Interesting Quotes/Sayings in video games that Just Made you think of Life for a min

DarknessKey92

"What is the difference between a man and a parasite?...A man builds,a parasite asks "where is my share?"...A man creates,a parasite says "what will the neighbors think?"...A man invents,a parasite says "watch out or you might tread on the toes of God"."

Andrew Ryan - Bioshock

This is the best one I can remember right now but there are more.Video games really are a masterpiece.

Some of the shit Scooter, the redneck that runs the Catch-a-Ride stands in Borderlands, says has me rolling:

"Hey, you the one killin' all the crap when people ask? The Catch-a-Ride near Fyrestone is more busted than my momma's girl parts. Really appreciate you takin' a poke at that. The uh, system, not my momma. Hot dog down a Skag den, know what I'm sayin'?"

"Lucky's an old buddy of mine - and by old buddy I mean 'asshole that ruined my momma's girl parts'. Sounds like he's in trouble so you go on ahead and try and keep him alive long enough so I can kill him at a later occasion."

It takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own. The truth is that you're here because you wanted to feel like something you're not: a hero.

• Like 1

what does it mean to live in truth? To wage war against the passing days? To pray to the unseen for a few breaths more? To raise grand cities from stone, and spawn new life in turn? Mankind has done this, yes, and more. But is the tapestry you weave truly of your own design? - Grigori - Dragon's Dogma 

There are so many quotes that could go here for me, but i'll throw a couple in from some of the games i'm currently working on:

"You are like the rivermen. They spread their nets wide, and pull up all manner of things. The sweet, the deadly, the poisonous, all together in one catch."

"When the last leviathan is gone, darkness will fall."

"When the sea wall broke, many strange things were drowned and forgotten."

-----The Heart, Dishonored

"You were defeated the moment you gave into this madness" --- The Templar, Diablo 3

"A coin is heavier than life. Life can buy a small blessing, but a heavy purse can pay for a miracle" -Eadgils [Ragnarok Odyssey Ace]

"Because I want to protect what's important to me... that's why I want power!" -Ragna the Bloodedge [blazblue: Chrono Phantasma]

"Amanda, we gave up our homes. But we're still alive. We're still fighting. And there's always another reason to keep on living." - Big Boss, MGS: Peace Walker

Edited by omegarevan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"There were over five thousand people alive in this city, the day before you arrived. How many are alive today, I wonder? How many will be alive tomorrow?" -  Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

'If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.'  - same game loading screen tagline later in the game

• Like 2

Big Boss: If you had been in my place back then, maybe you wouldn't have made the same mistakes I did. Ever since the day I killed The Boss with my own hands, I... was already dead.

Big Boss: This is good... isn't it?

Solid Snake: Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music, literature and movies...what we've seen, heard, felt...anger, joy and sorrow...these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The human race will probably come to an end some time, and new species may rule over this planet. Earth may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of life we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.

• Like 1

It's not a question of can or can't, there are some things in life you just do

Fighting without hope is no way to live, it's just another way to die

We live to make the impossible possible

-Claire "Lightning" Farron

"Haste Makes Waste" - Random Fisher NPC from "One Piece Unlimited World Red"

....I laughed at how vital that quote is coming from a NPC. I just started the game, so hopefully this guy secretly has a bigger role...anyway on that note i'll use his knowledge and explore more before moving on.

• 11 months later...

Dante's Inferno

Dante Alighieri: We moved toward the city, secure in our holy cause, and beheld such a fortress. And on every hand I saw a great plain of woe and cruel torment. Bitter tombs were scattered with flame made to glow all over, hotter then iron need be for any craft. And such dire laments issued forth as come only from those who are truly wretched, suffering and forever lost!

Great topic! With the PS4 Share function, i've been recording some of these moments. Like this, from Assassin's Creed Black Flag:

Edward: I want a Taste of the good Life. An easy Life.

Mary: No one honest has an easy Life, Edward. And it's aching for one that causes the most Pain.