Quickest roadmap to platinum?

TrophyHunter-uk

Can anyone post a quick(ish) road map to platinum fallout 3?

I've platinumed it on my main account and want to do it again on this one but don't want to spend another 80+ hours on it! I've heard there's a walkthrough that makes it possible to plat in under 20 hours, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Well 50+ hours is still better than 80+ I've been looking online for the best guide, character build, side mission routes etc, but all I can seem to find is let's plays :(

If you weren't following a guide and roadmap before, I recommend checking the one by Harry94_ and Terminator. Just read it and follow it, you don't need to worry about things like 'side mission routes' since you're going to need the ones required for the platinum anyway.

You really don't need fallout 3 trophy list is basically complete all main missions and few sidemissions. You should watch out for Nuka Cola but mostly Nuka Cola Quantum because the are related to one quest. You have to also get all of the bobbleheads, where only 2 of them are missiable. 1 is in Vault 101 where you start and the other is in Raven Rock. That's pretty much it and there's no way to make it faster.

• Like 1

By the way, out of the methods listed in that walkthrough for obtaining bad karma there is only 1 that is worth doing and that's killing good NPCs for -100 karma per. Everything else listed gives much less negative karma, being a cannibal is -1 karma, stealing from good NPCs, accessing/hacking computers and picking locks is -5 karma each.

However, the method I swear by, as it's much easier/faster, is giving Psycho to Paulie Cantelli in Rivet City which results in -100 each time. Save your game before you start. When you give him Psycho he will go to a room at the end of a corridor on the same level as his room and if you start while in his room then he probably won't even make it around the corner before you've done what you need to. Talk to him and select "Here. Have some psycho.", he'll take it and start walking off, just immediately talk to him again and select the option again, just rinse and repeat until you have neutral karma, make a separate save there and then continue giving him psycho until you have evil karma.

After that just level up however you want. I typically stockpile my scrap metal and then turn them all in to Walter in Megaton at the water processing plant up from Craterside Supply but any method you care to use will work. Once you level and have the appropriate trophy then just load the other karma save and repeat what you just did to level and then after that is done just load your save before you started with Paulie Cantelli and continue on your way.

NOTE: And this is very important. You want to make sure that your original save before you start doesn't get overwritten as even just giving 1 Psycho to Paulie Cantelli will result in him OD'ing and will make it impossible to use this method for any future karma trophies you have to do.

• 11 months later...

Yap at least 50+ hours with skip conversations and fast travels, i am on the last mission with +/-40 hours but have more a few sidequests and specific trophies so i think 60 hours at the least i will have to "waste" getting trophies :P

I've done it in 23.

Here's a few tips:

Play on good karma, but save right before you level up to one of the level up trophies. Then you can go back, rampage like crazy to get negative karma, then level up for the neutral and bad. It's easier to get bad karma then good.

Don't kill anyone important... Obviously.

Get the Nuka-cola perk that transfers Nuka-cola into the special stuff you need for the mission.

I'll edit if I think of anymore- good luck

• 1 month later...

The problem with killing good NPC'S is that you get XP for it and therefore rank up before changing karma status. I'm naturally an evil player so I had to donate to the preacher in Megaton to gain positive karma. If I was good I would just log in and out of someone's computer for a few minutes and usually drop at least one karma status and wouldn't gain any XP from it. That way you're safe from ranking up unintentionally.

• 1 year later...