What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

8 minutes ago, Lidiardo said:

@Tianna_Mortis If i'm reading your profile correctly, you've just platinummed Skyrim?!?! How about that for some closure! 1f600.png

Yup! Well, I platinumed it about a month ago, finally got the damn legendary dragon last night to complete all 100% of the trophies. I took a break for awhile since leveling got boring and finally just sat through the grind.

It was actually a lot of closure on multiple levels. Years ago, I initially started going after the platinum as something to focus on outside of my life. I was in an abusive relationship, depressed, working 50 hour weeks, drinking a lot and entertaining suicidal thoughts. It gave me an escape I desperately needed at the time. So looking back on where I was in my life then to now and what a 180 it is has been really cathartic for me.

As a funny postscript, this was actually the third time I went for platinum in Skyrim. I got four away from it again when my xBox 360 died and I made the switch to PS4. So, third time really is the charm! ?

• Like 3

On 5/8/2019 at 7:49 PM, SnowxSakura said:

You can still easily buy them online, their prices haven't increased that much compared to elemental gearbolt

Looks at price.....I need to sale my copy of Elemental Gearbolt. ?

Anyways.....Screwing up my save file for The Last of Us Remastered and screwing up the New Game + run. Will probably never go back to it.

I'm really not a fan of the game but I'm annoyed I won't get the two 'Fully upgrade' trophies.

Trophy hunting.

As others have said, it's affected (probably forever) the way I play games. And the worse thing is is that it isn't so cut and dry. There are many games that I would have never given a fair shake and loved if I didn't like how the trophies looked, but it I still ended up playing a bunch of games I didn't care for or outright hated because of it. It sucked up so much of my time as a result, time that could've been spent productively.

Even now, when there exists a game I genuinely wanna play for fun, with my trophy list tainted by a now unobtainable platinum (ergo making 100% no longer a possibility), I can't even get excited any more, because now my brains always telling me "you really shouldn't. You may not get the platinum." 

• Like 1

I had a 60 GB PS3 and ended up upgrading the hard drive to 500 GB.  I had copied over all of my saves to PS Plus (or USB) and everything worked great!  Copied everything over and everything seemed in order so I ended up deleting the USB stick to use on the computer.  A couple months later, the system bites the dust and I replace it with a newer PS3.  Redownloaded everything and copied back the save files and it was only then I realized I never copied my near 100% KH1 save file over to PS Plus (it was on the USB).  I was only a couple blueprints away from finishing it.  I was pretty frustrated to say the least.

There was also one time as a kid where I wiped my SNES saves because a friend was coming over for a few days and I thought we'd have fun playing these games from the beginning (FF6, SMW, Super Mario Kart, etc).  They bailed at the last minute and never showed.

Buying the Conduit on the wii, hyped up by the developers as the fps for the console and pushing the console to the limits to be close to ps3 and 360.

I kept my expectations low seeing as it would be a bit of a reach them making a title to rival the other two.

Bought it on release and it lasted two days before being taken back, awful game, online was a mess (the wii was never a console to use online tbf) part of a wii forum community I wasn't the only one disappointed with this title.

They managed to squeeze out a sequel no idea how it played though as I'd moved onto ps3 by then, batman arkham asykum peaked my interest but it wasn't a wii release so I moved to Sony for my bat fix. 

These are minor mistakes, but back on the X360 when I just started out, I've played Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

The game achievements required you to reach No.1 on 3 different leaderboards.. yeah f* that. A way to boost that was to own 4 Xbox concoles, 4 gold memberships to play online and then 6 hours/day boosting for the next 6-9 months. Goodbye sweet 100%.

Also played Hasbro Family Night, and Scrabble was only available in the UK and US, worth 200G points.

Clinging for too long to CoD games, from CoD 4 til Ghosts.

Getting my backlog out of hand is also a mistake I should have avoided. I am at around 40 games now. A year ago I swore that I wont be exceeding 15-20 games. :D

My biggest mistake 4 years ago when I sold my PS3 to buy a PS4 and never had INTERNET to sync all my trophies earn on 300+ games. I played alot of PS3 but didn't have internet. I bought my PS4 and got internet. Only then did I realize I should have synced the trophies on the ps3 with a new account. I went back to the guy to ask if I could just borrow it for a day and he had already had the PS3 System Restored. I didn't have a PSN PLUS with cloud saves. So a week later I bought myself another PS3 (It bother me I didn't have my plats from games I enjoyed like Infamous, Sleeping Dogs etc etc. I had to redo all those plats on the PS3 on again and replay some 99 games (Wasn't bother to replay the other 200+ games . But the PS3 era was so good I didn't mind playing it again. My level could have been higher but I'm glad the leaderboards don't bother me. Oh well life goes on.

• Like 1

To this day I regret selling my old consoles to be able to afford newer ones. I had, and sold, a Master System, a Sega Genesis and a Super Nintendo - all of which I sold to be able to buy the newer consoles at the time.

It's weird that I regret selling my Super Nintendo because it allowed me to buy my good old Playstation One which to this day I consider (and probably will always consider) the greatest video game console ever.

Since that generation I have refused to sell or trade anything related to gaming. Most of what I have left from the time is gathering dust, not gonna lie, but I cling to it as a part of my childhood. Quite unashamedly, I confess.

Edited by AFRising
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Too loud? Give us some info, I've never had a ps4 but all I hear is bad things about it

Very loud fan, annoying loud buzzing, laggy UI. I traded in my C chassis standard PS4 which i regret, that console was silent and had no laggy UI. I've gone back to PS3 due to this, i hardly use PS4 anymore, every time i use it feel like just throwing out the window. If you want a PS4 get a C chassis, if you want a Pro get a Gamma Chassis, although they still buzz but fan is apparently silent. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Very loud fan, annoying loud buzzing, laggy UI. I traded in my C chassis standard PS4 which i regret, that console was silent and had no laggy UI. I've gone back to PS3 due to this, i hardly use PS4 anymore, every time i use it feel like just throwing out the window. If you want a PS4 get a C chassis, if you want a Pro get a Gamma Chassis, although they still buzz but fan is apparently silent. 

I'd trade my 2013 ps4 for a pro any day man...

Anyways, don't you play with headphones on or something? I doubt you'd hear your fan with them.

40-silver.png - Should've played more ModNation Racers while the servers were online.

40-gold.png - Put 200 hours into my Assassin on Borderlands 2 without ever making a backup, now he's just a corrupted file and some fond memories.

Edited by GR1Mshadow

7 minutes ago, Blood-Stalker1 said:

Selling my Gameboy games for 5 euro per pop  ( 25 games )

I feel your pain, i had perfectly packaged Batman, Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, Killer Instinct and a few other games for Gameboy Color in 2003, sold them for 10$ a piece... now they go for like 80$ ?

5 minutes ago, Rise_GKM said:

I feel your pain, i had perfectly packaged Batman, Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, Killer Instinct and a few other games for Gameboy Color in 2003, sold them for 10$ a piece... now they go for like 80$ 1f604.png

Yea I know it is a rip-off