So why is zero trying to kill her sisters exactly?

bart_brock

I don't really understand why exactly she wants them dead?

Zero just thinks that the world doesn't need 6 intoners, instead she thinks there needs to be one: herself.

Edited by ZeroCrysis09

VERY BIG SPOILER:

Please don't read unless you really want the ending. Everything clears up near the end chapters.

Some back story along with the spoiler. I would strongly advise you to read the novellas before the game and then there are some purposely made for after you finish the game.

Zero is actually the creator of the sisters, if you may say so. She was reincarnated with a flower in her eye, which is actually a curse. When she was reincarnated, the curse she also birth the other intoners. She cannot die unless from a dragon and when a beast harms her she is reborn through the flower in her eye.  If you read zero's novella on the official site, you will see they talk about other girls who are by her during their public murders. If you notice, the girls around zero that are dying are familiar to the intoners. The intoner sisters also have similar physical aspects of zero; intelligence (one/?), strength (two/?), hair (three/girl zero saw get her hair tortured with), nails (four/girl zero saw get her nails tortured), boast/breast (five/girl zero saw get her body tortured). The first branch I feel shows Zero just plainly wanting to kill her sisters and to make sure her and only herself has the power of the song. As you get through the rest of the Branches it seems to clear up more (except Branch B, as most people feel it had nothing to do with the story). Zero is really killing her sister for the good because she knows they are cursed. As you go into the other Branches you will soon learn the sisters are actually bats*** crazy. She wants to kill them so they don't do harm to people and ALL the intoners cannot die unless killed by a dragon (zero's sword is a dragons tooth) and alongside Mikhail. The reason she has Mikhail by her side is because once she kills all the intoners, she'll make Mikhail kill her to end all the Intoners and end the curse. Does she succeed or fail? Guess you'll have to wait till release :] I also wouldn't say a cult agreement was made between Michael and Zero. They pretty much just fight and Michael was a lonely Dragon and just wanted someone to fly around with. Not to sound cliche, but Zero doesn't really lose anything and instead gains a family/friend relationship with him.

Branch D will also bring memories from the first Drakengard so I hope you guys are buckled up and ready to rage :]

If anyone here who beat the game sees this, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on a certain aspect 

Edited by cloud1425
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

This is how I understood it.

Spoiler

Something happened to Zero before the main events of the game. The Flower that's in her right eye, is something evil and parasitic and keeps her dead body (yes, she's already dead) alive like some twisted puppet. Eventually, Zero realised if she allowed the Flower to bloom, the world would end.

When she tried to kill the Flower by extreme suicide attempts, there was with a volatile survival reaction and 'copies' of Zero were created in the form of the sisters. These sisters had their Flower in them and this created insurance in-case Zero succeeded in killing herself. In this process, her power as an Intoner got de-tuned and divided among the sisters. Zero realised that even if she somehow succeeded in ending herself, the Flower would eventually bloom and end the world from one of the sisters (One figured this out in one of the branches).

This is why the sisters had to die.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

So the thing goes like this.. the Flower is a deity or something sent by the gods, the antagonists of the series, to exterminate mankind. It found a girl on the brink of the death and parasited her. That girl was Zero. She was a girl that was sold at brothels and caught a terminal disease and at the moment of her death the last thing she saw was the Flower. Its intentions were to use Zero until it went to full bloom and use its powers to destroy mankind. As a side-effect Zero became an Intoner and was able to use the power of the song. Zero freaked out and tried to commit suicide, however the Flower would not permit that and made 5 copies of Zero, the Intoners. Zero then understood that the only way to exterminate the Flower is by killing these copies, her sisters, because the Flower's power also existed inside the other Intoners. Then she would ask for the help of a dragon to kill herself, so the Flower will be destroyed before it reached full bloom, since dragons are natural enemies of gods in the series. That dragon was Michael, who we see at the Prologue and in Zero's DLC and later his reincarnation Mikhail.

This is the basic gist of things. The whole story becomes even more confusing when you take the timelines into consideration and it will take an entire thread to explain.