What series has only gotton worse?

DrBloodmoney

Resident Evil.

Nah I agree, but I think all of them are bad with 1 being by far the worst. People give Naughty Dog FAR too much praise for these abortions. The cult of personality that has sprung up around the latest one is beyond disgusting. You can't even criticise it to the point where people made a fucking petition to remove a bad review about it. Worst thing is people can't even describe what's good about the gameplay itself and tend to be rather evasive on the subject, because they're just dull third person shooters. Really awful games in my opinion. 

You know, I've been trying to plat 2, which seemed so good in 2010, but wow - does it feel boring today. So many cut scenes, punctuated by mindless shooting. The exploration aspects are non-existent (strange, given that the game follows treasure hunters), and the platforming is just laughably bad. I never played the later ones, but it seems they're just more of the same, so I don't know that i ever will.

Uncharted 2 really rode a wave that caught a lot of people, and its fans often remind me of the completely irrational fanboys that surround abominable JRPGs these days.  I can't completely agree with your opinion, as I haven't played the later ones, but I certainly see where you're coming from.

Final Fantasy, Used to be my favorite series,

FFIV is my favorite, VII was great, VIII Great, IX Sub Great, X Great at the time (cant stand it now), 12 good , 13 shocking, 13-2 Okay, 13-2 Good, I'm not sure how I'm going to like XV I will get it day one but still not sure.

Final Fantasy, Used to be my favorite series,

FFIV is my favorite, VII was great, VIII Great, IX Sub Great, X Great at the time (cant stand it now), 12 good , 13 shocking, 13-2 Okay, 13-2 Good, I'm not sure how I'm going to like XV I will get it day one but still not sure.

Where is the best Final Fantasy of all? Hint it's FFVI.

• Like 1

Resident Evil.

You know, I've been trying to plat 2, which seemed so good in 2010, but wow - does it feel boring today. So many cut scenes, punctuated by mindless shooting. The exploration aspects are non-existent (strange, given that the game follows treasure hunters), and the platforming is just laughably bad. I never played the later ones, but it seems they're just more of the same, so I don't know that i ever will.

Uncharted 2 really rode a wave that caught a lot of people, and its fans often remind me of the completely irrational fanboys that surround abominable JRPGs these days.  I can't completely agree with your opinion, as I haven't played the later ones, but I certainly see where you're coming from.

It's sad because I came into the series expecting to like it after people decried the latest Tomb Raider (which I quite liked) as a clone of it, and then was just so disappointed with how unbelievably dull it was. I got the collection to give it a second chance mainly to play 2 as that was the one everyone said was the best but nope. Just more of the same. I probably overstated them being awful but I just do not like them at all. They're not even particularly good third person shooters, either. 

I thought you stopped playing XBOX around March the 11th, 2014, how would you know that Gears 4 and Halo 5 are bad?

Not sure if I should be flattered by this level of stalking, or what.

And yes, I know what you're going to say. You're the one that posted that image of the last time you were on Xbox. I did. About two weeks ago. I do find it cute that you had the response so ready.

To answer your question, do you really need to own a console to know they're bad? Gears and Halo got boring to me long before those entries... LOL. Pretty sure Halo 3 and Gears of War 3 released long before 2014. But what do I know.

Edited by Valyrious

I see Assassin's Creed mentioned quite a bit in this topic.  I think 2 and Brotherhood are easily the high points of the franchise

The best Assassin's Creed games were AC2 and AC:Brotherhood, people say that AC3 (my favorite AC Game) was bad, and I seriously don't understand, but about Revelations and Unity, they were horrible

I'm so confused about this. I just finished Revelations and I've got to say it's by far the best game up to this point in the series. Of course AC2 was great so I'd understand people putting that at the top, but Brotherhood doesn't even come close. Why do so many people dislike AC:R and how is it worse than AC:B? Genuinely curious here.

Anyway it's hard to say Assassin's Creed qualifies for this thread. I haven't seen anyone suggest that AC1 was the high point in the series, so at the very least, it clearly got better before it got any worse.

I'm so confused about this. I just finished Revelations and I've got to say it's by far the best game up to this point in the series. Of course AC2 was great so I'd understand people putting that at the top, but Brotherhood doesn't even come close. Why do so many people dislike AC:R and how is it worse than AC:B? Genuinely curious here.

Anyway it's hard to say Assassin's Creed qualifies for this thread. I haven't seen anyone suggest that AC1 was the high point in the series, so at the very least, it clearly got better before it got any worse.

Dude, AC2 and Brotherhood, people like it alot, maybe because there's many Ezio's Fanboys, for me AC:Revelations was the beginning of the Assassin's Creed "Sandbox" Games, it's the AC Game I dislike the most, because the game started being so closed and only focused in one purpose, and also Revelations graphics were the ones I disliked the most, in fact, the game was too dark in some ways, but honestly, this is just my opinion, many people dislike AC3 and it's my favorite game of the series, so I can understand you.

To answer your question, do you really need to own a console to know they're bad? Gears and Halo got boring to me long before those entries... LOL. Pretty sure Halo 3 and Gears of War 3 released long before 2014. But what do I know.

Weren't H3 and GOW3 rated as some of the best games in their respective generation? Anyway, like you said, their boring to you and that's your opinion. I can't hate on that.

resident evil - while not every RE needs the Fixed Camera and Tank controls they ARE a staple of the series. The 2 Revelations games did a far better job at being RE than 5&6

if i remember others i will edit my post but really tired gotta be up at 4am to be at work

EDIT:

Metroid going from an awesome adventure game to a first person shooter/adventure

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

Up until the latest Legion expansion, World of Warcraft. I haven't played seriously since Vanilla but I always try each expansion and they turned me off more and more with each iteration. Legion also sucked me back in though.

A lot of people are saying Assassin's Creed which I don't understand. The first one was terrible. That is a very hit or miss series, I actually loved Syndicate more than most games in the franchise, same with Black Flag. I don't think this is a series that has consistently got worse. Same with Call of Duty. I've played since the VERY BEGINNING on PC, and COD4 > 1, 2 and 3. Yeah we've had some duds (Ghosts + AW) but for the most part this has been a very good series. Black Ops 3 was one of my favorites in a very long time.

I honestly can't think of a series that has gotten WORSE. Tony Hawk Pro Skater is the only that comes to mind. Maybe Sonic the Hedgehog as well. 

Call of Duty &Pokemon. Call of Duty because of their futuristic bullshit that they're introducing that's completely unnecessary. Pokemon because if you compare the games now to Red/Blue/Yellow.. the old school games were so much more fun because they gave you a challenge. They basically hand you everything including the elite four championship and you can't say I'm wrong LOL. Prime example -> Pokemon X&Y.. Diantha was a pathetic champion. You can run through the entire elite four with a Fire, Water, Grass &Fairy type(that's what I personally run while I farm XP &money) The last good Champion was Cynthia from D&P.. aka the last decently good Pokemon game imo.. everything after that just got way too boring and easy.