Walking Dead Season One GotY Edition - "June 17th"

KitsuneChaos

Actually excited to see how the PS4's hardware affects the framerate issues and other minor bugs.

From what I've seen in TTG games of the past, the hardware has no difference really in framerate issues - their optimization team is just bunch of monkeys running wild and free. First time I played BttF on PC I was quite stunned to see it stutter and have FPS issues, even though my computer ain't that much of a beast, but playing it again on PS3 and the exact same issues again. Won't even start how bad Sam & Max is/was...

So I doubt jumping to PS4 in itself makes no difference at all.

• Like 1

No you aren't the only one. Funny, i don't remember this many ports when PS3 and 360 came out. Seems to be alot of ports this time around. 

PS3 didn't seem to have this many ports when it came out. However, look at how the recent "Collections" are selling. Jak and Daxter, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Devil May Cry, Killzone, Prince of Persia... PS2 to PS3 ports keep on coming. Sony has learned that there are always new generations of gamers who never played or even owned prior consoles. Also, some people need more justification for purchasing a brand new console like a PS4. Putting out prior hits on the new console bolsters the numbers of titles available.

I said it before and it's still true. One less port does NOT mean one more new game. There can be ports AND new games. Obviously, a port should take significantly less time than developing, producing, marketing and establishing a new title. A new title is ALWAYS a gamble, a port of a hit is guaranteed income. No developers seem to only want to put out ports, but if putting out a port keeps them relevant while they work on new titles, it's a good business decision.

I happen to think GOTY editions are great and absolutely influence my decision to pick up a title I would never have considered before. This is going on my list of PS4 titles to pick up when I get one.

PS3 didn't seem to have this many ports when it came out. However, look at how the recent "Collections" are selling. Jak and Daxter, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Devil May Cry, Killzone, Prince of Persia... PS2 to PS3 ports keep on coming. Sony has learned that there are always new generations of gamers who never played or even owned prior consoles. Also, some people need more justification for purchasing a brand new console like a PS4. Putting out prior hits on the new console bolsters the numbers of titles available.

I said it before and it's still true. One less port does NOT mean one more new game. There can be ports AND new games. Obviously, a port should take significantly less time than developing, producing, marketing and establishing a new title. A new title is ALWAYS a gamble, a port of a hit is guaranteed income. No developers seem to only want to put out ports, but if putting out a port keeps them relevant while they work on new titles, it's a good business decision.

I happen to think GOTY editions are great and absolutely influence my decision to pick up a title I would never have considered before. This is going on my list of PS4 titles to pick up when I get one.

Yes that is true. We are seeing more of an influx of indie and ports though. I myself would rather take a gamble on a new game on a new system than keep playing indie and ported games. While the old games, i will admit, are fun to play and nice to see in a newer generation they need to start putting out some more new fresh games. So far other than Knack which i haven't bought yet. I know that will be the first on PS Plus. I've enjoyed all the new big AAA titles. 

It is kinda nice by the end of the year PS4 will have 5 MMO's. That's kinda neat. If only Sony would patch in gaming mice/keyboard support. Oh well guess i'll see what the year brings. Wouldn't be to bad to get another easy plat on walking dead. 

Yea GOTY's additions are nice. I have quite a few myself. All the dlc for one low price. Can't beat that. Although calling TWC a GOTY is weird to me. It does deserve it though. Nice game. 

I have no problems paying 15 bucks for an excellent game!

Don't expect it to happen too soon, as this retail copy will be going for double that. 

Although calling TWC a GOTY is weird to me. It does deserve it though. Nice game. 

Well the game did actually win the Game of the Year award for 2012. xD