What's Your Go-to Difficulty Level in Games?

FluffyAssassin64

Difficulty Choices  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What's your standard difficulty choice in games? (I know the names differ between games, but you get the idea)

• Very easy (Pure story; I want to get through as quickly as possible and feel like a god while doing it!)
    • Easy (Less of a challenge; give me the story!)
    • Normal (Usually what the developer's 'intend')
    • Hard (Offers a stiff challenge)
    • Very Hard (You'll need to use everything you've got very well in order to survive)
    • Extreme/Impossible (You usually die very quickly, the enemies are crazy strong, no items, etc.)

I normally start with normal and play with the difficulty the developer intended to be the best experience to enjoy the game ie  not too easy but not too hard i normally only play harder difficulties if there's trophies related to it and funny thing is after playing one playing through your first play through you always find your hard playthrough even easier eg the last of us i died more on easy than on the hardest play through (excluding new dlc difficulty)

I personally feel that difficulty in games don't have a huge gap in them the harder difficulty you play in generally just requires you to be more patient or conservative you don't necessarily have to have a better skill at playing games although there are one or two games that are skilled based but generally its just perseverance and patience

It depends on the game, but I generally pick the difficulty level immediately above Normal, with two exceptions. I always start Kingdom Hearts games on Proud Mode and Tales of games on the hardest mode available at the beginning, the mechanics all along the games in those two franchises are somewhat similar, so Normal gets a bit boring eventually :)

• 4 weeks later...

The hardest difficulty available, doesn't matter if there is a trophy for difficulty.
Even if I have to crouch or prone through the game the whole time (like I did in BF3 singleplayer haha).

Mainly to play the game for a longer time and have more of a challenge.

Edited by NewNamek

I usually go with normal as my default setting for difficulty, however if there's difficulties that require unlocking by clearing other difficulties, I sometimes go with the highest available.Any genre I'm not proficient with, such as FPS or Flight Simulators will always start off on easy.

My go-to difficulty depends on the trophies. If a game offers no additional trophies for the different difficulties, I will mostly play on easy.

If I like the game, I will play it eventually again on a higher difficulty.

If trophies are related to difficulty, I will try the hardest one avalible, unless they require a lot of knowledge of the game.

For instance, I'm playing Strider on the hardest difficulty which is actually quite easy. Playing Outlast on the hardest difficulty would probable be stupid.

I hate the difficulty trophies they make me hate the game while I am playing through it, easy allows me to enjoy the game and have fun with it.

If the game is too hard I will just drop and forget about it and not bother with any of the trophies.

The difficulty in dead space 3 was alright it wasn't too hard.

Dead space 2 was harder with only having 3 saves on hardcore I saved near the end of the chapter 5 at chapter 13 I was too jumpy at this point after getting so far without saving so i saved here and near the end of chapter 14.

Of orcs and men that was hard, I was about ready to drop it when I got lucky on the final boss. 

The Cursed Crusade I kept getting killed by the same enemy and I probably will never go back to this.

Edited by DEVILBONE