Interesting Quotes/Sayings in video games that Just Made you think of Life for a min

DarknessKey92

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible." - Nathan Drake 

I played Hue yesterday...

"Did you know Hue, that every language first has a word for black and for white, for dark and for bright? The first colour described afterwards is always... red."

I heard this, and thought "Really? that seems too coincidental to be true." So I checked, turns out this is basically right. Dark and Bright are the first 'colours' to receive a word in a language, and if a language has a third color term then it's red.  See wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_term#Basic_color_terms

On 13-3-2017 at 4:08 AM, Zanreo said:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen, Pokemon G/S/C/HG/SS

That's always how I played. I decide on what the coolest Pokémon in a game are in advance and I try to get those and I'll play with them, even if they're not the strongest ones. People said that I should get Squirtle as my first Pokémon to make the first gym easier in the first game, but damnit I wanted a Charizard! Years later, I would start favouring water type starters, but I never checked if that would actually help my in the first hours of my quest.

"Memories are nice, but that's all they are." Rikku in FFX

"It's not just a question of can or can't. There are some things in life that you just got to do"- Lightning

Focus on your ultimate goal and shut out everything else. Still your mind. Move on instinct. Let doubt take over, and despair will cripple you.- Lightning FFXIII

"By ourselves we're no one. It's when other people look at us and see someone... that's the moment we each start to exist."- Yoshua in The World ends With You

"Don’t go the distance for other people. Do it for yourself."- Neku, The World Ends With You

If you can’t understand the value of “junk,” you’re worth less than junk yourself. -Yuri in ToV

• Like 1