PSNP Play Night / Weekend

AlteredFormula

Hopefully I'll be able to join you all. My internet has been acting up lately so I have a feeling I'll be lagging all over the place, so if I am be sure to tell me as I don't want to ruin anyone elses time. Anywho, AF you'll be getting a friend request from me soon.

Ill be leaving for work at that exact time :( any chance it can be saturday night :/

I was under the impression it would be going on all weekend long, so I think there will be a room being hosted every night. I'll need confirmation of that of course. GTR, I'll be sending you a friend request too.

Parker

OK guys,

Just so you know I have my priorities straight, I was 20 minutes late for work today due to checking a few things out!!

Ok, So tonight will be Shuffle Races, and tracks will be voted on, by those of us playing. The lobby will be open from 22:00 GMT, with the idea of the first race being at 22:30 GMT.

I'll Initially be hosting the lobby which will be called PSNP GT5 (original, I know!) but I will set the lobby to switch in case of connection drops.

PSXtreme / Parker / GTR - I know you are all veterans of GT5 so

a) Will annihilate me

and

b ) Will have any ideas if I'm missing anything.

Do you guys have room for one more in the shuffle race?...

If you're a member here, of course we do. Just send me an FR stating that you are from PSNP.

Ill be leaving for work at that exact time :( any chance it can be saturday night :/

GTR :shakefist:

Seriously, I'll be opening a second session even if it ends up just being you and I!! I'll have a chat with those of us that are online tonight and try to work out an ideal time for us all on the Saturday / Sunday.

• Like 1

I'll be there. One thing 2 consider is that if the host doesn't have a fast connection (These are things I've learned over the past 3 weekends planing GT5 events) you may not see all of the racers in the room. Also there may or may not be voice chat because of the limit of bandwidth.

I've had races where some people could see everybody, but I couldn't. They wouldn't show on the leaderboard or on the track. However, it made for some LOL moments for those that could see everybody as we always seemed to be rubbin' each other violently (mostly because we couldn't see each other). I tried hostin' last weekend and we didn't have any voice chat, but once we went to another player's room, the voice came back. This is mostly a long-winded explanation that the host needs to have a strong bandwidth.

However another trick we learned, the host of the room doesn't have to be the one in charge. Confusing?

Example: Me, Parker and GTR all want to run a event. Parker has the weakest bandwidth and GTR has the strongest. GTR opens his lounge, Parker and I enter. GTR runs the set-up. However, GTR wants Parker to pick the races and set the restrictions...so both myself and GTR leave the room and come back in. That passes the "crown" of leadership to Parker who now can access the race set-up menus and run the event even though GTR is the "host."

I'll be happy to offer any insights when I get online for the event. However, I'm sure that there are more tricks that I have yet to figure out that some other MP veterans will have to share.

• Like 2

OK, so as far as I'm concerned, Play night wasnt a washout!! its 01:30 am and some of the guys are still playing ( I know, I'm a pussy, I need my sleep! ).

It was far from perfect, but I'd like to thank the following members for showing their faces when I was playing

ATHF89

GTRRacer001

PSXtreme_ (strangest sounding cat ever!)

HeySumbode

Angei3

Sly-Ripper

If any of you guys are on tomorrow and fancy more of the same I'll be setting up another room so GTR can get some time in.

OK, so as far as I'm concerned, Play night wasnt a washout!! its 01:30 am and some of the guys are still playing ( I know, I'm a pussy, I need my sleep! ).

It was far from perfect, but I'd like to thank the following members for showing their faces when I was playing

ATHF89

GTRRacer001

PSXtreme_ (strangest sounding cat ever!)

HeySumbode

Angei3

Sly-Ripper

If any of you guys are on tomorrow and fancy more of the same I'll be setting up another room so GTR can get some time in.

Note: ill be handing out free prizes over the course of this session if enough people attend. (5 special paints x2 and a grand prize of 2 level 21 tickets) Also these prizes will not be given to winners of races, but as random prizes :P

It was a good time. Now...did I sound strange or did my cat sound strange? Lucky you weren't there for the Ghostbusters 4-way...kitty wouldn't leave me alone for most of that event...

Believe it or not...a mic makes the difference in having an OK event and having a good one...IMO. Good cross-chatter really helps to strengthen the male bonding effect. BTW: the person I invited in (Tollyfan) is a plat owner of GT5. When I saw him online with GT5, I figured he come in and give everybody a challenge. He's good people.

I don't get the TV back until 5pm central (11pm GMT) cause "She Who Must Be Obeyed" gets exclusive TV watching for her weekend craft/cooking shows. However, I'll be on after that.

