Interesting Quotes/Sayings in video games that Just Made you think of Life for a min

DarknessKey92

"There are a million ways we should've died before today, and a million ways we can die before tomorrow. But we fight, for every second we get to spend with each other. Whether it's two minutes or two days, we don't give that up. I don't want to give that up. My vote: let's just wait it out. You know, we can… be all poetic and just lose our minds together." - Riley in TLoU Left Behind

"Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here, and now." - Vanille in FF13

"When prayers turn into promises, not even fate can stand in their way." - Fang in FF13

"[...] To them, we are just pets. That's it. Now it makes sense. I've been so blind. I was born into a fal'Cie world, raised on a fal'Cie leash. It was the only life I know how to live. When it was taken from me, I was completely lost. Without a master to follow - my life had no purpose. Hope, listen to me. This l'Cie curse, it took everything. My future. My dreams. I didn't want to think. So I fought instead. As long as I was fighting, nothing else was real I was running away. And you, Hope... You got swept along with me." - Lightning in FF13

"You don't believe in anything. You gave up on life before you were even born. Sat poisoning Cocoon from the inside, waiting for someone to come and destroy you. Sure, you think the end of the world is salvation. All you care about is death's release. So take it, and leave the rest of us alone. We don't think like that. When we think there's no hope left, we keep looking until we find some. Maybe Cocoon is past saving, but it's our home. And we'll protect it or die trying! We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" - Lightning in FF13

• Like 1

I get sad when a video game appropriates something from history or classic literature and then that thing becomes known as being from that game, rather then where it's actually from - Alamut (1938 novel)

I was gonna say the Anrew Ryan quote but since OP beat me to it I guess I'll just go with...

"You'll never take me alive you robotic sumbitches!"

- Scooter, Borderlands 2

• Like 1

• I'm going to rip your eye out and piss on your brain, you alien dirtbag!
  • I'm looking for an alien toilet to park my bricks. Who's first?
  • Oh yeah it's @$$ kickin time
  • What kind of sh!t ending is that!
  • When you go to hell, tell em Duke sent ya
  • Dammit!
  • Right in the jewel
  • Hail to the King baby

Duke Nukem - Duke Nukem Forever

"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go."

-Sanae Hanekoma, The World Ends With You (It's a Wonderful World)

"That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

Say what you want about Americans but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for, and these chumps had paid for some angry gringo without the sensibilities to know right from wrong.

Max Payne (Max Payne 3)

Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at. But... at least I always fought for what I believed in.

Gray Fox

• Like 2

."It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"Claire Farron FFXIII

"Then we have to run like there's no tomorrow, or there won't be a tomorrow - Modern Sonic to Classic Sonic (SONIC GENERATIONS)

"Maester Seymour. I trust my guardians with my life. But they are also my friends. I will not stand by and watch them be hurt. I will fight you, too!" -Yuna to Seymour (FFX)

those are what i can think of, they make me preeeetty much think of life for sure  :blush:

might not consider as a quote but I still love this line:

FFIX_Sorrow.jpg

FFIX_Despair.jpg

others:

"Don't you even! You think you die and that's that? You think die and everything'll be sugar and rainbows?" - Sazh (FFXIII)

and of course... my sig.... 

Edited by jeieem

She left me... my son... people that cared about us... I forgive her, but it don't make it any less wrong. You don't just end it 'cause it's hard. You stick it out, and you help the folks you care about. So let's figure a way outta here and get that little girl."

Kenny TWD Episode 5 No Time Left

• Like 2

additional from VLR:

"Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless, and finding happiness even in a world that hates it." -Tenmyouji

"You believed in me this whole time... Even though I look like... like this...? Thank you... Thank you so much..." - Luna (esp if you have seen her ending)

​"But there's no sense crying over every mistake, You just keep on trying till you run out of cake! And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun...for the people who are Still Alive!

- GLaDOS

I love this song that plays during the credits! It makes you think in whats the point of dwelling in the past.

