an HD ‘remake’ of the popular SEGA Genesis title Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse and if you haven’t picked this title up, you will soon be able to play it for free. US Playstation Plus subscribers will be able to download and play the game for free as long as they continue to pay for the service.

If you download the game before April 28th, you will also get a copy of the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive version for free as well (which used to be a pre-order bonus). The game will be added to Sony’s ‘Instant Collection’, meaning it will be free to download for a long time.

Pretty good deal.  I wasn't really expecting them to do this, but damn...

I actually like the Genesis version better.  Is that bad?

• Like 1

I actually like the Genesis version better.  Is that bad?

Nah, I'd have to say I prefer the Genesis/MegaDrive version as well.   The HD remaster wasn't a bad game by any means, but to me the original just feels tighter and more responsive, and the extra nostalgia factor can't really be ignored either.

I do like the fact that the remaster gave you the option to use the original 16-bit music, though.  That soundtrack was (and still is) amazing.

That's awesome. Never knew it was on Genesis. I still have my SNES cartridge. Along with Earthbound. Will probably play the Genesis version first to see how much they changed the environment in the remaster.

Did someone say Earthbound ^_^

Anyways I will be picking this up today. A fun distraction in between Skyrim sessions

• Like 1

Does the Castle Hub remind anyone else of Mario 64 :)

Started the game last night and that was one of the first things I noticed. Even the circle in the middle. Waiting to get enough diamonds so light shine through the roof and gives Micky wing ears.

Does the Castle Hub remind anyone else of Mario 64 :)

YES! Also the fact that you have to get X diamonds to unlock the other doors/stages.

Started the game last night and that was one of the first things I noticed. Even the circle in the middle. Waiting to get enough diamonds so light shine through the roof and gives Micky wing ears.

I hoped so much that I wasn't the only one who noticed these things. xD