No Trophies in Pre-owned Vita Game (Not true)

Artemisthemp

That is fucking bullshit. This reminds me of that story about save data from Resident Evil Mercenaries only working on one 3DS. What a sneaky little maneuver by greedy little companies. I bet they are reclining in their leather computer chairs with a smug little look on their face and thinking about doing this with other games/systems. Dick move, bro.

That is fucking bullshit. This reminds me of that story about save data from Resident Evil Mercenaries only working on one 3DS. What a sneaky little maneuver by greedy little companies. I bet they are reclining in their leather computer chairs with a smug little look on their face and thinking about doing this with other games/systems. Dick move, bro.

Why is it a dick move?

Because you can't take your friends Vita game and asap get Platinum?

Wow. The closer this gets to launch the more reasons I have to not buy it.

Same, it seems Sony just wants this thing to die before launch. When it was first announced it was awesome. Now it's so horrid it's not funny.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/12/20/used-vita-game-erase-it-or-no-trophies/

So you can earn Trophies on used PS Vita, but you need to factory Reset the Cartried.

Ok that's better but makes no sense to do.

i have now made my decision, to not buy a ps vita.

Why spend $300 on a console if i can't get trophies from used games i buy, this kinda pushes me to give up trophies but i think i'll give up vita instead. If they do the same to ps4 i'm not gonna buy that either, i'll stay with my ps3 if it need be, i dont mind, i have many more games to last me years.

Sony need to rethink, they need to realize when they cross the line.

EDIT: Just realized it deletes save data? That's fine then. As long as it only deletes that specific game data then i will still buy (When vita price drops)

i have now made my decision, to not buy a ps vita.

Why spend $300 on a console if i can't get trophies from used games i buy, this kinda pushes me to give up trophies but i think i'll give up vita instead. If they do the same to ps4 i'm not gonna buy that either, i'll stay with my ps3 if it need be, i dont mind, i have many more games to last me years.

Sony need to rethink, they need to realize when they cross the line.

:sigh: if you payed attention to the posts you would realize that you can earn trophies on used VITA games. If you play a used game it tells you you must delete teh game's previous data in order to earn trophies then gives you a yes or no option. Clicking yes allows you to earn trophies.

• Like 1

:sigh: if you payed attention to the posts you would realize that you can earn trophies on used VITA games. If you play a used game it tells you you must delete teh game's previous data in order to earn trophies then gives you a yes or no option. Clicking yes allows you to earn trophies.

I did, i edited my post a minute after posting.You quoted non edited. :ninja::lol:

Didn't read comments; But I want to WARN YOU that you can still earn trophies on pre-owned vita games! Who wrote this article? What an idiot! - The truth of the matter is; You can't earn trophies from somebody else's savedata. (Isn't that the same on PS3 already?) so upon purchasing a pre-owned game, you'll need to start a new game.

THAT'S IT.

How is that complicated, or a hassle? It'd be cheating if Sony allowed you to earn trophies on lets say, a completed save by somebody else whom you haven't even met.

So to get this straight, YOU CAN STILL EARN TROPHIES on pre-owned Vita games, as long as you're NOT EARNING THEM ON SOMEBODY ELSES SAVE DATA! - Jesus people.

• Like 1

Didn't read comments; But I want to WARN YOU that you can still earn trophies on pre-owned vita games! Who wrote this article? What an idiot! - The truth of the matter is; You can't earn trophies from somebody else's savedata. (Isn't that the same on PS3 already?) so upon purchasing a pre-owned game, you'll need to start a new game.

THAT'S IT.

How is that complicated, or a hassle? It'd be cheating if Sony allowed you to earn trophies on lets say, a completed save by somebody else whom you haven't even met.

So to get this straight, YOU CAN STILL EARN TROPHIES on pre-owned Vita games, as long as you're NOT EARNING THEM ON SOMEBODY ELSES SAVE DATA! - Jesus people.

I made this Article and had you read the Comment would you know, that we found out the thing with Earn Trophies on Used Copy (just can't renamed the article)

If you buy a used PS3 game it doesn't come with save game data, so what's the real difference with Vita resetting the cartridge?

Personally, when I get my Vita and have finished a game, I'd wipe the cartridge before I traded it in. I don't see why anyone else should benefit from my hard work without my prior consent (I don't mean trophies but if I've unlocked everything in a game).

So the vita games are basically going to be like the Gameboy games, such as Pokemon. I guess that's good being that all the info is saved on the game itself but then again sucks at the same time. What if you wish to share the game with someone you live with? You would have to delete your work before hand or finish the game first. Sounds pretty silly but eh whatever

So the vita games are basically going to be like the Gameboy games, such as Pokemon. I guess that's good being that all the info is saved on the game itself but then again sucks at the same time. What if you wish to share the game with someone you live with? You would have to delete your work before hand or finish the game first. Sounds pretty silly but eh whatever

If I understand correctly you can do that too no problem, but your friend will not be able to earn trophies unless he delete your save-data.

What I dont understand why all this hassle ?? We should have the option to choose to start a NEW GAME on a new save-data without deleting the previouse save-data, it will be very practical, instead of forcely delete my save-data if I want to share the game with my friend AND he also wanna earn trophies.

If I understand correctly you can do that too no problem, but your friend will not be able to earn trophies unless he delete your save-data.

What I dont understand why all this hassle ?? We should have the option to choose to start a NEW GAME on a new save-data without deleting the previouse save-data, it will be very practical, instead of forcely delete my save-data if I want to share the game with my friend AND he also wanna earn trophies.

If he wants the game, he should buy it.

It's like going to the movies, and arguing that you can't bring all your friends along for free because you paid for it. It's the same as pirating really, lending people games. (I lend people games too) but; If it's good, I always buy it.

If he wants the game, he should buy it.

It's like going to the movies, and arguing that you can't bring all your friends along for free because you paid for it. It's the same as pirating really, lending people games. (I lend people games too) but; If it's good, I always buy it.

You see IMO this is not pirating, even if SONY disagree with me.

Sharing my own games or movies with my friends WILLINGLY is not pirating in my opinion.

Acording to law it's pirating.

Even play the game while they watching is a break on the EULA.

I know, but you dont have to obey to everything they THINK is wrong. This is a stupid law IMO. I want to exchange games with my friend like I always do since the SEGA MEGA DRIVE. I want to invite my friends over to my house and have a good time toghether and vice versa. What an unsocial law they created........ only because they are afraid this will harm their buesness.

If SONY think this is pirating then they can call me a pirate for all I care