What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

Now and then we all make that 1 mistake in a game which just makes you feel like an idiot.

My experience was in 2 games:
Darksiders 2
- Played the game on my Xbox ages ago so when I got it for the PS3 I started on the hardest difficulty (Just to make my 2nd playthrough a breeze). I got to the end of the game where all that remained was the last boss and to beat The Crucible. I struggled with The Crucible and remembered you can change the difficulty to easy and just blitz it. I completely forgot that you could do The Crucible after beating the Final Boss. So instead I switched down to easy and then realised I screwed up my Hard playthrough. Started up my game and my save file was corrupt....so couldn't go for the 2nd Playthrough. Had to start a new game and do another 2 playthroughs of the damn thing.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox)

- Again I started on the Hardest difficulty. I was on some quest and was up against a boss and some minions. For ages this boss gave me trouble and I got fed up of the menu so just tapped the accept button over and over each time to respawn. After so many deaths, the game suggests to you to lower the difficulty. Yes is the Default Option.... So in my frustration of losing again I tapped away. It lowered the difficulty and that made the Hardest Difficulty Trophy invalid.

So, What has been your biggest gaming mistake?

• Like 1

Biggest gaming mistake....I don't have too many of those.....I'd say buying Last Rebellion for the ps3. I thought the game would be one of those amazing gems, y'know, the game no one would think of buying or ever heard about and boy...I was wrong as hell. The whole game is just shitty. Not every RPG is good, I really learned that. 

• Like 2

For me, by far the most horrible mistake I've ever made was accidentally selling my Santa Suit in Ragnarok Online 2. It was a beta only item that I got that was worth hundreds of gold, and worth more and more by the day. I accidentally sold it for 10 gold when trying to list something else. I accidentally clicked on it instead of the item I actually wanted to list, and when it popped up with a confirmation, I went to hit cancel, but I slipped and accidentally hit ok. I immediately tried to delist it, but it was gone within seconds. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing the game, and probably one of the reasons I haven't been able to play an MMO since.

Not really mistakes but after playing a whole 162 game season and the playoffs it came down to game 7 in the world series, which I lost in the final ining.... Then the next year after 162 more games I missed out on the playoffs by 1 game. ..... Then the next year after about 20 games my ps3 shat itself. All my stats... Gone.

• Like 1

1st:Making my 1st account european because a friend said it was better....the result?...had to abandon almost 2 years of gaming effort with 11 plats and 1000 trophies and my UC2 online stats.

2nd:Not putting my save files in the cloud save of Plus....the result?...lost a shitload of important save files when my HDD corrupted.

Learned a giant lesson out of them though.

Reloading after shooting 2 bullets.

I can't stop laughing at this.

• Like 2

When my first PS3 got the YLOD, I had it repaired but didn't back-up any saves. Five months later it did it again, but this time it was unrepairable. I lost a lot of progress to a lot of games.

This really - Last year my hard drive corrupted and I haven't backed up any saves. Have to start any / all games again  :angry:

Its not all bad though - it gave me a reason to play some old games again without all upgrades I would have had.  :awesome: