What series has only gotton worse?

DrBloodmoney

I kinda sorta want to say Silent Hill. After 3 the game feels a little lukewarm. 1-3 scared and excited the hell out of me - I love them. The titles after that just seem to try and recapture that feeling but just can't. I was so close to getting Downpour and I mean close. But I saw the game play and I just didn't get the same feeling I did with 1-3. I still believe in the series though.

Well, I never said it was good or bad. When it was announced i checked Rocksteady wasn't involved in the project, then for me it's not part of the original series. What made you have "that feeling that it would be bad"? because it's a prequel?

Just the feeling that it was getting farted out just to fill a gap in the release schedule i guess, and the addition of multiplayer kinda showed that they were clearly focusing the game in a direction that wouldn't appeal to me - tbh i find it difficult to remember what it was exactly about the coverage of it that made me disinterested, but i do remember thinking "man, i bet that'll be poor" way ahead of time.... Gaming intuition i guess ;)

• Like 1

Just the feeling that it was getting farted out just to fill a gap in the release schedule i guess, and the addition of multiplayer kinda showed that they were clearly focusing the game in a direction that wouldn't appeal to me - tbh i find it difficult to remember what it was exactly about the coverage of it that made me disinterested, but i do remember thinking "man, i bet that'll be poor" way ahead of time.... Gaming intuition i guess ;)

When it was announced that Rocksteady weren't the developers I started to have my doubts about the game. It is still a pretty decent game, especially since I picked it up for $20, but nowhere near Asylum or City (which is my personal favorite) in my opinion.

Parker

Resident Evil...the horror part of the game is completely gone.

COD...the yearly release is not helping.

Realize that most first games of the series have bad points and most of the time the sequels make some improvement.  I took this thread as the amount of enjoyment I get from the game.

• Street Fighter: Too much DLC, wasn't as good as SFIII Third Strike.. it was a downgrade imho and Ultra is just rewrites from characters from Street Fighter X Tekken and Cammy with a few added moves.

I was coming in here to say this. Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the absolute peak of the series, and it's not officially part of the flagship games. Resident Evil has also been declining; RE6 was horrendous. 

Also, on a side note, while lots of people love the Disgaea games, I feel that the original was the best by far. 

COD Series:
MW2 was my favorite in the series, MW4 was just okay to me (waits for the trolling..)

WAW was the only treyarch game I liked in the series..  hated the rest (and unfortunately own them too :()

Here's a throwback...

Tony Hawk

They were great until Underground 2 after that you could tell the decline .

But of course the first 4 pro skaters are the best.

My Series that stayed consistent with pleasing me:

Rock Band 

All three games were great, and i can't wait to see what they do next gen. (just wish they'd of fixed the xmb issue with Rock Band 3..)

Resident Evil

Had to Cancel my pre-order for RE6 because of how garbage it was when i tried it.

Assassin's Creed

Not only is CoD having 1 game per year but now AC is too. Still feel like the first one was the best game of the series.

CoD

After MW2 this trend started where the next CoD that came out would be even worse than the last.

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed - first 3 installments were good. Skipped Revelations after having played the (official) third one which was an absolute clusterfuck. Staying away from the fourth.

Dead Space - first one was great, second was good, the last one is kind of meh.

Mass Effect - same as above.

Max Payne - although all 3 are still good, there has been a decline.

I loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Origins was a completely different creative team and isn't part of the true franchise.

• Final Fantasy has gone from a wonderful experience with 7, 9, 10 & 12 to a very wrong direction in 13.
  • Resident Evil went from survival horror into something more along the lines of Gears of War which was a bad direction
Edited by Captain_Cutscene

Jak and Daxter for me. Even though I like the games I feel the 1st game in the series is the best. The 1st game was a fun, charming platformer that they could have built upon. Instead they went in a new dark direction where gunplay became the focus. The shooting mechanics were so awful with no way to aim very well. On top of that the platforming kind of took a backseat and that is what I liked so much about the 1st game, just wish they could have kept the focus on the platforming.

Dead Space - as much as the first one was like " american developers are replying to Japanese developer's RE4 " but i really love it.. funny to say, but i like it more than DS2.

dead space 2 game play is super awesome! and game play is the most important thing in video game, but to me it's a bit light on the story, until it get to dead space 3 where all the shiny sparkle gone forever...

Final Fantasy - i have to point out first that i never played FFX before but, FFXII was my last enjoying final fantasy game i never got into 13 and that female version of cloud called lightning. i lost hope now after they announced FF versus 13 as FFXV, flying from been a ground up built ps3 exclusive open world game to be a Next Gen game at the time, yet they still ask for more time to take in development, something telling me that this will going to be the next duke nukem forever or... i don't know, i mean, what if the game turned out been very disappointing after all this development hell and waiting?..

Resident Evil - this series used to be what everyone talking about when it comes to survival horror games, until RE5 and after it revelations then operation raccoon city and then 6 :( 

even RE4 can be considered to have survival feel to it than the other newer RE games i think revelation too.

Need For Speed - the last need for speed game i bought was hot pursuit on ps3 after i been told it plays like the one on the ps1 and ps2, well.. it actually control smoother than those but, it's nowhere felt like those older ones, i never bought any need for speed game after that.

Batman for sure. I know a lot of people thought City was better than Asylum but I loved the trapped feeling of Asylum and felt that danger wasn't there in City. City was a great game still just not as good as Asylum

i agree! asylum gave the game this feel of been a detective inside those huge buildings, as for city it's just wanted to compete with the likes of infamous 2 at the time about a huge open world super hero game with good graphics, though i can't denied that i still had fun with it. 

i agree! asylum gave the game this feel of been a detective inside those huge buildings, as for city it's just wanted to compete with the likes of infamous 2 at the time about a huge open world super hero game with good graphics, though i can't denied that i still had fun with it. 

Oh yeah City was still good, just not as good as Asylum. Actually this thread has made me want to platinum Asylum because I feel that game deserves to be in my plat list :)

• Like 3

Battlefield - I really like Bf4 but there is just too many glitches, the campagin has deleted itself 2 times, multiplayer search fuction makes no sense and the helicopter controls are too easy; If you're not playing Engineer you're gonna have a bad time

Jak And Daxter - Only good game in series was the first one.

Harry Potter Games - What the hell happend to these games, I have played the 3 first one hundres of time but they changed everything in the fourth one, after that everything went downhill.

LEGO games - Haven't enjoyed a lego game since Lego Star Wars.

Saints Row - Fun the first 2 hours then they get boring, didn't have that problem with the second game.

Fifa Series - I love football but they haven't changed a thing since Fifa 12

SSX - One of the greates franchies ruined. Good job EA!

Edited by Bonofifa

CoD - B.O 2 and Ghosts are straight shit.

Resident - Until RE5 everything was ok but then garbage Operation Raccon City came(even being a spin-off) and the even worse garbage RE6 throwed the series well...into the goddamn garbage.

Also....there are some games surprisingly going into that path and those are:

God of War - As a huge GoW fan...Ascension was a huge deception...a technical marvel but a bad game overall.Big disappointment.

Uncharted - Again as a huge Uncharted fan...Uncharted 3 was really bad...not at all of course..game's a technical marvel too and has a great SP(with flaws)...but it was so downhill compared to UC2 that its the biggest disappointment I ever had in my life...I won't even talk about the online.

Golden Abyss was great though and Uncharted PS4 may get Uncharted back on the track of epicness...old team of UC1,UC2 and TLoU are back so we may have the real Uncharted back.Praying for it everyday.

Also there are games that went downhill but then came back with epicness.And those are:

Sly - 1 and 2 were perfect but Sly 3 was boring as shit,didn't even had that good Sly feel...but then Sanzaru came and nailed with Thieves in Time.

Bioshock - 1 is one of the best games ever made without doubt...and then Bioshock 2 came which is straight crap and pales in comparison to the 1st one...of course it wasn't Irrational so thats explainable...so Infinite came and blew every FPS outta water.

Can't remember any other game.

For me its the Batman Arkham games - I thoutht the first one was like a bolt from the blue - a damn near perfect game - but they have not managed to recapture that feeling with Arkhm City, the very poor Arkham Origins - and I just cant get excited about Arkham Knight as a result of thir current trajectory... :(

Come on man,Arkham City is just as amazing as Asylum....and you know that Origins wasn't Rocksteady right...I erased that game from my memory,damn cash-grabber...I believe Arkham Knight will make everybody forget that crap.

Uncharted 2: Too much combat (I prefer climbing), with a horrid tacked-on multiplayer mode with stupid trophies

It wasn't a tacked-on MP,not even by a single margin.

Edited by Welmosca