SPOILER (I think.) Boss (I need help...)

EDIT: !!!LABYRINTH OF PRIDE BOSS SPOILER!!!

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to be posting something like this, wasn't exactly sure where, if anywhere...

I need help fighting Alec.

I already tried pumping ether to max, I still get cleaved to death, tried using mecunite, doesn't help me any further,

When I last attempted the fight it was with all of my children at Lv40+ mainly made up of paladins, blacksmiths, and clerics,  protagonist 38 and fuuko at 33

Is there an item I'm supposed to be using or a certain team combination? I've attempted this fight over 10 times even shoving all of the fruit i have on 

the protagonist. 

Edit: I should've titled it Labyrinth of Pride Boss fight instead of being so vague.. I'm sorry guys.

Edited by xEPCx

Well I can see I wasn't the only one struggling of that boss fight.. Alec is Lv 55 so your gonna need to be in a higher level.

Make your party at least 50+ and have the latest equpiment with better DEF.

Make sure your party is fully healed before fighting Alec.

Get some multi-potions (which you could get by defeating those cute ballon monsters) and least mecunite once.

The plan is to attack his weak points first with the protagnist and then go mecunite and fully healled the party before Alec second turn. Basically you just want the protagnist attack Alec weak points even if you can't do any skill moves. And your children just shield and keep using multi-potions because this is to avoid Alec Spamming Attacks.

If he also focus his attacks on one of your children teams but not the the whole team, make sure that team keeps alive and attack with your other teams.

Hope this info helps... ^_^

Well I can see I wasn't the only one struggling of that boss fight.. Alec is Lv 55 so your gonna need to be in a higher level.

Make your party at least 50+ and have the latest equpiment with better DEF.

Make sure your party is fully healed before fighting Alec.

Get some multi-potions (which you could get by defeating those cute ballon monsters) and least mecunite once.

The plan is to attack his weak points first with the protagnist and then go mecunite and fully healled the party before Alec second turn. Basically you just want the protagnist attack Alec weak points even if you can't do any skill moves. And your children just shield and keep using multi-potions because this is to avoid Alec Spamming Attacks.

If he also focus his attacks on one of your children teams but not the the whole team, make sure that team keeps alive and attack with your other teams.

Hope this info helps... ^_^

I'll try but I made the team I used with Fuuko all independent so making a new batch.

Does the heroine matter so much?

and judging by your response you weren't aiming for certain team combinations like March of Saints combination boost or anything

or were you?

I'll try but I made the team I used with Fuuko all independent so making a new batch.

Does the heroine matter so much?

and judging by your response you weren't aiming for certain team combinations like March of Saints combination boost or anything

or were you?

no I never use any team combination at all and as for the heroine it could be any which ever your using..

no I never use any team combination at all and as for the heroine it could be any which ever your using..

I'll try pushing for Lv60 or so then just incase ugh...

This is the only thing that has actually stopped me in progress and I hate how you have to fight ALL of them all over again not just Alec.

Also, is there a specific spot you've gone to, to farm the balloon things?

I'll try pushing for Lv60 or so then just incase ugh...

This is the only thing that has actually stopped me in progress and I hate how you have to fight ALL of them all over again not just Alec.

Also, is there a specific spot you've gone to, to farm the balloon things?

there should be in the sloth lab floor 10. They appear rarely and and can give out exp. Also if you havent done any lab missions try to accept the ballon monsters if its there. Its helps out finding them..

@xEPCx it also helps to purchase speed enhancing items (5000 each). One of my childrem, which is a dungeon master at level 45, has the ability called Trap Circus, and it does good critical damage.

@Ichiban Alec always does a 360 attack and attacks everyone, so there is no way to avoid him unless you are lucky enough to increase your stats in speed (SPD).

@xEPCx it also helps to purchase speed enhancing items (5000 each). One of my childrem, which is a dungeon master at level 45, has the ability called Trap Circus, and it does good critical damage.

@Ichiban Alec always does a 360 attack and attacks everyone, so there is no way to avoid him unless you are lucky enough to increase your stats in speed (SPD).

I don't have access to many additional children aside from the first page, paladin, magic knight, lancer, hunter, bond master, astromancer. No idea what I'm doing wronng to not be able to see the others but yeah...

I'll try to stock up on speed items as much as I can though I only average around 80,000G 

Headed out at the moment so I won't be able to respond for quite a bit but I'll take what was posted thus far into account and try again once all of my stuff is near 50 then if that fails I'll grind my way up to 60.

Thank you very much for the responses thus far guys!

• 2 weeks later...

The balloon Monster always show up on the Last floor of a dungeon. And there is usually 1 to units on the floor before you need to return to city and reload the labyrinth.  Either use Monster search item to find them or accept the quest to kill them and they will be highlighted yellow. They usually give me about 12 k exp per fight atm.

From my personal experience, using BP skills like "Bonding Slash" or Tara (sp?) (I use Serina, though I am pretty sure every female leads learn their own unique BP attack based on their elements) is your best bet.

Bonding Slash was able to hit him for 50% from what I recalled when I was about level 40+.  Also since he likes to seal your skills with every swing, try to get accessories to counter it or a lot of chatter herbs (sp?).  My whole game plan was just making sure everyone is healed with all 3 units of Star Children and Bonding Slash him twice.

The other thing is to almost never believe the "turn" bar on the right, because he will most likely hit you and gain another turn because he is so fast for some reason.  Try to be at full hp 99% of the time and use whatever BP attack you have against him.

Hope that helps and good luck.