What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

I'm fairly certain you

1. Have 2 sets of those available to you

2. Just need to do a buttload of sidequests from the guild guys

3. Aren't required to have the armor at all

I have over 500+ hours clocked on skyrim and my original save sold the thieves guild armor after I got the nightingale set, and eventually far better sets. Then went back and still got it. 

Personally my biggest mistake is probably, trophy wise, loading any EA game and burn zombie burn. Game-wise, (well it wasn't really my own mistake, more an internet issue) I was on the very last days of a faction in TLOU-Multiplayer (the 82nd through 84th) and got disconnected three times in a row. Seeing as a dcon also counts as a day completion I was left with 100% of my population dying, which means I had to do all 84 matches over again for that side.. That was a pain in the ass.

Not too bad bro, you can do a faction in a couple of hours, as long as you have a few survivors and they aren't sick, and also your not on a 100% pop risk mission, you can just skip days. I did both factions within a 4-5 hr period, you can literally skip 4-5 days then play one.

Turning off my ps3 while its installing an update :facepalm:

and then all my saves got corrupted leaving me with a ton of games saves just gone :( made me leave gaming for a while

and a ton click mistakes, not saving in an rpg and dying while grinding :(

I almost gave up on FF13. It was actually a "meh" game when i played it and i took breaks in-between chapters and boss battles. It took me a huge ass while for me to defeat the 1st Dysley form and his form on Oerba. And the Proudclad. Oooooh the Proudclad. Yes.

So yeah... that would have been my biggest mistake ever if i gave up on it. Thank God i didn't. :)

Probably a bunch but two that come to mind

Skyrim,- level 46, completed the mages & warriors, was almost done with the thieves and assassins lines.  I started a new character for my daughter and saved over my game... after the autosaves had all reset to her character.

Infamous, my first playthrough was long before trophy hunting so I was just winging it, going for the good story stuff, didn't realize that doing an evil side quest locked you out of a good one and coudln't get every good upgrade because of it.  Played through on hard and evil after that for fun.  Deleted my saves because I didn't think I'd ever play it again.  Now I kinda want the plat but I'd have to do a full good playthrough and collect every blast shard.

Spending my birthday money on this...

virtual-boy.jpg

I was a dumbass kid. 

Parker

Tsk, speak for yourself! I had fun with it while it lasted...my neck and eyes are much happier these days though :)

Mine is definately turning my PS3 into a paper weight when attempting to fix a YLOD...on my birthday!

Oh and back in college, allowing my boneheaded roommate to play my PS2 when I was gone. One time he was playing my Smackdown!: Shut Your Mouth (Best WWE game on a Sony console btw) and somehow managed to save his one create-a-player over the 10-15 that I spent weeks creating and integrating into the season mode!!! Then another time, he lent my GTA: Vice City out to one of his friends without asking me!

Edited by merciful84

• 5 months later...

Other than starting tonnes of shit game like Lost Planet 2, Duke Nukem etc it has to be the fact that I put the online to one side for the time being on Homefront, Dirt 2 and FEAR 2 then the bastards shut the servers down!!!!

Oh and also the arseholes taking the mask creator down on Army of Two!!!

Edited by freddie1989
  • Like 1

Having about 80 hours of play time on PGA Tour 14 trying to get the career objectives and on my last tour skipping a few games thinking it wouldn't affect my objectives it did and rather then play another season I decided to delete my previous auto save and by accident deleted my entire career  

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Batman: Arkham Asylum (or maybe it was Arkham City?) at 4 or 5am... I got to about 95% on my save file progress, but was so incredibly sleepy that I called it quits and exited out to the main menu... when I woke up, my save file was gone. Apparently I pushed the right combination of buttons in my sleep and inadvertently deleted it. (><)

• Like 3

1)Trying to fight all the enemies instead of taking them down in a predator encounter in my first batman(Batman Arkham Origins) :giggle:

2)Infamous 1: There was a blast shard on the side of a big pole-like structure next to a building and there were two wires that lead to it. 
I began grinding the wires and jumping at the end hoping to reach the blast shard but it was just too high.
After trying so many times(almost drove me insane), i, out of frustration, jumped from the building next to it....
And made it to the blast shard  :facepalm: 

Lovejinder_LJ.png

• Like 1

Playing Baby Daisy online in Mario Kart 8.  Got bullied pretty hard.

But more seriously, I had clear data for Dragon Age 1 and 2 on my old roommates 360.  He's on the other side of the country now.  And I didn't grab my saves, but it doesn't matter cause I don't have a 360.  So I downloaded Dragon Age 1 for my PS3 and guess what Origin was giving away for free the next day?  At least this girl at work let me borrow her Ultimate Edition and I could get all the expansions.