PSNP Play Night / Weekend

AlteredFormula

Thanks for that PSXtreme, now I have milk and corn flake bits on my screen. :shakefist:

On-topic: I'm about dis close >...< from obtaining RDR from my cousin but for some reason my intrest in borrowing his game spurred his interest in the game again. I'll let you guys know how that turns out.

At least they didn't pass thru your nose...that would burn.

Ok Guys,

So the Play weekend is coming up. Before I annonce the hosts and times I need one last thing from you all.

If you could list the 4 games we're playing in the order of what you would like to play most, down to the least. Also include your time zone. This should help us organise the most people into games and work out who is best to host what.

I'll then post up more details on Thursday Evening.

Also...for GT5...what are we bringing to the party? Japanese classics? American Muscle? Euro Hot Hatches? Stock cars or tuned, pp restrictions, HP restriction, tire restrictions? What tracks? Ya know there is more to having a GT event than just showing up.Ya gotta match the cars up to the tracks or you get a floppin' mess...

Also...for GT5...what are we bringing to the party? Japanese classics? American Muscle? Euro Hot Hatches? Stock cars or tuned, pp restrictions, HP restriction, tire restrictions? What tracks? Ya know there is more to having a GT event than just showing up.Ya gotta match the cars up to the tracks or you get a floppin' mess...

For GT5 I think whatever cars we decide yo use should be stock. It will be much more evenly matched that way and I think it will be much more fun. Cars around 400pp are great fun, in my opinion.

Parker

Maybe there should be an announcement on the main site so more people hear about it

I'm not sure if ill be home that day but if i am ill defintely join the fun.

I got all these games (Battlefield 3, AC Revelations,GT5,RDR) so that wont be a problem

I dont have an online pass for ACR though cause im borrowing if from my brother and i dont really like AC multiplay

So:

1: GT5/BF3 (these are even as I have great fun in both, but maybe Id say BF3 for the gameplay as a whole, But GT5 is alot easier to organise as we can have a private server for ourself)

3: RDR (woo fun times, dont have undead nightmare though :/)

4: AC (dont own :( )

For GT5 I think whatever cars we decide yo use should be stock. It will be much more evenly matched that way and I think it will be much more fun. Cars around 400pp are great fun, in my opinion.

Parker

Ive had great fun with shuffle races personally... :)

So:

1: GT5/BF3 (these are even as I have great fun in both, but maybe Id say BF3 for the gameplay as a whole, But GT5 is alot easier to organise as we can have a private server for ourself)

3: RDR (woo fun times, dont have undead nightmare though :/)

4: AC (dont own :( )

Ive had great fun with shuffle races personally... :)

I'd actually forgotten about shuffle races. That gets my vote now. Shuffle races are extremely fun and goofy and would fit perfect with the theme of out PSNP weekend.

Parker

OK,

Guys after much pondering, I've had to make a harsh decision, Play weekend will become GT5 night. I've had to do this to stop the whole weekend from crashing and burning (as some might say.) This is due to a few things,

1.) Lack of posted interest in other games,

2.) Not wanting to waste other potential hosts time.

Finally (this is hard for me to admit!) probably not the best organisation at the helm here. For that, I truly apologise to each of you that have shown interest and commitment to the planned idea. Honestly I think I probably over complicated the whole idea, by trying to please as many people as possible.

Next time round, we'll make it simple, one game as a result of a vote by you guys on 1 night.

Finally I'd like to give a little shout out to 3 members in particular who were planned hosts for the weekend and have supported the misadventure 100%. In no particular order...

Wade_VC

GTRRacer001

xHeartlessKiddx

I really appreciate the fact that you guys were ready to support this and assist me with the background stuff, I feel like I've let you guys down in particular.

So GT5... This weekend. I'll post more tonight thats a bit more positive about it all.

Cheers.

• Like 3

OK,

Guys after much pondering, I've had to make a harsh decision, Play weekend will become GT5 night. I've had to do this to stop the whole weekend from crashing and burning (as some might say.) This is due to a few things,

1.) Lack of posted interest in other games,

2.) Not wanting to waste other potential hosts time.

Finally (this is hard for me to admit!) probably not the best organisation at the helm here. For that, I truly apologise to each of you that have shown interest and commitment to the planned idea. Honestly I think I probably over complicated the whole idea, by trying to please as many people as possible.

Next time round, we'll make it simple, one game as a result of a vote by you guys on 1 night.

Finally I'd like to give a little shout out to 3 members in particular who were planned hosts for the weekend and have supported the misadventure 100%. In no particular order...

Wade_VC

GTRRacer001

xHeartlessKiddx

I really appreciate the fact that you guys were ready to support this and assist me with the background stuff, I feel like I've let you guys down in particular.

So GT5... This weekend. I'll post more tonight thats a bit more positive about it all.

Cheers.

I think that you should pre-organise another in a month or two after this one, use this as a trial for the good and bad things, The first is never going to be the best. Im sure your decision is down the the fact that not many members have known about this event, In all honesty it just needs to be promoted more.

BUT.... I look forward to this weekend and playing with you all!

• Like 1

I think that you should pre-organise another in a month or two after this one, use this as a trial for the good and bad things, The first is never going to be the best. Im sure your decision is down the the fact that not many members have known about this event, In all honesty it just needs to be promoted more.

BUT.... I look forward to this weekend and playing with you all!

What I'll need to know is who's hostin'...so I can send out a FR so I can find their lounge...

No need to feel that way in the least. It is actually a shame, IMHO, that there were not more folks who were interested or even supported such a event. All you can do is offer, and if no one wants to participate, it is they who miss out.

Typically, the GT5 servers have been down most of the evening making it difficult for me to organise anything (I swear, the gods are against me!!) I'm thinking of going for this whole shuffle idea that you guys seem keen on.

I'll update ASAP, but I'm hoping to start this up at approx 22:30 GMT on Friday, which should mean that the US guys will be home from work and able to play. Lemme know if this just a stupid time for you all.

Typically, the GT5 servers have been down most of the evening making it difficult for me to organise anything (I swear, the gods are against me!!) I'm thinking of going for this whole shuffle idea that you guys seem keen on.

I'll update ASAP, but I'm hoping to start this up at approx 22:30 GMT on Friday, which should mean that the US guys will be home from work and able to play. Lemme know if this just a stupid time for you all.

I might go dupe some tickets and paints and such for some prizes!!