What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

Maybe starting a new PSN account. My old one had platinums in FFXIII, XIII-2, Tales of Vesperia and Graces F which were all pretty time consuming. I ended up actually re-obtaining all the four in this new account, so I guess it was just time waste but I knew the whole platinum route from the get-go and skipped scenes, so I easily shaved off about 30+ hours in each compared to the first time. Another was wasting money buying collectors editions of the XIII trilogy plus the hard cover guide books as those games are only worth a few euros now and online guides are enough. 

• 5 weeks later...

I've made too many mistakes to count in games, but this is one of my larger ones. In Gta online and the prison break heist, i had been trying to finish it with randoms for 3 months until, we finally got to the beach. It was the farthest i had ever gotten and when parachuting down i.... hit the cliff and died. Everyone rage quit after that and i still can't beat the heist. That was the most painful moment of 2016 for me.

Edited by damian103ea

• 3 weeks later...

Getting addicted to trophies...  Its ruining my life...

Work can wait, just one more hit...

On 3/29/2017 at 4:24 PM, rodolphopneto_sp said:

Easy. Here in Brazil Sega was very strong (had local manufacturing of the consoles), so when the Dreamcast came, i acted on impulse and sold my PS1 to get it.

Don't think many people can beat that.

Good for you man.  PSX is a gateway to PS2, which leads to PS3 and Vita and before you know it, your tweaking on PS4 or even the deadly PS5.  Be glad you got out early.

Pre-ordering Hitman 2016 and Ghost Recon Wildlands before they came out and buying the first Watch_dogs as soon as it was released.

Also, accidentally deleted my backup save for alienation Hardcore mode...

Me buying way to many games, still do this now although i now look a bit better before i actually buy something. Earlier i was like: It has an offline plat, then i buy it. Costed me a lot of money and a lot of games on my list that are pretty boring

1. Pre-ordering No Mans Sky

2. Back on the PS3 I refused to upload my save games on PS Plus, 'cause what for? Then came the Red light of Death and all my savegames were gone forever... including a few hundred hours of tedious gameplay in Gran Tourismo 5...

I don't think I've posted here before, so my biggest mistake was to not get the :silver: Challenging trophy the exact the same time I got the :bronze: On My Own trophy in FIFA 14. Now that's the only trophy I need for the plat, but the challenges aren't reloading anymore -_-.

• Like 1

Back in World of Warcraft Classic I played PVP with the old pvp ranks.

In summer holidays I managed to get to rank 13 (Field Marshal) out of 14 when holidays where over. I thought "ok you don't have enough time to get to rank 14 (Grand Marshal) in school time" cause you have to be in top x for some weeks to reach this rank (if I remember correctly).

So I didn't even try. Later I thought, I did had a good chance to become Grand Marshal and I regret(ted) that I didn't try.

I sure I've had a lot, but these are what spring to mind when I see the question;

- Spending hours trying to do something in Portal 2 Co-Op (Hitting the switches at the same time in Course 5 Chamber 8), because you'd thought you'd done in wrong, only to find out you'd done it right the first time you'd tried.

- Deleting my Driveclub save thinking I'll never buy the DLC, bought the DLC in a sale, had to do the single player bit all again to get to some of the DLC trophies. :(

Edited by Adycakes
Spelling mistake

- Choose Ashley Williams to live in my first Mass Effect 1 playthrough. With her Xenophobia she represents everything I wouldn't stand for. But I wanted to be a gentleman and let the woman live.

- Buying the Limited Edition of No Man's Sky... 80€ for this piece of shit.