What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

Starting to care about trophies.

Mainly, feeling like getting the Platinum = got all my moneys worth before selling it.

^This!

So I downloaded Dragon Age 1 for my PS3 and guess what Origin was giving away for free the next day?  At least this girl at work let me borrow her Ultimate Edition and I could get all the expansions.

They only gave away the PC version for free.

I don't recall any really bad stuff, probably a lot of small mistakes (I play since NES so....).

but for that gen, it's definitely buying FF13 while hopping to have a FF.... and after that buy FF13-2 after playing the demo and hating it ~~, buying fable 3 and hoping it would be like fable 1/2...... and I don't count buying a xbox 360 (even if I play 90% ps3, 5% vita and 5% 3ds....) because I have that jewel tales of vesperia (in english) on it :wub:

I made a really bad character in oblivion (ps3), one that makes the game REALLY hard for 80% of the story, and a piece of cake for the last 20% xD I check everything, so no wrong button, no deleted save, or whatsoever, but I never backup my save files, and I had a surprise YLOD (at the start not in gaming session)... I was in the way to SO4 platinum... nearly 90% of BT..... I try to resurrect my fat ps3, but it didn't work...

One time when I was playing GTA Lost & Damned I got to about the 2nd to last mission & my game froze, Now for some reason I had autosave off & didnt save due to me thinking autosave was on so I had to replay the entire DLC all over again.   I didnt like doing that (especially since I hate motorbikes in video games)

Other than that I hadnt really had any major screwups that I can think of.

Selling my 3DS titles which included Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Mario 3D world for the Wii U, I did it without thinking because i was already selling my 360 to go towards it. Basically, i got 20 bucks total for my collection of around 30 360 titles, and the 360 was about 50$. As for the 3DS games I'm too ashamed to admit. Thanks gamestop!

However I'd like to add that i do not regret my purchase :3 The wii U is brilliant. And as of now its the most productive of the next gen consoles as far as what I want to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Selling my 3DS titles which included Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Mario 3D world for the Wii U, I did it without thinking because i was already selling my 360 to go towards it. Basically, i got 20 bucks total for my collection of around 30 360 titles, and the 360 was about 50$. As for the 3DS games I'm too ashamed to admit. Thanks gamestop!

Wow, is that really the price they offer?

I hear jokes about the trade in prices at Gamestop, I thought they were just highly exaggerated..

Holy shit.

Wow, is that really the price they offer?

I hear jokes about the trade in prices at Gamestop, I thought they were just highly exaggerated..

Holy shit.

Nope, if you turn in a game 1 week after purchasing they'll give you a full refund. Any day afterwards the game will be worth nothing. And thats only for new games. Anything older then 4 months will give you nothing. Which is why i thankfully only buy games that i plan to keep.

Bought X360 because it was cheaper than PS3. I sure had some great moments with my Xbox, but when I bought my PS3 last year I realized how much I have missed in the past. I never really got into Xbox exclusives so it was stupid to buy that console. PS3 had Uncharted, Heavy Rain and all kind of cool games that I've only been able to play lately. But the main reason to get back in Playstation-family was The Last of Us.

Now I'm happy PS4 owner and didn't even considered Xbox One.

• Like 2

Downloading Ace Combat: Infinity.

1st: It's a 4/6 month commitment minimum.

2nd: Unless you're willing to pay boatloads of your hard earned green, you only get to play at most 6 online matches a day.

3rd: As a 100% collector, until it IS complete it remains a bane in my list.

CONCLUSION: Don't Get It...

Trading in all my classic ps2 games along with my fat original ps2 for $200NZD off a wii.... my 10 year old self got sucked in by eb games trade in offers xD

Trading in all my classic ps2 games along with my fat original ps2 for $200NZD off a wii.... my 10 year old self got sucked in by eb games trade in offers xD

Ufff some that I remember are:

-Buying the Original Xbox on launch date. The system has great games but the xbox itself broke on me 3 times and I ended up buying 2 more xbox.

-Buying the Gameboy Advance. It didnt have light built in so I ended up giving it away and buying the SP version instead.

-Buying Breakdown for the Xbox. Very hard game, when I got to the last part and I couldn't beat it so I broke the game in frustation, lol.

-Breaking my new Gameshark for PS2 by mistake. It costed me like $50 bucks when it came out but using it much and swapping discs made me broke it by mistake.

-Buying games that have no multiplayer for more than $50 dollars and after some time seeing them in a recycle bin for like $5 dollars.

-Replaying Far Cry 3 for the last trophy campaing. It happened when I tried to redo the last boss quick time event part and I pressed Home and Quit before the

trophy popped out and when I reloaded my auto save I was in the island again with no trophy.

-Not knowing how to correctly install a new hard drive for my PS3. I didnt know I had to delete some game data such as Uncharted games and GTA.

-Attempting to get a platinum and finding out it has online trophies and the servers have shut down.

-Attempting to clean a disc and removing the stickers that it may have which either it made me brake the game by mistake or it removed part of the disc cover art itself.

-Trading games with Gamestop (EB Games in Canada).

-Getting married. :|

• Like 1