• Like 1

It was a good time. Now...did I sound strange or did my cat sound strange? Lucky you weren't there for the Ghostbusters 4-way...kitty wouldn't leave me alone for most of that event...

Believe it or not...a mic makes the difference in having an OK event and having a good one...IMO. Good cross-chatter really helps to strengthen the male bonding effect. BTW: the person I invited in (Tollyfan) is a plat owner of GT5. When I saw him online with GT5, I figured he come in and give everybody a challenge. He's good people.

I don't get the TV back until 5pm central (11pm GMT) cause "She Who Must Be Obeyed" gets exclusive TV watching for her weekend craft/cooking shows. However, I'll be on after that.

Thats my top mission for today, finding my Mic. It was a shame as I could only hear yourself and Tollyfan every now and again without it. In fact I'm not sure if he said it, or i just heard it, but i'm pretty sure he referred to his Mustang in one race as a giant white dick?!

Thats my top mission for today, finding my Mic. It was a shame as I could only hear yourself and Tollyfan every now and again without it. In fact I'm not sure if he said it, or i just heard it, but i'm pretty sure he referred to his Mustang in one race as a giant white dick?!

A shame you couldnt hear me :( PSX and Sumbode could :facepalm:

• Like 1

Yes...he did call the stang that...don't ask me why...it musta been an Oklahoma thing.

Sumbode's mic just kept poppin' in my ear...it was like a short circuit...maybe too close to the mouth and the breath was turning it on and off. But having the mic/headphones with the dual game volume/chat volume controls makes things easier for turning the game volume down and the chatter noise up.

I seem to have a problem with you chaps over on the other side of the pond with those strong accents. My ears don't filter well, and I have issuses translating your English into mine. Not to be meant as a slam, mind you...I have the same issue when listening to the XM radio and they have on a non-american comedian or even somebody in a movie with a sharp Aussie or Irish accent. It's my problem, not yours...but this way you'll understand if I don't respond...I didn't understand what was said...

Sorry I wasn't able to make it last night, I got a late night call from my buddy who grenaded the transmission in his truck so I had to go pick him up, haul his trailer and truck back to our shop and drop his tranny. Hopefully I'll be able to get on tonight, but my wife has shown our son Barney, and now they've stolen my new gaming setup (it's very comfortable) for their Netflix spot, leaving me no PS3...

I'll still send out some friend requests though, and I really hope that we can continue with the play nights,

Parker

• Like 1

Parker,

I've just left for the evening but PSX, ATHF & GTR are all still playing jump in when / if you can.

As for last night, Real Life has to take priority.

There will certainly be more game nights, but I believe we may have a little GT5 posse, which may mean some more action on that in the near future too.

Thanks also go to the same people from last night, with the addition of Connman88 who was able to join us tonight.

Spent a couple more hours on tonight...had a seriously LOL moment for the last race...we were doing the Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 (No Chicane). Started out coming down the big straight in last place...the RX-7 musta been tuned (shuffle settings) for a high top speed, cause I caught and passed 3 cars. Came down to the rt hand corner and I stepped out to the left and started braking mad hard. Slipped a bit too far to the left and the back end started to come around and I was pointing towards rt hand wall...then all of a sudden I see the other 3 cars go screaming past my windshield like bullet tracers. Somehow, after scarin' GTR with the LOL I pulled the car outta the skid and continued on chuckling all the way...I think one car is still embedded in the wall.

driving.gif

• Like 1

Spent a couple more hours on tonight...had a seriously LOL moment for the last race...we were doing the Circuit de la Sarthe 2005 (No Chicane). Started out coming down the big straight in last place...the RX-7 musta been tuned (shuffle settings) for a high top speed, cause I caught and passed 3 cars. Came down to the rt hand corner and I stepped out to the left and started braking mad hard. Slipped a bit too far to the left and the back end started to come around and I was pointing towards rt hand wall...then all of a sudden I see the other 3 cars go screaming past my windshield like bullet tracers. Somehow, after scarin' GTR with the LOL I pulled the car outta the skid and continued on chuckling all the way...I think one car is still embedded in the wall.

driving.gif

I was eating some food and I hear you start laughing madly, oh btw thats the RX7 normally.... Fast car :D

Right, I'll be closing this thread for now. Thanks to everyone, who took part & everyone who took an interest, even if you didnt plan to join with the night in its various guises.

Its been great to start to get to know a few more of you, in terms of gaming and look forward to playing with more of you in the future.

Expect to see a new thread soon with a set date and a poll for the next Playnight Game.