RAGE - Finger Finger Fillet trophy...

Sinister_Being96

Ok I officially give up on platting this.. this is the most tedious bullshit I have ever come across in a game seriously the last round on this is RIDICULOUS!!! not only is there No pattern whatsoever but it completely changes with every retry so I can't even master it!!! ARGGHHHH 6 hours for a f*cking bronze and I still cant do it <_<  

• Like 3

Have you tried doing this?

Cheers man & I have tried that but I find it awkward becuase the moment I resume my game sometimes skips a frame so I always end up either stabbing my finger or not hitting anything at all..it just sucks becuase im having no problem with Nightmare difficulty but a lil minigame is preventing me from plat :(

This a huge pain in the butt to get... One of the most annoying trophies I ever got...

But it's doable. Here is a video demonstrating the method mentioned by Dr_Mayus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U-BQgx-kuc#t=140

Good luck.

Thanks ill try and give it another shot ;)

Yeah it is a pain but totally possible. I have the trophy myself.

Did you do the youtube method? just im struggling with that so I just do it the legit way and hope for the best lol

• Like 1

Cheers man & I have tried that but I find it awkward becuase the moment I resume my game sometimes skips a frame so I always end up either stabbing my finger or not hitting anything at all..it just sucks becuase im having no problem with Nightmare difficulty but a lil minigame is preventing me from plat :(

Thanks ill try and give it another shot ;)

Did you do the youtube method? just im struggling with that so I just do it the legit way and hope for the best lol

Honestly, I don't remember. It was over 2 years ago I got the platinum.   

• 3 months later...

I just got this trophy today and I realised something while trying for it. While round 5 does have a random pattern, it is only randomised once per game. Each of the 3 attempts or strikes you get in the round will all have the same pattern. It's handy to know that if you fail at a certain point in round 5 that your next attempt will have the same pattern so you can prepare for it, presuming you can remember what the pattern was. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this trophy myself actually. It helped when I had all three tries ready for the final round, although I had to retry only once. I assume the reason it came easier to me was that I was used to QTE's from God of War and couple of other games. Keep practicing and if it's still a problem, try pausing just as you press  :cross: , I'm told it helps. If you're having framerate issues try deleting gamedata and reinstalling, that might help.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

This trophy is easy just press X and start button at the same time.  Repeat for every single one.   

This trophy isn't easy, but the first 4 rounds are always the same, it only require practice and for the 5th round, there is the "Start+X" method

see here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U-BQgx-kuc

The worst about this trophy is that it's really frustrating, if you lose at the 5th round, you must restart from the beginning... I got it after about 10 try...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Have been trying to get this trophy on/off since I got the game a few years ago, and after spending the last few weeks getting the platinums for all 3 BioShocks, I thought, why not try again… an hour into trying to get this, I did it ! Soo happy!

Edited by johndrinkwater

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Playing this game now...this trophy is a serious pain in the ass. The overall issue isn't even Round 5 itself...it's having to completely start over when you fail. Starting over just takes you out if your rhythm...rounds 1-4 just feel like an absolute slog because you know them well enough at this point, and it's just a giant distraction for what you're really going for...so by the time you get BACK to round 5, your confidence is shot. I would have been more comfortable if we could just keep replaying round 5 over and over and the pattern would change after 3 strikes. 

Add to the fact that I clearly don't have the reflexes like I used to have being in my 30's now. There's just times I can literally feel my brain needing another nanosecond to register what I see. 

Plus I can't use the pausing technique either...it throws everything off to me, especially if the next move is the next finger. 

In order to keep myself from rage quitting and dreading even looking at this game...I'm just going to give myself 10 tries every day, if I fail all 10 I'll just continue with the actual game. I've done well on Round 5 a few times...so has to be a matter of time. 

EDIT: And it was just a matter of time. Got it legit on the third strike of my first try this morning. Thank fuck that's over with!

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...