Killzone Mercenary Botzone Launches On PS Vita Today

Goro

All multiplayer maps now playable offline against up to seven bots.

The "Botzone Soldier Training Pack" will be available today in the US & tomorrow in the EU and will cost £1.99/€2.49/$2.99.

Source - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/15/killzone-mercenary-botzone-launches-ps-vita-today/

Source - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/15/killzone-mercenary-botzone-out-today-on-ps-vita/

Edited by Goro
  • Like 1

That's nice. It should make some of those mp trophies easier for those still working on them. 

I think that was the idea because I know a lot of people passed on this game because the MP trophies can kind of be a pain in the ass. Hopefully it will make it easier to get the 10 kill streak.

I think too that maybe they just want to close the servers since not too many people are on it anymore and connection issues with the online have been a pain for many. 

Can someone let me know the total file size including bot mode and all the current patches / dlc updates please.

Been tempted to get this for a while but only played Killzone 1 on ps2 and the Killzone 3 demo and didn't really like either. But with all the praise this game gets I'm willing to give it another shot.

Can someone let me know the total file size including bot mode and all the current patches / dlc updates please.

Been tempted to get this for a while but only played Killzone 1 on ps2 and the Killzone 3 demo and didn't really like either. But with all the praise this game gets I'm willing to give it another shot.

If you didn't like Killzone 3 then i doubt you'll like Mercenary.

• Like 1

This is what made me so, sooooo happy!

"And it doesn't stop there; you’ll have the chance to collect some of those harder-to-obtain multiplayer trophies in an offline arena — provided your skills are up to the challenge, of course!" 

Man, it sucks that this costs money however I finally have a shot at getting the platinum in this game!

You can't get the "Well-rounded" trophy as warzone is not playable in botzone. Someone mentioned that these matches do not count towards the "centurion" trophy either so that makes two more mp trophies that are not accessible through this mode. I played about six or seven matches last night and none of the bots were using the M2 so that makes "spangled" a likely non-attainable trophy in this mode as well.

So to recap:

Noob

Centurion

Well-rounded

Spangled

These trophies still require online to attain.

Edited by crsn891

I just finally started this game after owning it for awhile. Playing botzone will not earn you the noob trophy.

I noticed that as well. I did manage to pick up the 10 kill streak and the vanguard trophy. I've played on every bot difficulty and I haven't seen any bots attempt to interrogate anyone yet, which also prevents from getting Get Your Hands Off Me, and I haven't been able to rescue any injured team mates either which prevents Redeemer. I tried for two games straight to try and get crushed by a Vanguard capsule for Heads Up and that hasn't worked either! So far, I think the only benefits of bot matches are that 1. It's fun, 2. I average about 50 kills every 10 minute game (could add up a little quicker than playing single player) and you can knock out some of the really hard multiplayer trophies like 10 Kill Streak while collecting Vektan dollars, valor cards and headshots. And, it was only $1.99 for me in the US. 

• 11 months later...

Which means this is still impossible to platinum for those who hate MP like me, I've actually prevented the game from connecting to the online servers because I really hate MP.  No loss on my part however since I paid nothing for it because of PS+ and will likely just get rid of it when I get tired of it.

• Like 1

Which means this is still impossible to platinum for those who hate MP like me, I've actually prevented the game from connecting to the online servers because I really hate MP.  No loss on my part however since I paid nothing for it because of PS+ and will likely just get rid of it when I get tired of it.

There are actually people who hate MP that bought Botzone so they can grind most of the MP trophies by themselves coz they are terrible with MP. but these MP trophies are easier to get compared to Shadow Fall's MP trophies which require like 2x or 3x of your time spent on Mercenary.

It's easier to boost with people whether you're good with MP or not..

It's not impossible to get the plat to those who hate MP, it's just that you chose not to give any effort before you even started playing it.

Besides that, this is not like The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, and other passive games that only needs you to play the game and it'll be an instant platinum.

Edited by ipot_04
  • Like 1

You can't get the "Well-rounded" trophy as warzone is not playable in botzone. Someone mentioned that these matches do not count towards the "centurion" trophy either so that makes two more mp trophies that are not accessible through this mode. I played about six or seven matches last night and none of the bots were using the M2 so that makes "spangled" a likely non-attainable trophy in this mode as well.

So to recap:

Noob

Centurion

Well-rounded

Spangled

These trophies still require online to attain.

According to the guide on http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/killzone-mercenary/210160-killzone-mercenary-trophy-guide-road-map.html

Centurion can be done with the botzone applied however after you play your 100th match in botzone you would have to play at least 1 MP game to get the trophy to pop. I haven't seen anyone on their forums dispute this yet so i think this is still ok.