What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

On 12-1-2017 at 3:24 AM, ObliviousSenpai said:

Buying games on sale only to have them end up in my backlog for a year and then finding the same games on sale for even less. 

This is very recognisable, i have bought games for €15, and then not playing them for a year and then finding them on a sale for €5.

That is one of the things i really regret, i bought a lot of games of which, i already know that i will never have the time to play them all.

Another thing i regret is that at some point i thought that i should try to get multiplayer trophies, not knowing the time it took to do those long grinds i entered 10 boosting sessions i believe, so people added me thinking i was serious but of course, there is no way you can do them all because they were all huge grinds. So in the end i had to disappoint a lot of people and i still regret doing that.

• Like 1

1) Playing games I had no intention of playing beyond the one time. Now, they are on my list and I keep wondering will I ever buckle down and play them again.

2) Starting a new main account and losing all my previous trophies when my old account was closed. It's a long story involving an ex-girlfriend and being reminded of her every time I looked at it (o.k. not so long :P). Man, it's a shame that I didn't keep it, I would be at least 10 levels higher than I am now :facepalm:

Edited by The_Blackout_Kid
  • Like 1

Spending days and days trying to get the near impossible speedrun trophies for Mirror's Edge. Waste of time.

Buying COD: Ghosts because I thought the naysayers were wrong.

Also posting on too many forums when I needed to boost some GTA trophies. I still get friend requests to this day asking for help with the trophies that take forever, even after editing most of the posts I made to say I don't need the trophies anymore.

On 3/14/2017 at 0:47 PM, lesk8vaincra said:

I'm 100% sure that it is not possible to be stuck l'île what you describe in Zelda OOT. maybe you missed à chest (in the water temple, with the height of water that can change, it is really easy), but it is not possible to be stuck.

You may be right. I remember wandering around the temple for hours looking for a solution and consulting walkthroughs I found online. Then eventually I gave up thinking it's not possible to advance with my save file anymore. Maybe I can snatch my N64 from my parents' house at some point and try again. :)

Not getting the :silver: Challenging FIFA 14 in time. The challenges were available every time I played that game. After being introduced to Trophy Hunting world, I saw that there was a challenge that I had to beat on World Class. I failed and that was the last. It's now unobtainable. It will remain 42/44 forever -_-.

I just remembered when I first joined Runescape, I fell for a trick where someone would approach you and tell you they could duplicate your items. So they'd take you into a corner and ask you to press something like alt, ctrl and something to close the screen and make you drop all your stuff :lol: Luckily since I was new I didn't have much on me, something like a handful of coins and very basic weaponry, and the ability to ever call another player a noob. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest mistake was being procrastinate during my games on uncharted collection which I was able to finished the first 2 games and only one treasure drop left trophy to unlock which is hoarder. Then 100% completed. I also regret playing Playstation home and Kane and lynch 2. Which was on sale and bought it.

Edited by Silent

On 4/27/2014 at 5:20 AM, Kazeh54 said:

After so many deaths, the game suggests to you to lower the difficulty. Yes is the Default Option.... So in my frustration of losing again I tapped away. It lowered the difficulty and that made the Hardest Difficulty Trophy invalid.

So, What has been your biggest gaming mistake?

Oh I've done that too, but not changing the difficulty. You are at the final part for ages and your getting so frustrated that when the title screen comes on asking if you want to try again you bash the button down in 'temper' but accidentally press down also and quit the bloody thing instead! Now, not only have you to get past that rotten bit you've also got to get back to it... Lol. The fun in gaming!!

I've bought some games from PS Store while they were on sale, and never bothered to play them or even thought about doing it...

That said though, such mistake pales in comparison to one of my biggest ones which was install CoD: Black Ops 2 in my PS3 -_-

Well actually buying BO2 was a huge mistake in the first place... I should have learnt the lesson after seeing how bad MW3 was,

should have never tried a new CoD game again.

I guess I kind of did in the end...