What series has only gotton worse?

DrBloodmoney

Metal Gear Solid with this new MGS Survive... I think Konami want have 0 fans... They are killing 1 of the best franchises of all time! But well, i think 99% of players will not consider this game canon and maybe will bypass this. They only add the title of "MGS" to sell more, and thats stupid, because, if the game haver another name, maybe players will not riot on Konami...

Defo Resident Evil for me. Four was still okayish, I liked the feeling and the atmosphere. 5 was already pretty bad and a long way from what the franchise actually stood for and RE6 was simply atrocious. The Revelations games were better imho, but were also lacking any 'horror' aspects whatsoever. I think the RE7 teaser demo was interesting, let's see if the actual game will have anything to do with it. :P

Call of duty !

There are many people that claim for a call of duty WAW style or even MW1 !

I can personally say that I DESPITE like all COD'S games has changed dramatically over the years.

Agreed, the latest Call of Duty games have gotten out of hand with the supply drops and futuristic setting. As someone who has played Call of Duty: World at War I think it's time for a change in setting, the classic MP maps were the best.
  • Like 1

i played rb3, but it just didn't feel the same for me. bought the keyboard too, but that's become a paperweight and forgettable. the game overall just felt very average, even tedious at times.

Did you only play the story modes of each and never play in full bands online?

If the first one I can see how RB3 was tedious, but story modes in music games suck anyway.

Resident evil went downhill after resident evil 5
Assassincreed went downhill after brotherhood
Call of duty went downhill after black ops
Battlefield went downhill after battlefield 3
Mortal kombat should have never left the sega master system :D

Edited by Daniel

I see Assassin's Creed mentioned quite a bit in this topic.  I think 2 and Brotherhood are easily the high points of the franchise like most, but I think both Black Flag and Syndicate were great games so it is hard to say that it has gone down hill for me.  More like it is one helluva rocky road.

AC2---AC:B

/           \                          AC4

/             \                           /  \        ACS 

/               \                         /    \        /

/                 \                       /      \      /

/                 AC:R---AC3     /        \    /

AC1                            \       /         ACU

\    /           

AC3:L         

• Like 2

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but I'm going with Uncharted.

Uncharted 1: Really fun game.

Uncharted 2: Too much combat (I prefer climbing), with a horrid tacked-on multiplayer mode with stupid trophies

Uncharted 3: DLC trophies were even worse than Uncharted 2!

There's an exception to every rule. I really enjoyed Golden Abyss, which came out after UC3, but it takes first chronologically. So, chronological order, they've been getting worse. 

Nah I agree, but I think all of them are bad with 1 being by far the worst. People give Naughty Dog FAR too much praise for these abortions. The cult of personality that has sprung up around the latest one is beyond disgusting. You can't even criticise it to the point where people made a fucking petition to remove a bad review about it. Worst thing is people can't even describe what's good about the gameplay itself and tend to be rather evasive on the subject, because they're just dull third person shooters. Really awful games in my opinion. 

Nah I agree, but I think all of them are bad with 1 being by far the worst. People give Naughty Dog FAR too much praise for these abortions. The cult of personality that has sprung up around the latest one is beyond disgusting. You can't even criticise it to the point where people made a fucking petition to remove a bad review about it. Worst thing is people can't even describe what's good about the gameplay itself and tend to be rather evasive on the subject, because they're just dull third person shooters. Really awful games in my opinion.

Mediocre is one thing, awful is another. None of the Uncharted games are awful, only mediocre at the very least.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's Assassin's Creed without a doubt, I loved the game series and it was my favorite for years, but now it's just getting worse, with Ubisoft always launching a new AC game every year, it feels that they are only concerned about launching a game and getting the money as quick as possible.

Ubisoft is also known for downgrading their games, we can see it in The Division, Watch Dogs and Far Cry games, honestly, I don't think I will buy many more games from this company...

The best Assassin's Creed games were AC2 and AC:Brotherhood, people say that AC3 (my favorite AC Game) was bad, and I seriously don't understand, but about Revelations and Unity, they were horrible, (don't have an opinion about Syndicate since I didn't play it yet), but yeah, probably since Unity the game is getting ridiculous, not to talk about the Chronicles Trilogy now, I can't imagine what will they do in the future... Assassin's Creed in American Civil War? WW1 or WW2?  :angry:

Destiny. Is it a proper series yet? Yes, and no. It doesn't have a numerical sequel yet, but it will soon. And it has had three different retail releases, so I consider it a series in a way. And it's getting worse with each progressive update.

Call of Duty.

Battlefield.

Halo.

Gears of War.