What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

I was like 24 trophies away from my 1000 trophy.

and i had 24 Jak & Daxter trophies, so I thought that I would achive an Platinum as mine 1000th trophy!

Well 21 trophies later I realised I had counted wrong, and that my Platinum was also an trophy.. I had only counted the regular trophies, so my 1000th trophy became an Gold trophy, and mine 1001 trophy became an Platinum. :(

Becoming addicted to accomplishments, be it trophies or achievements. These things have not only forced me to purchase a crap ton of games, but devices as well -- be it the Vita (three times), the Windows Phone (HTC HD7), GFWL/Steam games, etc.

Hell, I've probably had a total of four Xbox 360s and six/seven PS3s (and one PS4) within the past eight years, not because any of them were broken, but because I decided to go back and forth in an attempt to work on the dreaded backlog.

Going to assumed that I've probably spend no short of $100,000 on this generation of gaming alone; nevermind all the crap I'd purchased on previous consoles or handhelds.

I guess you could say I had a similar problem with spending a lot of money buying and rebuying consoles, though $100,000 seems a bit much... which could probably qualify as my biggest mistake(s) as well. I didn't do it for achievements/trophies though, I just struggled between trying to follow my friends around (everyone and their grandma owned a 360), and picking the console with games and functionality that I enjoyed more (typically the PS3). So I would constantly be trading consoles in, buying new ones, rebuying my favorite games, thinking "this' ll be the one I stick with". The idea of owning both consoles at the same time never appealed to me... I had a hard enough time keeping enough attention to actually finish the games on one, no less throwing a whole other platform with its own games and exclusives into the mix.

Edited by Dreakon13

There are many things i reget, but only two things i would call a mistake cause it was so obvious that i shouldn't have done them. First was buying Rampage World Tour over Star Fox 64, number 2 was selling my SNES and N64 because i was "too old for gaming" back in 2001 or so. Apparently when Metroid Fusion was released i wasn't "too old for gaming" anymore

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Playing Darksiders while beeing online O.o 
Ive died soo many times while falling down somewhere and a friend ALWAYS picked on me... like haha your sooo bad youve died over 50 times now bababababa

Dont save often enough while playing Fallout 3... now I have to start again and Level up my Charatker again to get him to a good/neutral/bad charma at the same Level to get the trophys

Biggest mistake in gaming...

When Fallout 3 New Vegas came out, I picked it up new for 360.. took it home, slid it into the console, turned around.. tripped on the controller charger cable, pulled the 360 off the shelf and.. I wasn't playing FO3 that night.

• Like 1

Starting a game I borrowed from a friend who I knew would whine about it the next day and want it back...and now to this day I still haven't gotten to beat Legend of Mana.

Playing Dead Space on a NG+ and locking the hardest difficulty until I played through again. I wasn't a big fan of the game and wasn't trying to play 4 times. Maybe one day I'll go back and get that last trophy...

I wouldn't call it a mistake but Megaman X7 was a gigantic letdown for me especially since it was one of the last games I ever pre-ordered. (It was actually the last one until Assassin's Creed Rogue was announced.) The just didn't have a good feel to me. I wish they would make another game for PS3/PS4.

I think my first biggest mistake was trading in my PS2 and all the games, very early in the PS3's life cycle. I should have waited a year or two, until their were more games out.

My second biggest mistake, was with Ghostbusters, Overlord II and Bulletstorm, putting off working on their online trophies until I had missed out on them, due to the servers closing. I platted Overlord II and Ghostbusters on my old PSN account, but I put them off, when working on my new PSN account i.e, my current one. Preventing me from earning the plats from those wonderful games. I have taken the lessons these games provided to heart though and have been working on the online trophies first, for my games now. So that this doesn't happen to me again.

Edited by James_Tonto

• 2 weeks later...

100% serious: getting the original Xbox instead of remaining PlayStation gamer after the original system. Had 2 Xboxes die on me, then got the 360 around launch was spending less time gaming and more time partying so it collected a lot of dust. Then when I got back into gaming thanks to gta4 I got the rrod twice. Completely gave up on gaming for awhile until max Payne 3 so I got a 360 slim, didn't care or really even know about achievements, trophies since I was never an online gamer. Then when I saw the trailer for the last of us I was hooked, got the ps3 super slim and haven't looked back, ps4 on launch day, Sony all the way.

Half serious, but most of you know it's true: looking at it from a strictly selfish gaming addict view...meeting my wife and subsequently having 2 kids was a huge gaming mistake. I've lost countless hours that could've been spent 100% more games; all the constant guilt-ridden stares gives me a headache at the least.

:P

Buying a used xbox that doesn't play all my games

Letting people borrow my games and not returning them back

Buying xbox 360, it was fun but paying to play online is not cool

Destroying my ps3 controller cause of rage

Playing GTA 4

Playing perfect dark zero that game is awful

Having less than 50% trophy completion in a game

Edited by Condemned09