So, TMNT OOS it's finally here

GoldenShaka

At least in USA it was released today April 15th, i guess tomorrow for EU.

Sadly none incentive for this long wait (i mean discount).

And no Demo.

So, You hardcore fans share with us: was the waiting worth it? was is fixed?

or I wait a good summer sale to grab it?

My son has been in love with the turtles for the past few months so I'll probably pick this up so we can play together. I've been told the game is pretty bad but a 4 year old won't know that and $15 for some awesome gaming time with my son is an easy price to pay. We played Megamind together and I can't imagine this is worse than that.

I'll post some impressions if I get it.

Parker 

There is a reason there isn't a demo. They knew if people actually played it they would never buy it. Trust me not having a demo available is a surefire WARNING sign about a game's quality. I have heard nothing good about this game and as a hardcore TMNT fan I will have to say NO thank-you.

Here is Angry Joe's let's play of it though so you can at least see gameplay and why it sucks so bad

• Like 2

There is a reason there isn't a demo. They knew if people actually played it they would never buy it. Trust me not having a demo available is a surefire WARNING sign about a game's quality. I have heard nothing good about this game and as a hardcore TMNT fan I will have to say NO thank-you.

Here is Angry Joe's let's play of it though so you can at least see gameplay and why it sucks so bad

Oh Angry Joe, one of my favorite game critics on YouTube.  :lol:

There is a demo available, don't know why they didn't release it yesterday though: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-trial/cid=EP0002-NPEB01425_00-TMNTPSNATVIRF001

My son has been in love with the turtles for the past few months so I'll probably pick this up so we can play together. I've been told the game is pretty bad but a 4 year old won't know that and $15 for some awesome gaming time with my son is an easy price to pay. We played Megamind together and I can't imagine this is worse than that.

I'll post some impressions if I get it.

Parker 

The game might be a bit difficulty for a 4 year old, it's not a button masher, it uses the same battle system from the Batman Arkham series.

There is a demo available, don't know why they didn't release it yesterday though: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-trial/cid=EP0002-NPEB01425_00-TMNTPSNATVIRF001

The game might be a bit difficulty for a 4 year old, it's not a button masher, it uses the same battle system from the Batman Arkham series.

It seems that the demo/trial is for Europe only, there's no demo in US store.

It seems that the demo/trial is for Europe only, there's no demo in US store.

That's weird though, anyway, you can just make an European account and download the game from there anyway, if you need an adress just go to google maps and use a Starbucks adress or something, that's what I did for my US account :P

Im at the end of chapter 3 now and i think this game is really good. Very enjoyable combat system and good music and visuals.

Camera really sucks though

^ 100% agree. Everything is cool, except for the damn camera. It gets Way too low at times.

• 4 months later...

This game is fun for a certain amount of time. After a few minutes of playing you run in to multiple glitches, especially when your online. Honestly I feel like this game was a waste of money and memory (both on my game console and my mind). I will honestly day to NOT get this game if your thinking about it. If you already have it then it's too late for you and I am sorry V_V. They should have waited to bring this game out. Sadly Nickelodeon is like Microsoft....Doesn't care how something comes out just wants the money for it. Again don't waste your time or money. You have better things to waste it on. And if you plan to pick it up for your kids. Depending on what age they are....They might just be able to tell how bad of a game TMNT is. Loved the turtles as a kid and I got this to play with a friend online. The online is terrible. Some of my friends couldn't see the cut scenes, enemies disappeared forever, camera went out of whack showing them the ceiling and nothing else. The floors disappeared. The turtles disappeared, the turtles glitched through the floor. Nickelodeon didn't care one bit to get this game tested and make sure that it plays right. They wanted to uphold to their release date, the wait of their fans (which I know people would rather wait longer then have to deal with glitches) and the money. All they really cared about was the money. Even on the Dojo which is like a tutorial (training grounds) the things you have to do glitch and you can't get passed it. The game is just terrible, its awful. I feel ashamed for the turtles and their reputation that is getting tormented and destroyed by Nick.

DO NOT GET THIS GAME.....

The game sort of plays like the Arkham series...If the Arkham series sucked. The style of fighting is actually pretty terrible. Combos are lost after a second of not hitting an enemy. You can't really do much to keep your combo either. You move towards a target and try to attack and you attack air on your first strike but on your second you attack. Honestly this game could have been way better. I just wish they tried harder to make it a better game. I work on getting the trophies for games even if I don't really like the game I try to get it but sadly this game I think I'm not even going to waste much time on.

This game is fun for a certain amount of time. After a few minutes of playing you run in to multiple glitches, especially when your online. Honestly I feel like this game was a waste of money and memory (both on my game console and my mind). I will honestly day to NOT get this game if your thinking about it. If you already have it then it's too late for you and I am sorry V_V. They should have waited to bring this game out. Sadly Nickelodeon is like Microsoft....Doesn't care how something comes out just wants the money for it. Again don't waste your time or money. You have better things to waste it on. And if you plan to pick it up for your kids. Depending on what age they are....They might just be able to tell how bad of a game TMNT is. Loved the turtles as a kid and I got this to play with a friend online. The online is terrible. Some of my friends couldn't see the cut scenes, enemies disappeared forever, camera went out of whack showing them the ceiling and nothing else. The floors disappeared. The turtles disappeared, the turtles glitched through the floor. Nickelodeon didn't care one bit to get this game tested and make sure that it plays right. They wanted to uphold to their release date, the wait of their fans (which I know people would rather wait longer then have to deal with glitches) and the money. All they really cared about was the money. Even on the Dojo which is like a tutorial (training grounds) the things you have to do glitch and you can't get passed it. The game is just terrible, its awful. I feel ashamed for the turtles and their reputation that is getting tormented and destroyed by Nick.

DO NOT GET THIS GAME.....

The game sort of plays like the Arkham series...If the Arkham series sucked. The style of fighting is actually pretty terrible. Combos are lost after a second of not hitting an enemy. You can't really do much to keep your combo either. You move towards a target and try to attack and you attack air on your first strike but on your second you attack. Honestly this game could have been way better. I just wish they tried harder to make it a better game. I work on getting the trophies for games even if I don't really like the game I try to get it but sadly this game I think I'm not even going to waste much time on.

You got a couple of things wrong in there buddy.

First of all Nickelodeon didn't make the game, Activision bought the rights for it and that was it for Nickelodeons involvement, and they have been doing a stellar job with the franchise BTW, the Turtles where never as successful as they are now (at least ever since the late 80's early 90's anyway) thanks to the brilliant TV series and the honestly good IDW comics.

They had enough time to polish the game, around 1 year to be exact, but no one knows exactly what happen with it, it's like they just forgot to release it on the PS3 until one day they sudenly remembered it and just released it as is.

Again, any trouble this game had it was all Activision's fault, everyone knows how they work, unfortunetly this one was just another victim of them (thank god the new one looks like it will be good, although, with Wayforward working on it it has all the chances to be).

You got one thing right though, it plays like a broken Arkham Asylum, although I don't feel it's THAT bad, but what I've seen on forums is that some people have a harder time with it then others, with some reports of no glitches at all so I think it goes down to how lucky you are with it.