Walking Dead Season One GotY Edition - "June 17th"

KitsuneChaos

According to a GameStop.com posting, Walking Dead Game of the Year Edition is hitting the PS4 on 06/17/14 for $29.99.

100846b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/walking-dead-game-of-the-year-edition/114757

Guess this means that we'll have a third run of a rather simple platinum. 

Edited by KitsuneChaos
  • Like 2

Well, they leaked a few other things recently that turned out to be true, so we'll see.

Out of personal experience with the company (five years employment), I don't think I can recall a single posting for pre-order that hadn't been a legitimate title or release. And the only times that things were recalled pertained solely to cancelled projects, or things that eventually became retitled ("FUSE" is a good example of the latter).

I don't think I'll play this one again but I really hope they release the 2nd season on the PS4 too, that is one of the reasons I haven't picked it up yet.

Parker

I'm still a bit begrudging when it comes to playing the Vita version, being that I already did both a PS3 and Xbox 360 playthrough of the first season.

If anything, I'll probably wait for a full anthology release on the PS4, unless they manage to have some sort of sale where we get the PS4 version for less than $5, digital or retail (more than likely the former).

47764050.jpg

Hahahahahhahaha, loved it

But seriously? This game is awesome, but it's not fair pay 3 times for the same game. I already bought on Vita and season pass on ps3.

Funny thing is I'm waiting to see what I will do with season 2, I played the first episode on ps3, but I don't know what to do.

Out of personal experience with the company (five years employment), I don't think I can recall a single posting for pre-order that hadn't been a legitimate title or release. And the only times that things were recalled pertained solely to cancelled projects, or things that eventually became retitled ("FUSE" is a good example of the latter).

I know of a few from when I worked there, and from afterwards as a customer. Tales of Vesperia was originally listed on PS3 as well as 360 when it was originally released, Phantom Breaker was listed on both systems despite only getting a limited XBLA only release, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories was originally listed as Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Final Fantasy Agito XIII(which is now Type-0) was listed alongside FFXIII and vsXIII despite never being confirmed for the west, and Onechanbara Z was listed as well. Usually these things are corrected fairly quickly, but things do get listed that aren't actually getting a release. It's mostly with localizations, but that's not to say that other mistakes don't happen.

For something like The Walking Dead, I'm sure it's legit. I just wanted to mention that mistakes do happen, so it's best to take preorder listings with a grain of salt until it's officially confirmed by other sources.

Edited by ExHaseo

I think I'll pass unless cross-buy as it just isn't a title that screams play me again to me.

I know of a few from when I worked there, and from afterwards as a customer. Tales of Vesperia was originally listed on PS3 as well as 360 when it was originally released, Phantom Breaker was listed on both systems despite only getting a limited XBLA only release, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories was originally listed as Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Final Fantasy Agito XIII(which is now Type-0) was listed alongside FFXIII and vsXIII despite never being confirmed for the west, and Onechanbara Z was listed as well. Usually these things are corrected fairly quickly, but things do get listed that aren't actually getting a release. It's mostly with localizations, but that's not to say that other mistakes don't happen.

For something like The Walking Dead, I'm sure it's legit. I just wanted to mention that mistakes do happen, so it's best to take preorder listings with a grain of salt until it's officially confirmed by other sources.

Phantom Breaker has actually not had an English release but the spinoff Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds has they're completely different one is a fighting game and the other a retro brawler like Streets of Rage/Golden Axe. It was supposed to get one long ago but it has had delay after delay I am doubtful it'll release especially since then Phantom Breaker EXTRA the enhanced version released which was a PS3/360 release unlike the original being 360 only.

I think I'll pass unless cross-buy as it just isn't a title that screams play me again to me.

Phantom Breaker has actually not had an English release but the spinoff Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds has they're completely different one is a fighting game and the other a retro brawler like Streets of Rage/Golden Axe. It was supposed to get one long ago but it has had delay after delay I am doubtful it'll release especially since then Phantom Breaker EXTRA the enhanced version released which was a PS3/360 release unlike the original being 360 only.

It really did have a US release on XBLA, it was just a very limited release. You could only get it for about a week, and then it was taken down for some reason. Certain people have said they have the game and can play it, but it's speculated that only about a couple hundred people were actually able to get it. I'm guessing that someone messed up and accidentally listed it, and that the only reason it wasn't listed forever was because 7sixty couldn't pay the listing fees.