Castle of Illusion free tomorrow, Genesis version available if you download before April 28

• 3 weeks later...

The thing I love about the remake is that Richard McGongale does the voice of the Narrator.

So everytime I hear him I think of Sully from Uncharted and I am REALLY tempted to edit some voice samples in that game.

So while he's say narrating Mickey's escape from the Gian Apple he'll comment "this is just like that time in Borneo".

Edited by HeroMAXD

• 11 months later...

Just finished it, and it's nowhere near as difficult as the rarity of the trophies suggest. Can be done fairly easily and the only even remotely annoying trophy is getting all the diamonds and that's just because a few are in slightly annoying to find places. The new soundtrack done by Grant Kirkhope sounds exactly like something you'd hear out of Banjo Kazooie, in fact I swear I've heard the music before in a few Banjo Kazooie/Tooie levels. Control wise the game suffers from some imprecise movement and input lag but it's nothing that'll hinder you too much as the game isn't particularly long or difficult, in fact it's extremely and disappointingly short. I quite liked the switching up between 2D and 3D platforming in parts but the 3D parts suffer the most in terms of the imprecise controls. In short it's a decent platformer that is difficult to recommend at full price due to its length; grab it on sale. 

• 1 year later...

Gotta love digital goods and their arbitrary availability. Do you have a link (source) with more details by chance?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/08/30/castle-of-illusion-starring-mickey-mouse-to-be-delisted-on-september-2.aspx

Since it looks like it was released on Sept 3 2013, I would assume the license is expiring (Hence Sept 2 removal date)

What a shame, this was a gorgeous little game and now we definitely can't hope for a Land of Illusion remake. :(

Since it looks like it was released on Sept 3 2013, I would assume the license is expiring (Hence Sept 2 removal date)

And you would be right. The licence Sega has with Disney is up and they have no intention of renewing it. The joys of digital-only! :|