What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

3 hours ago, Franciscoo- said:

I'd trade my 2013 ps4 for a pro any day man...

Anyways, don't you play with headphones on or something? I doubt you'd hear your fan with them.

Yes and i can still hear it, fan goes nuts on some games like God of War. 

Buying a PS4 over an Xbox One at launch.

Nah, I don't have a big one, I have a few little trivial ones, listed in no order.

. Getting into trophies AT ALL.

. Signing up to a Brazilian PSN account to get Rachet Gladiator and QForce for free, but then forgetting the login details.

. Making an American account and going through the hassle of buying American currency to buy Shadow Warrior 2 on sale, only for it to come to Australia like a month later at that point (though I did also get Hotline Miami 2, and use that account for all the Humble Bundles not available in Australia, so it's okay)

. Buying Rock Band on iOS like 7 or 8 years ago because you can't redownload it at all and it sucks, it was a real hassle to sideload onto an iPhone in 2019.

. Buying Rock Band 4 right before the massive price drops started.

. Buying Guitar Hero Live because it was cheaper than Rock Band 4, only to realize it's a piece of shit, and then caving and buying RB4 anyways.

. Bricking one of my PSP Go consoles when learning how to CFW for the first time.

. Trading in all my old Game Boy / Advance stuff for (relatively) piss all, trading all my shit in general tbh. Cliche I know, but damn I regret it.

. Preordering Battlefront 2 digitally as a birthday present for a friend, only for it to tank and be 20 dollars in weeks after release, when I paid 100 for a digital copy.

• 9 months later...

-Not password-protect my account.

-Have one of my kids play a game (Samurai Warriors 4) and overwrite a 40h-save.

-Have auto-backup on, so have the bad save overwrite the good backup without me noticing.

-Notice and swear.

-Turn off auto-backup to not have this problem again.

-Get my PS4 bricked during an update (motherboard failure?).

-Lose all my saves made since the first event because they weren't backed up.

Now back on auto-backup, but the kids all know my password.

Living dangerously.

• Like 2

I don’t know if I have any worth mentioning, let’s see...

-Trading in my PS3 Slim for an Xbox One and a few games. One game was dead on arrival, the other being Elder Scrolls Online.

-Playing through Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, the online portion is dog shit. I’ll be at 99% forever due to one dodgy achievement.

-Starting Adventures of Mana on my Vita, which is confusing and requires a buttload of backtracking if mistakes have been made.

-Allowing my kid to play on my account, now stuck with LBP2 trophies.

-Allowing my partner to play a UFC game with me where I knocked him out within 30 seconds by button mashing. He never played with me again and now stuck with one trophy.

-Allowing myself to play through TLoU. Not a bad game but it’s not worth multiple playthroughs...

-Punishing myself through one game at a time until I complete it. I won’t allow myself to play anything else. Probably my worst mistake.

Edited by Emina

2 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

You monster

I still hate myself when I think about it. Especially now as Castlevania is one of my favourite gaming series.

I actually went back two days later to get the Castlevania game but of course if was sold by then.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 1

Just now, NekoRave said:

Its the beat DS game as well. My uncle got me it for my birthday ages ago and I played it so much the cartidge doesnt work anymore

It was the GBA game that I missed out on. I had Dawn of Sorrow for the DS (assuming you are talking about that one) and I played so much of that game. So many good times. Really hope they re-release it for the Switch. I'm not sure if I played Portrait of Ruin (but I am sure I did) but I remember Order of Ecclesia being a big disappointment.

Though that Salt and Sanctuary have one trophy list for all platforms and completed one trophy on PS4, then, after gasp that I need to do another round in this game, have decided to go in NG+ there too. Witch of the Lake have drained all life from me. Can't look at this game anymore.

Edited by Bloodytears1666