I Honestly Struggled to find a Suitable Topic name for this Thread, but the point is: What are some Video Game Sayings you have Heard/read A Character say that just had you really think for a brief min and wonder. This is a life lesson in the form of a Quote/Saying coming from this character. That can not only be used to reference the Video Game's Life, But ours as well. I remember in 2010 me and this one guy were in class having to do a debate(I don't even remember if it was about Science or History), and he used "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted" line on me. I was thinking in my head "What?" while everyone just stayed silent as 1 guy was cracking up(at the time I had no idea about Assassin's Creed"). But I guess he thought it was suitable refrence, or he was just trying to act funny...IDK to be honest. But I never forgot that happened after learning it was a AC Quote. That's probably a bad example, but some sayings are actually good examples to use as references. For instance:

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."
―Andrew Ryan(BioShock)

“Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here, and now”
– Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)

“Death is inevitable. Our fear of it makes us play safe, blocks out emotion. It’s a losing game. Without passion you are already dead.”
–Max Payne(Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne)

I know some people find it silly or stupid for people to quote Video game Sayings in real life, but you'd be surprised. I'm sure if you heard that somewhere else you'd think it was very interesting. But not many people would dare use Video game quotes in real life lessons, cus they feel embarrassed.

Guys please don't post comedic posts or posts that don't hold a meaning behind them, I know people like saying catch phrases about characters, but if someone reads the posts with a serious outlook and reads a post that's meant to be funny; they will get upset. I didn't type this portion 1st because I didn't think people would do it, but since it's started to happen please just stick to the Topic.

First of all, great thread! I really like the topic,

Secondly, even though everyone thought this was a reasonably bad game, I really liked it and so;

'Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.' - Richter, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

May be a tacky catchphrase, but I think the words hold meaning.

• Like 1

Genis Sage: My stupid actions have killed many people. I don’t know what you did, and your crime won’t go away, but when you’re suffering it’s alright to at least say so

Raine Sage: Saving the world won't mean anything if we lose you! My soul will go on the world you create. But if your ideals die, then my hope dies as well. Living on without hope is worse than death, don't you think?

Lloyd Irving: No matter how right your words are, you have to actually carry it out in order for them to have any meaning

Lloyd Irving: It's more painful not being able to believe, than to worry about betrayal

Lloyd Irving: What will you accomplish by dying? Nothing! There is no meaning in dying!

Kratos Aurion: In order to do something, you must do it yourself, it is not enough to merely rely on someone else and go along with their ideals.

Kratos Aurion: That's why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred.

Presea Combatir: You criticize and attack people for their birth and upbringing - things they cannot change. It is you who are not human.

Presea Combatir: Lloyd, you are a kind person. But if you allow your kindness to interfere with your judgment, you’re merely weak.

Presea Combatir: Hatred... gives birth to nothing.

Presea Combatir: The deeper the wound, the more important it is to overcome it.

Regal Bryant: I like to think that I'm smart enough not to start trouble when I don't understand the situation.

Regal Bryant: Your will manifests itself in the words you speak. Whether they be curses, or words of joy, the souls of those words yields power.

Regal Bryant: No matter how hard I try to move forward, I am held back by the sin I have committed. I am so used to the weight of my sin that I am afraid to let it go. It's so easy to simply acknowledge myself as a criminal and let it envelop me in its apathy.

Regal Bryant: At this moment you have two options: choose what you desire to do or what you must do.

Mithos: With revolution comes sacrifice. If you cannot understand that, then you deserve to die with the others.

these are all from Tales of Symphonia

This game has so many good quotable's .

"Sometimes you have to lie to protect others. Sometimes you have to lie to stop from getting hurt. Sometimes everything you know in the world turns out to be a lie. But at the end of the day, the lie isn't what matters, it's what you do after you tell it. If you work hard enough, you can make it true." - Hope Estheim, FFXIII

Vergil: "Foolishness, Dante, foolishness. Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself."

Realized I need to start going to the gym.  :awesome:

Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win.

- Guru Gaspar, Chrono Trigger.

Definitely one of my favourite quotes of all time, it's so deep.

Edited by Skylitemoon
  • Like 1